The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My journey to FREEDOM

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Cool Demon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 10, 2015
Target Freedom Date: 31st December 2015

I might be one of most seasoned and experienced wantrepreneur around here. :( Enough of lurking around and it's finally time to TAKE ACTION.

This thread is for me more than anyone else. Something that will hold me accountable and motivate me to reach my goal.

Stage 1: Validate my business idea
Challenge: Have no clue how to do that
Strategy: Ready. Fire. Aim.

Steps:
Read more and understand landing page
Create a landing page for my idea

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Sounds great! :) Hope there's more after that! :)

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
Get to it and keep us updated! I'm still trying to find my niche, but always love watching progress of others for motivation. Post your progress as you go, hopefully by your deadline you will have accomplished what you wanted, can't wait to see it!

Cool Demon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 10, 2015
Thank you guys for encouraging.

Landing Page - Check

1. Landing Page Software: Researched on landing page options. I wanted an option that would enable me to create a landing page fast. Finalized on LeadPages. Good option of templates with very low learning curve.

2. Copy Writing: This is was the biggest challenge for me. Spent a day reading through the forums about copy writing. This is an elaborate subject with lots of insights. However I wanted to get my landing page out as soon as possible. So I developed a page based on my limited knowledge of the subject. Strategy is to improve with feedback.

So here is MY LANDING PAGE, would love to hear your feedback.

Next Steps:
Get traffic to my landing page. I also have a google AdWord campaign running, but I do not know what I am doing. Need to research more on how to select the right keywords.
Modify the landing page copy based on response.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
EDIT***********************************
Sorry, just read the last part of your post about keeping it up and modifying based on response, lol. And here I am talking about tunnel vision :( I'll leave my original post up just in case you find anything useful from it.

Great job on taking action quickly, but a few tips that I think would help your page out a lot.

-The page is straight to the point, which is good, but, I think you are going to want some more content on it. Don't focus too much on the event just yet, date the process first. Maybe some screenshots/caps of said software with captions.

-I do see the focus on the customer which is good and I do see value, but maybe expand more on why they need your software and not someone else's. Pick out key points from your software that makes you unique that would benefit the customer. Remember, look at it from their view: WIIFM (What's In It For Me). I don't know much about your software and I'm a total mathematical moron, and in that case, let's say someone stumbled upon the page, to me the lack of image/screenshots detail may not pull in a potential new customer.

-I know you mentioned you aren't seasoned in copywriting and wanted to get something up quick, no problem. Leave the page up while you develop a new, improved version. Just in case anyone does come across it and needs it now.

If you haven't checked out the threads (I'm sure you have already) @SinisterLex has some really good ones up.I had no idea what copywriting was (and I work in sales, how awful) but I got stuck on his threads, read them for hours. Full of great, informative content that anyone can benefit from, copywriter or not.
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...e-money-copywriting-in-15-days-or-less.59465/

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ith-no-degree-no-feedback-no-portfolio.58837/

That's just my quick feedback (taking a break from my own project right now). I'm sure some of the other guys will chime in. Keep it up man, your drive is killer, stay with that momentum but don't get tunnel vision.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cool Demon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 10, 2015
Thanks for your inputs.

-The page is straight to the point, which is good, but, I think you are going to want some more content on it. Don't focus too much on the event just yet, date the process first. Maybe some screenshots/caps of said software with captions.

I was thinking along the same lines. Split test the existing landing page with a more elaborate landing page and see the response.

Lots to do...:)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.