The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

poor mindset?

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
A lot of persons are poor not because they never had any parents, they never went to college or it’s the government you know all these B.S. excuses persons tend to find to build a valid argument to justify why they are poor. What seperates the rich from the poor is not those bugattis, large corporations,mansions and the so called luxury life. If you strip it down to it’s core of what seperates the rich from the poor it all comes down to mindset. If a millionaire or a billionaire loses everything today and start all over again he will make that back Donald trump is an example of that because when he was in crisis and billions in debt, he was so broke that even a homeless guy had more money than him and despite the critics though he came back up from the gutter and now he is a billionaire because he had the billionaire mindset.

If you guys look at most persons who won the lottery or athletes who was rich one year and 3 years down the road they are all broke if you look at it, it all comes down to mindset.these persons were not financially literate so what they do is spend all their money and create all these liablilities in their lives and not enough assets to give them any form of income and when you look,”hey isn’t that jeff who was a millionaire 3 years ago ”.

So a lot persons tend to live this lifestyle and when you look at it, it’s the persons making the money like bill gates,warren buffet and all these billionaires they tend to blame to say,”oh the wealth gap is too large between the rich and the poor, they are mean with they’re money, these greedy rich savages etc”.they build all these clichés to find excuses and someone to blame on and to my point of view they deserve their wealth because they were the ones working when we were sleeping, eating,playing,watching television and they sacrifice a large portion of they’re lives to achieve that and they can’t work hard for nothing right,they deserve they’re reward.

So what I want to say is that a lot of persons are poor not because of their situations in life it’s all about their mindset.we all have 24 hours a day both the rich and the poor and it’s what we do with it each and every day is what counts because yesterday will never repeat again, bill gates can’t buy a minute from last year with all his wealth. Time is so powerful it is one of the most precious resource that money can’t buy and yet still we keep on waste it like we got a thousand years to live.don’t waste your life, keep strong ,fight toward your dream and never give up.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Lol.

No.

Look, there are people out there with great mindsets, in things OTHER than business, and you are saying its "fair" to ask them to focus their energy, their life towards business?

That is ludicrous and naive, because it assumes "business" is somehow special. F#ck no. Business is NOT special, its a run of the mill, average, plain Jane skill. And its mindsets are no more powerful than some people already have just in different things.

AND not only that, these billionaires, are not the deities you are making them out to be because you p#ss your pants when they speak at you.

They are naive, and blinded by "relief".

Because they never had the courage to BE poor, and BE fair.

You might think I'm talking BS, but the truth is, I am no hypocrite.
I LEARNT biz, even though it freaking insulted me to eat humble pie from guys with no more mindset mastery (just sufficiency in a different area).
Here's the juice.

Biz, is NOT fair, it is NOT smart, it is not all this butt sniffing cr#p.
Its often WEAK. Because it is WEAK to think only of yourself and claim you are about quality, rararar.

BS.

BUT, and there is a big big but here.
As a non business master, can anyone really understand what they are asking of billionaires when they expect better of them?
And would THEY themselves chew glass, and put their mouth over a gun.

No, they wouldn't.

Because everyone is afraid.
And they just wanna get rid of the fear...
And once its gone, they let everything else go.
And this is why hypocrasy exists. Not the rich, not the poor, but just general weakness of character.

We cannot force the poor, we cannot force the weak, for both are vile acts.
We must instead strive to be strong enough, to bear both sides.
To understand all people.
To not ask of any of them more than they can freely choose.

And because of this, it will always be down to an exceptional few to really help.
And this world rarely ever sees those people.

We should strive not to be rich.
We should strive only to be MORE than what we feel we MUST be.

See... when I got into business I wanted to say "you a##holes haven't figured this all out yet? Are you kidding me?", I wanted a punching bag to hit daily, out of my sheer anger at being DRAGGED into this world.

BUT, and there is a big but...
When push came to shove, I ATE more pain, for the good of people who were not me.
I spent more time on the ethics and the being patient stuff.
I GAVE more than I had to start with.
And even though bitter, I felt a small flicker of sweet.

Not because I could be rich, but even though I was angry, fearful, and not in control, I could give a little more. I could become a little more, and I could forgive a little more.

NO ONE can ask of you to pay the pain of true self worth.
But standing on the edge of two choices, if you have the courage to bear that struggle, to wear it for years and years, while you scrape and kick, just to survive, you can become a man that was just a bit more than he was before.

That one drop of sweet in an ocean of struggle, is enough to build a whole world of change.

We must remember to actually make a difference in lives, not play god at pretending we do.
We must not criticise those who do not choose to follow our rhetoric, we must not, deify the rich, we must look upon the world, and be even handed amidst the turmoil and unfairness.

Not play to some BS, in order to leech off the rich's choices, because we still dare not admit WE are afraid sh#tless and p#ssing our pants.

Listen...
That fear goes away.

The question is, when it does, what will you leave behind?
What will remain, when there is no fear left?
A numb, self righteous shill?
Or someone who sat with the struggle the darkness, and cared about more than just himself?

Our choices are made when we feel we have none.
And if you start cr#pping on about how the poor are weak, then I will outright call you a sh#thead and a hypocrite.

There are many people in the world with great mindsets, and they are not rich.
And before you say, "but if they applied it to money", don't.
Mindsets do not transfer like magic fairy dust, so don't be stupid.

IF you say the POOR have no understanding of mindset then 99% of the people in the world with amazing mindsets are totally forgotten in your discussion because they have no money.

How does that make you any better than a gold digger? If you dismiss the great mindsets all around us, because they are poor, your hypocrasy is absolute.

The "poor", is not a mindset, it is the lack of focusing on money, enough.
And that is NOT a bad choice to make.

:facepalm:

Lets not punch the poor.
How about we respect and encourage them, so they do not HATE us hypocritical sh#ts, for daring to LIE so boldly to their faces.

The truth, is that mindset in only ONE area matters, and that accepting that is going to be hard if they are not already inclined.

We must be sensitive. We must care about people of character, rich or poor. Or our money, is just hypocrasy, not an insightful jewel from which good things come.

No man out there today, has flawless character.
And this cr#p I hear about worship this an worship that is :totalbs:

No.
Business is necessary.
Lets make no mistake.
And the challenge is, we must not go at it like it is.

We must go at it as if we are as free as a bird.
We must face the fear as if it is not just for the dough.
And we must hope we have the patience through struggle to be more than we were before.

Then we must find a way to care MORE about the poor.
Never less.

Humanity needs us to give a darn.
We can't carry them, we can't fix the holes in their pockets, but we can handle ourselves better.
And not fall to this sleight of hand speech.

Money isn't fair. Its paper.
And until you no longer fear it, you are burdened with painful decisions.
But important ones.

And you need to avoid being an a##hole to the poor like its the Bubonic plague.

No offence to you personally of course, its just my honest opinion.
And if we can't be honest than why they heck are we here?

Last edited:

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
Lol.

No.

Look, there are people out there with great mindsets, in things OTHER than business, and you are saying its "fair" to ask them to focus their energy, their life towards business?

That is ludicrous and naive, because it assumes "business" is somehow special. F#ck no. Business is NOT special, its a run of the mill, average, plain Jane skill. And its mindsets are no more powerful than some people already have just in different things.

AND not only that, these billionaires, are not the deities you are making them out to be because you p#ss your pants when they speak at you.

They are naive, and blinded by "relief".

Because they never had the courage to BE poor, and BE fair.

You might think I'm talking BS, but the truth is, I am no hypocrite.
I LEARNT biz, even though it freaking insulted me to eat humble pie from guys with no more mindset mastery (just sufficiency in a different area).
Here's the juice.

Biz, is NOT fair, it is NOT smart, it is not all this butt sniffing cr#p.
Its often WEAK. Because it is WEAK to think only of yourself and claim you are about quality, rararar.

BS.

BUT, and there is a big big but here.
As a non business master, can anyone really understand what they are asking of billionaires when they expect better of them?
And would THEY themselves chew glass, and put their mouth over a gun.

No, they wouldn't.

Because everyone is afraid.
And they just wanna get rid of the fear...
And once its gone, they let everything else go.
And this is why hypocrasy exists. Not the rich, not the poor, but just general weakness of character.

We cannot force the poor, we cannot force the weak, for both are vile acts.
We must instead strive to be strong enough, to bear both sides.
To understand all people.
To not ask of any of them more than they can freely choose.

And because of this, it will always be down to an exceptional few to really help.
And this world rarely ever sees those people.

We should strive not to be rich.
We should strive only to be MORE than what we feel we MUST be.

See... when I got into business I wanted to say "you a##holes haven't figured this all out yet? Are you kidding me?", I wanted a punching bag to hit daily, out of my sheer anger at being DRAGGED into this world.

BUT, and there is a big but...
When push came to shove, I ATE more pain, for the good of people who were not me.
I spent more time on the ethics and the being patient stuff.
I GAVE more than I had to start with.
And even though bitter, I felt a small flicker of sweet.

Not because I could be rich, but even though I was angry, fearful, and not in control, I could give a little more. I could become a little more, and I could forgive a little more.

NO ONE can ask of you to pay the pain of true self worth.
But standing on the edge of two choices, if you have the courage to bear that struggle, to wear it for years and years, while you scrape and kick, just to survive, you can become a man that was just a bit more than he was before.

That one drop of sweet in an ocean of struggle, is enough to build a whole world of change.

We must remember to actually make a difference in lives, not play god at pretending we do.
We must not criticise those who do not choose to follow our rhetoric, we must not, deify the rich, we must look upon the world, and be even handed amidst the turmoil and unfairness.

Not play to some BS, in order to leech off the rich's choices, because we still dare not admit WE are afraid sh#tless and p#ssing our pants.

Listen...
That fear goes away.

The question is, when it does, what will you leave behind?
What will remain, when there is no fear left?
A numb, self righteous shill?
Or someone who sat with the struggle the darkness, and cared about more than just himself?

Our choices are made when we feel we have none.
And if you start cr#pping on about how the poor are weak, then I will outright call you a sh#thead and a hypocrite.

There are many people in the world with great mindsets, and they are not rich.
And before you say, "but if they applied it to money", don't.
Mindsets do not transfer like magic fairy dust, so don't be stupid.

IF you say the POOR have no understanding of mindset then 99% of the people in the world with amazing mindsets are totally forgotten in your discussion because they have no money.

How does that make you any better than a gold digger? If you dismiss the great mindsets all around us, because they are poor, your hypocrasy is absolute.

The "poor", is not a mindset, it is the lack of focusing on money, enough.
And that is NOT a bad choice to make.

:facepalm:

Lets not punch the poor.
How about we respect and encourage them, so they do not HATE us hypocritical sh#ts, for daring to LIE so boldly to their faces.

The truth, is that mindset in only ONE area matters, and that accepting that is going to be hard if they are not already inclined.

We must be sensitive. We must care about people of character, rich or poor. Or our money, is just hypocrasy, not an insightful jewel from which good things come.

No man out there today, has flawless character.
And this cr#p I hear about worship this an worship that is :totalbs:

No.
Business is necessary.
Lets make no mistake.
And the challenge is, we must not go at it like it is.

We must go at it as if we are as free as a bird.
We must face the fear as if it is not just for the dough.
And we must hope we have the patience through struggle to be more than we were before.

Then we must find a way to care MORE about the poor.
Never less.

Humanity needs us to give a darn.
We can't carry them, we can't fix the holes in their pockets, but we can handle ourselves better.
And not fall to this sleight of hand speech.

Money isn't fair. Its paper.
And until you no longer fear it, you are burdened with painful decisions.
But important ones.

And you need to avoid being an a##hole to the poor like its the Bubonic plague.

No offence to you personally of course, its just my honest opinion.
And if we can't be honest than why they heck are we here?

i respect that,but when it comes to money my friend the main thing that drives most persons is fear and greed. the fear of being broke and the greed of having alot so that it's merely impossible for that person to be broke and that's what destroys most persons. their is a difference between being poor and being broke because you can be broke today and rich tomorrow, but when you're poor it's more like a temporary situation until a individual want to change his/her situation but most persons feel like it's permanent that's why they give up and say,"i'll never buy that or i'll never live that lifestyle", so they just want to stay small and safe watching television,taking drugs for the instant gratification you know what i mean all these short term goals.i don't have nothing against being poor if a person is poor and they like that lifestyle kudos to them, everybody is different, different race,different lifestyle and yet again different mindset that's why life is amazing.but what i have a problem with is that when these guys who are poor saying money isn't everything and all that and yet still we still see them working in walmart and mc donalds working hard for what yeah you know right "money".

Last edited:

Autarkeia

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Aug 4, 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
I swear to god these circlejerk type of posts are killing this forum. I feel like I just read one of those 2am intoxicated pep-talks about a breakup..

@obrian What are you tying to accomplish? Are you trying to help the readers of this forum? If so, please start by putting some effort into your writing skills. Yes, the world is your oyster and such. Yes, it's exciting when you first realize that. However, all the positive thought in the world wont make that post easier to read.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If so, please start by putting some effort into your writing skills.

Many people here have English as as second language. And based on the OP's IP address, I think that might be the case.

Bad grammar, poor writing, etc use to peeve me as well until I faced the fact that this is an international community where about 15% of the users are not American and have their native language something else.

Nonetheless, I don't consider a thread with 1 response a circle jerk-- quite the contrary, no one has given it grease. For a circle-jerk to ensue, a circle must form.

Autarkeia

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Aug 4, 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
Okay. My apologies for being so critical about the grammar if English isn't @obrian 's primary language.

And i guess circlejerk wasn't the best term for what i was trying to say. Forget it.

Everybody is at a different stage in their journey to freedom. The beginning consists of a lot of excitement and naivety and who am i to stifle that?

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
Okay. My apologies for being so critical about the grammar if English isn't @obrian 's primary language.

And i guess circlejerk wasn't the best term for what i was trying to say. Forget it.

Everybody is at a different stage in their journey to freedom. The beginning consists of a lot of excitement and naivety and who am i to stifle that?
download.jpg

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
their is a difference between being poor and being broke because you can be broke today and rich tomorrow, but when you're poor it's more like a temporary situation until a individual want to change his/her situation but most persons feel like it's permanent that's why they give up and say,"i'll never buy that or i'll never live that lifestyle", so they just want to stay small and safe watching television,taking drugs for the instant gratification you know what i mean all these short term goals.i don't have nothing against being poor if a person is poor and they like that lifestyle kudos to them, everybody is different, different race,different lifestyle and yet again different mindset that's why life is amazing.but what i have a problem with is that when these guys who are poor saying money isn't everything and all that and yet still we still see them working in walmart and mc donalds working hard for what yeah you know right "money".

Touche'
There is a difference between broke and poor.
I'll give that some thought.
Just is important we don't confuse the two... Obviously.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
Touche'
There is a difference between broke and poor.
I'll give that some thought.
Just is important we don't confuse the two... Obviously.
lol i am glad you understand me now maybe i never structure the post right or something but anyways alot of persons are so brainwashed they don't even know what's going on lol

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
anyways alot of persons are so brainwashed they don't even know what's going on lol

(grinds teeth)
Now THAT is a tenuous statement...

You are of course I assume talking SOLEY about those who "choose" to suppress themselves (and others), over the long haul.

Certainly there is some weird psychological crab in a bucket stuff going on there.

However, often such a position is painful to escape, and there are plenty of cases where it is NOT black and white.

I urge patience, and wisdom, over catagorisation and gloating.

We who are quickly judged must be the slowest to judge, so that we don't get too bold and become the very thing we are against.

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
“How many sit-ups can you do?”

I don’t count my sit-ups. I only start counting when it
starts hurting. When I feel pain, that’s when I start counting, because that’s
when it really counts.

- Muhammad Ali
---------------------------------------------------------------

Picasso was walking though the market one day when a woman spotted and
pulled out a piece of paper and said,
“Mr. Picasso, I am a fan of your work. Please, could you do a little drawing for me?”

Picasso smiled and quickly drew a small, but beautiful piece of art on the paper.
Then, he handed the paper back to her saying,
That will be one million dollars.

“But Mr. Picasso,” the woman said.
“It only took you thirty seconds to draw this little masterpiece.”

“My good woman,” Picasso said,
“It took me thirty years to learn to draw that masterpiece in thirty seconds.”

A Violinist performed a yet again brilliant concert.

After the show, a lady from the audience met him backstage.

She said,"That was amazing, I could give my life to play like you!"

He said,"Ma'am, I did!"

"I fear not the man who practiced 10,000 kicks, but I fear
the man who practiced one kick 10,000 times."

- Bruce Lee

Then you have the story of the two sons to the Pharaoh who
ought to build their own pyramid... aka the story in TMF

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that it takes both
hard work and smart work, this can by itself take you out
of a poor mindset

Last edited:

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
(grinds teeth)
Now THAT is a tenuous statement...

You are of course I assume talking SOLEY about those who "choose" to suppress themselves (and others), over the long haul.

Certainly there is some weird psychological crab in a bucket stuff going on there.

However, often such a position is painful to escape, and there are plenty of cases where it is NOT black and white.

I urge patience, and wisdom, over catagorisation and gloating.

We who are quickly judged must be the slowest to judge, so that we don't get too bold and become the very thing we are against.
lol i respect your statement alot man, that's so true

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.