The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

what's your why

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
alot of persons don't know what their why in life is, why they are watching tv now instead doing something productive.why they are taking drugs, what's the benefit of taking drugs you know those basic things. most persons don't even know why they are living, as they usually say,"two of the most important days in your life are they day you born and the day you found out why". that quote is reallytrue most of us don't know our purpose in life, i am not talking about starting a business or any of those capitalist stuff i leave those for the entrepreneurs.

what i am talking about is what's your purpose in life, what's your goal it doesn't have to be big you can start small right now in your home by being the best you can be at whatever you choose to pursue whether it be in health you can start by exercising twice a day both in the morning and evening, or if it's business you don't have to quit your job and start that do or fail thing you can start by writing a plan on a simple piece of paper because a thousand miles begin with a single step or even your relationship with your family you can start by even taking them out more you know give the home a break.you see guys you got to know your why in life because it's your why
that's going to carry you through the hardtimes when you feel like you want to give up, i have to admit guys life is hard it really is and you are not going to persevere whithout your knowing your why.so just keep on working toward your goal and don't give up .WhatsYourWhy.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
This is actually a very powerful and effective marketing strategy. You start with your "why," then you tell them what you sell. By getting an audience to agree with you (to like you) first, then telling them what you're selling, you're setting up a psychological map that makes them want to buy what you're selling.

Don't believe me? Ask your bestfriend/spouse what they think of your latest "great idea" for a business. They like you, so they think it's great.

Examples in the real world" Apple, "We believe in challenging the status quo, we believe in thinking differently." Who do they attract? Hipsters. If you asked a hipster about themselves they'd tell you their different and challenge the way things are.

Simon Sinek gave a famous TED talk about "What's your why" which really changed the way a lot of people market their company.

Weaponize

Workin on it!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Nov 15, 2014
Simon Sinek gave a famous TED talk about "What's your why" which really changed the way a lot of people market their company.

On my favorites and something I go back to often, here's the video snippet:

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
On my favorites and something I go back to often, here's the video snippet:

love that video, there's a longer version out as well. Such a key core idea to understand. Inspire and tap feelings and identity, and they'll rationalize their purchase w/ features and benefits.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I love this video too:

Payden

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Mar 4, 2014
Lawrence, KS
I have a lot of reasons why I am starting my company, Hidden Abilities. One morning, a few months ago, I sat down and listed them out on receipt paper while working as a cashier at the local college dining hall. (There is nothing like a food service job to make you reevaluate your life) When I was finished, I had come up with eight reasons why I do what I do, and I have that list posted on a corkboard in my apartment to remind myself. For the sake of brevity, I’ll only discuss the top three here.

One reason I’m starting Hidden Abilities is because I enjoy the challenge and I’ll like the person I will have to become to make it a success. I know Hidden Abilities is going to push me past my limits and I’ll have to grow to keep up with it. That growth has already started and is something I’m embracing. It’s making me a better person and I like that.

Another reason I’m starting this business is because I want to provide a great life for my family. A life that only business ownership can provide. I want to be able to give back to my parents for everything they’ve done for me. I want to be an example for my (future) children, and show them that with hard work, perseverance, and the right mindset, they can achieve anything they set their mind to. I want to live life on my terms and experience the freedom that financial independence provides.

The final reason I’m going to discuss here is because I badly want to help brilliant people like my wife who have gone their whole lives believing that are stupid, when in reality, they just don’t read well. (My business helps people with dyslexia)

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
I have a lot of reasons why I am starting my company, Hidden Abilities. One morning, a few months ago, I sat down and listed them out on receipt paper while working as a cashier at the local college dining hall. (There is nothing like a food service job to make you reevaluate your life) When I was finished, I had come up with eight reasons why I do what I do, and I have that list posted on a corkboard in my apartment to remind myself. For the sake of brevity, I’ll only discuss the top three here.

One reason I’m starting Hidden Abilities is because I enjoy the challenge and I’ll like the person I will have to become to make it a success. I know Hidden Abilities is going to push me past my limits and I’ll have to grow to keep up with it. That growth has already started and is something I’m embracing. It’s making me a better person and I like that.

Another reason I’m starting this business is because I want to provide a great life for my family. A life that only business ownership can provide. I want to be able to give back to my parents for everything they’ve done for me. I want to be an example for my (future) children, and show them that with hard work, perseverance, and the right mindset, they can achieve anything they set their mind to. I want to live life on my terms and experience the freedom that financial independence provides.

The final reason I’m going to discuss here is because I badly want to help brilliant people like my wife who have gone their whole lives believing that are stupid, when in reality, they just don’t read well. (My business helps people with dyslexia)
wow!!!!!! i am amazed man this is one of the best responses i have seen along with some amazing ones as well on this thread.keep it up man it's stuff like these that inspires me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.