The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Less is more

Marketing, social media, advertising

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
What is better?
Reaching a whole lot of people without knowing exactly what to say
Or reaching enough people with the exact message in mind

Don't expect MORE sales to come from just pushing product awareness if you have only a very vague market awareness. Being poorly informed, leads to being disconnected from your customers, which leads to very limp market responsiveness.

Marketing is tough because, there really is very little feedback. You have to get creative.
And through that creativity, keep your message SHARP

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"Less is more"

I'll attest to that.

If I drive 10 calls to a business every day, and they spend 30 minutes quoting for each, and none convert, then this is a BAAD thing.

The business would much rather they had one call a day that converted into a sale.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
Schrute fact:
"Less is more"
False. More is more.
More converting calls = more converting calls.

I think what the OP wanted to tell us is that
It's better to do a few things good than to halfass alot of things.

@RogueInnovation have you written a book?
I would love to read it, because I like the mindset that your posts reflect.

And cuz I'm not a very special person, I think others would like to read it too.

Cynthia Nataline

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 17, 2015
Indonesia
Reaching a whole lot of people without knowing exactly what to say = quantity game
Reaching enough people with the exact message in mind = quality game

Although more converting calls = more converting calls, the question stands. Calling a whole lot of people without knowing exactly what to say or calling enough people with the exact message in mind,

Fishing only at places where the fish you want to catch are swimming or fishing at lots of places hoping for luck to bring you the type you want?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I would love to read it, because I like the mindset that your posts reflect.

Thats appreciated,
After the success of my current biz I might give my gathered notes to those near to me who want to learn from my perspective. If you or others really want it before then I can oblige I suppose, but,
some of my mindsets are still developing regarding the last rungs I've gotta climb.
I'm experienced enough to know success won't change my mindsets I've already earned, but one must earn their stripes, even if only for prosterity.
I dunno, most people learning business seem rather undecided on success, or if they are its superficial (fear based). My advice is more for those who are decided upon success and want it to be profound. So, I'm mostly thinking I will just recycle my kept notes and later release them as simpler concepts.

I don't know, people are commitment-phobes. It makes it hard to confidently share.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Reaching a whole lot of people without knowing exactly what to say = quantity game
Reaching enough people with the exact message in mind = quality game

Awesome,

I'm just going to use what you said to spring board into something slightly different than your meaning here, so forgive me.

If I am candid, in marketting scientifiically speaking brand loyalty (quality) doesn't affect statistics of buying very much, what affects purchases is being outside of the "white noise" brands that no one buys. Fanatics, and pure brand loyalists often only make up an insignificant percentage of your buyers.
It is more likely that no one is going to stick around waiting for you to eventually make a vague point than that they will listen to you if you are high quality, and since you are buying that viewer you are wasting both your time/money and theirs.

But more than that if you are considering marketting at scale (which you should if you are serious) the more obtuse your marketting is, the more expensive and inefficient it is going to be and that will slow growth, and also give you greater resistance towards reaching your entire market.

IMO, you really can't afford lax/uninsightful marketting.
Its the case of rotten versus ripe,
Supermarkets discard a large amount of food every day due to waste.
Since marketting costs money, every second, and for every viewer, you need it to sell or it is unusable (rotten).

Also, to use another metaphor using food, lets say you have a shelf of ripe apples, one half is sweet, the other half is sour, while technically you can sell the sour apples your market won't be able to eat as many as if its sweet.

Furthermore, poorly designing a marketting strategy - placing an ad here and there - can trigger an "in retreat" feel to the campaign that can block you off and give you dead ends rather than encourage new opportunities.

Most people simply work up some copy, make a landing page, etc etc.
They do this because its "relatively free" and a nice STATIC controllable way to go about things. But to me, thats like hoping someone or something is coming to save you (they aren't).

This is my long way of saying, quantity only works well with enough quality, and not because its a better brand, but because the finances and other forces at play really hate the inefficiency of poorly developed and cumbersome strategies.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.