The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Italy to Indonesia on the road of fastlane

iwantmyicecream

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 7, 2015
Hi everyone,

I' m a professional poker player from italy.

I never had nothing to do in my life with business...never sell anything,i used the web only for play and study poker,never import/export nothing for other country...i worked 2 years as a house builder, 4 years in the army and then 7 years as a poker player.

I played and studied poker for 7 years almost 10/12 hours for a day,but in the last period i had a big lack of motivation...also if i was earning enough to live and save a bit,i figure out that i was not enjoyng anymore my life...

so,while i was looking about some article that speak about motivation i found this forum....

THIS CHANGED MY LIFE!!

in 10 days i did:
-i read from 7am until midnite a lot of threads in this forum.
-i read TMF in 2 days...
-i found a niche
-i create my first website.
-i learned hmtl and css
-i tried to text 2 supplier on alibaba,but no one answer(i think that they understand that i m really newbie..lol)
-in a few hours i have a meeting with a lawyer to ask how to set up a company in indonesia(i live here almost 4 years)

i know that willl be really long road for me that i know 0 about business,but i 'm really confident that i can do it...and I WILL DO IT...

for now i would like only to say thank you to @biophase for the AMA thread(i learned really a lot from you) and @MJ DeMarco for create this amazing forum.....Thank you guys

p.s As u can see my english is really bad,so i will appreciate if u guys correct me when i wrong ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome, IMO, guys with a pro poker background do extremely well in business. Must be a strategy/competition thing.

Welcome aboard.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
Awesome, IMO, guys with a pro poker background do extremely well in business. Must be a strategy/competition thing.

This is evidently true. So coincidental... Just last night I read an article about a billionaire who is an avid poker player:

Billionaire Andrew Beal ..."in 2001 gambled against the world's top poker players at the Bellagio in Las Vegas in one of the highest-stakes poker games ever. A self-taught mathematics enthusiast, he developed the Beal Conjecture, a complex mathematical problem, and offered $1 million to anyone who could solve it. Mathematicians have been stumped for decades"

I started out reading about Warren Buffets obsession with numbers when he was young, which helped him excel at economics.

Beal started his own bank and was also fascinated with numbers, statistics, odds.

Interesting.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Just know if you set up a company in indonesia, you may need a foreign investment (for it to even be approved) and hire actual indonesian employees. I was looking at moving to indonesia, just quite a few loops to jump through for business, i'm sure your lawyer can help you out with it. 99% of the people i know who own million dollar companies and reside in indonesia have filed in their home countries and operate (semi-illegally) in indonesia. However once they get to that point they can just do it legally when enough cash is infused into the economy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...