The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Late Starter - Need Advice

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
Does it help that every time I see your screen name I smile?
No, doesn't really help:p
But it's great to know that some guy overseas is happy because of my stupid choice.

Does it help you that everytime I see your avatar I crave spareribs and beer?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I'll give you an INSIDERS tip... actually, I haven't even mentioned this on the Inside. A few weeks ago I was having drinks with a guy who's earned hundreds of millions, and he told me a secret...

"The life extension industry is growing, and you can grow a multi-billion dollar business if you get in now. You don't even have to be that smart. You just have to be bring smart people together to make things happen."

Whether it's reverse aging, artificial intelligence, or even something as simple as 3d printing organs (I think someone's already doing this), there's a lot of room to make stuff happen really fast if you can think outside of the box and have the drive to make things happen.

By the way, he made his millions by starting a life extension company like 30 years ago. Seems like it's right up your alley considering you think you're old and all. Who knows, if you succeed you might buy us all a little more time. Peter Thiel, Elon Musk, & Google keep handing people millions for trying to solve life's biggest problems, yet there's very little competition. I'm just sayin...

Whatever you choose, start probing Google for answers. You have to be ready to find answers to your own questions, and then be ready to find answers to the questions that have to be answered before you get answers to your questions. Simply put, you've gotta find a way, and nobody else can tell you how to do it.

The one cool thing about entrepreneurship is that if you stick with it you have a whole bunch of people here who are willing to offer advice, help you pick yourself up when you fall, and who will actually understand how hard you had to kick life in the a$$ to succeed when you finally do.

:)

It's never too late to start.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
Man, anyone on this forum should thank god they found it. How can you not make money here? It's literally not possible. You have to do nothing, and never listen to anything to not walk away with something.
@justaguy , this is from a thread that enabled me to move out of my parents house and finance my own car, without a "job".
(BTW THANKS for being who you are @SinisterLex)
You can do it. DO IT

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
wow!!!!!!!!! it took you quite a while to finally make a decision in your life to change, well your pretty young still comparing to the like likes of the kfc founder who started in his sixties. i am really proud of you though that you want to make a change for you and your family, but i am not going to discourage you or anything i don't know you but i really want to see you successful but man i am going to tell you like it is i am not gonna hide anything.you got a rough road ahead man because when it comes to business man you are gonna go through alot of sleepness nights man you are going to have to sacrifice alot of your time which can affect your family and stuff like that. i have seen alot of these things happen all the time.

you are going to need to talk to your wife about your new route you are gonna take in life, and be mentally prepared for it. it seems to me like your really ambitious and i respect that and the bigger the goals man because you want to be rich and successful the bigger the sacrifice you of to make daily .there is no secret to success, there are nothing outthere esoteric about it and the ones that are willing to persevere through the hard times are going to make it.i believe in you man, i believe that you are gonna make it but the only thing i got to say is just be prepared, both you and your family mentally for the hardtimes and only the ones that are willing to persevere when the shit hits the fan will make it.Steve-Jobs-Team-Building-Quotes.jpg

justaguy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
May 21, 2015
Illinois
So I've been reading through a lot of posts, and as of now, my plan is to use the extra money I'm making with the bookkeeping side job to try hustling. I will then take the money I've made from hustling to pay off the land loan (since the interest rate at 10% is extremely high) and eventually invest in assets that provide passive income (maybe real estate but a lot of research before that point).

As I'm reading about hustling I've come up with a bunch of questions:
  • Is this a sustainable business? I'm assuming it is, but I'd like to hear other's opinions.
  • Is Craigslist the best place to concentrate my efforts?
  • Is it best to specialize in a specific niche (at least initially)?
  • Do most people form a LLC for this type of business?
  • Any idea on tax implications?
  • Do people normally meet buyers/sellers at their homes or at a specific location? I would prefer not having strangers coming to my house (family safety concerns).
  • Are there any ebooks (Amazon) or audible books that are good references on this (maybe they answer a lot of my questions?)? Any good specific forums or webpages?
As I said earlier, I am really learning a ton! Thanks for all the advice/criticism/encouragement!

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Nice work, now let's accelerate your timeline a little:

Step 1 - Too many questions above. You just have to do it. You will figure out the answers as you go.
Step 2 - Realize there are no shortcuts. Realize nobody is going to answer your questions unless you get stuck. Figure them out yourself.
Step 3 - Pick up something on your desk and list it on craigslist today.
Step 4 - Sell the item.
Step 5 - Take that money and buy something else off craigslist (that you can re-sell for more $)
Step 5 - Sell that item.

Come back when you have those steps completed and tell us what you learned.

Good luck and go get em'!

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Like @Get Right Said...too many questions but I think that's because you're still fearing failure. Like @MJ DeMarco told you earlier, focus on changing your mindset. You're going to fail. It is practically inevitable. So struggle, fail and get it out of the way. Get comfortable with the idea of failing, but try to work to avoid it by pivoting, adjusting, and moving. Just keep moving! Take that first step. Act. And get some momentum going that will force you to react as things change.

justaguy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
May 21, 2015
Illinois
Thanks. We have some old Beanie Babies that the kids no longer want that I am going to try and sell this weekend. I'll research what each one is going for on Ebay and then list on Craigslist. I will update how it goes.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Anyone who is a newbie sucks at what he's trying to do. Then he sucks less a month later. Then even less a year from then. Then he barely sucks, and gets to be called a master.

Another +1 for MJs previous comments:

This past week, I was fortunate enough to see Mark Cuban on stage at the iCONIC Conference in Chicago. Something he said really struck a chord with me.

Mark stated that one of the things he hears most often from entrepreneurs is that they can't get something done without his help. They need a connection of his, advice on how to do something, or some magical words of wisdom.

His paraphrased response: "Just get off your a$$ and figure it out." Essentially, he was saying that these entrepreneurs are just making excuses for not wanting to do what needs to get done, looking for a short cut, so to speak.

Bottom line: If have ambition and passion, the only thing between you and success is...you.

http://www.inc.com/dana-severson/the-only-thing-standing-between-you-and-success.html

Last edited:

justaguy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
May 21, 2015
Illinois
I figured I'd just post a brief update on my progress since my last post:

1. Listed the Beanie Babies on craigslist and ebay but have had no luck yet. I'm going to list a couple of other items laying around the house and maybe check out a couple of garage sales.

2. I've decided that the hustling route isn't for me. Instead I'm going to pursue the importing/reselling route. I am in the process of contacting Chinese suppliers on a number of items for quotation and I just placed my first order with one of them today.

Thanks again for all the great help!

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
CENTS is your solution!

Last edited by a moderator:

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
2. I've decided that the hustling route isn't for me.
It's not about the hustling, it's about learning how to sell/write copy/negotiate etc. If you don't develop those skills I doubt you will see any success in importing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.