The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Am I Just F%^cking Kidding Myself? Or is this value?

Basilius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 26, 2015
Czech Republic
You could make an actual website that people could login to instead of just a newsletter. Then they can specify their interest. Integrate a thumbs up or thumbs down so once they read an article they can give you feedback if they liked it or not. If you had an algorithm over time it would know what that person is looking for more and more.

I like this spin very much!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
This newsletter service really sounds best for the freemium, try before you buy, model.

If I subscribe risk-free and after two weeks I can't see my life going on without this information, I would pay.

That's how flipboard works, except instead of simply cancelling the account if you don't pay, they introduce ads. So you can still get it free and they still get paid.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
You could make an actual website that people could login to instead of just a newsletter. Then they can specify their interest. Integrate a thumbs up or thumbs down so once they read an article they can give you feedback if they liked it or not. If you had an algorithm over time it would know what that person is looking for more and more.

While that is an interesting idea it would be extremely difficult to actually figure out common themes amongst "liked" or "unliked" posts unless you kept things very simple (i.e. like this author/website, etc). Finding similarities between content is an extremely complex software problem.

OP - I think the "push" method would work best since this is geared to save people time. Same as MJ said, market needs to judge, good news is MVP here would be very low investment to see if you could get some interest. I also second the freemium model.

Not sure how you would find the initial users though? I guess you could post on forums/blogs related to niche but I doubt that will get you far. If you figure out a way to test the market I'd be interested to know how you got the word out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.