The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your opinion on this USP?

Kshatriya

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 13, 2014
Where am I?
I sell at my shop some luscious, spicy snacks, pickles, and raw spices.

I've got USP's.
1. "We make your tongue dance."
2. "Reason to love your meal"
3. "Add spice and taste to life"
4. "Enriches every meal"

Please share your opinion. Feel free to share any creative USP, if you come up with one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
A USP should be something that brings custom to you over the competition. The proposition "We make your tongue dance" doesn't really do it for me, but then again, im not too big on super spicy foods.

A USP should be the nail in the coffin in the mind of the customer. For example, im about to order pizza. There's 5 companies to choose from- but wait! One company offers a full refund if my pizza isn't delivered in 30mins (USP). I will buy from them because all these other companies offer nothing of the sort!

Give your customer a unique reason to buy your product. Without this you are the same as thousands of others and the odds are stacked against you.

Kshatriya

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 13, 2014
Where am I?
Give your customer a unique reason to buy your product. Without this you are the same as thousands of others and the odds are stacked against you.

You are right. It's better to be generic, unless our audience are polarised.

I just added 3 more USPs. Please take a look at it and share your opinion.

valuecreator

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Apr 16, 2015
Australia
Like PureA said, these are taglines, not USP's...

example of an USP: "We use a special drying process born 300 years ago on a little island off the coast of Sicily."

"The best spices you ever had, or 110% money back. Seriously."

Or you could be the only Midget on the internet selling spices.

In other words, why should I buy from you and not the other guy?

You see the point.

ps. 1st post! Glad to be here, love the scene.

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Kshatriya

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 13, 2014
Where am I?
Alright. I thought tagline and USP are same.

I gave a lot of thought about it, and felt like I need some help in finding a USP.

Here are some facts about our business:
1. We never compromise the quality, while the competitors even sell the poor quality materials for lower prices.
2. Our shop looks old, while the competitors look far better, though not modern.
3. Customers call us to place orders to get the products again, while the competitors don't even expect these.
4. If we don't get the products that meet our quality standards, we say to our customers that we don't have it at this moment, and we offer to deliver it by courier without extra courier charges. Nobody else does it here.
5. If you consider the repeat orders to visitors ratio, our business will be on top of the rest; others being not even close to our level.
6. On a coarse estimation, based on the total pamphlets we printed and the way we hand it over to the visitors, we have over 1,00,000 customers visited in the last 26 years - with over 17,000 orders for remote delivery.

With reference to the link you provided, I have a question: Suppose I make a unique offer to our customer. Considering the example given in the link,
  • What can you guarantee me that no one else can guarantee?
  • "We are the only car dealership in the tri-state area with a five-year, 50,000 mile warranty."
What if a competitor begins to offer "five-year, 50,000 mile warranty" once we publish the USP?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
With reference to the link you provided, I have a question: Suppose I make a unique offer to our customer. Considering the example given in the link,
  • What can you guarantee me that no one else can guarantee?
  • "We are the only car dealership in the tri-state area with a five-year, 50,000 mile warranty."
What if a competitor begins to offer "five-year, 50,000 mile warranty" once we publish the USP?

"Differentiation is one of the most important strategic and tactical activities in which companies must constantly engage." - Theodore Levitt

There are many ways to develop your USP. One of THE best books (ebook) on the subject is by William (Bill) Bodri. Titled "How to Create a Million Dollar Unique Selling Proposition". It's $27 and worth much, much more than that.

EDIT: It's now available on amazon.com in paperback for $24.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
"We are the only car dealership in the tri-state area with a five-year, 50,000 mile warranty."

We have the longest track record of a "five-year, 50,000 mile warranty"

Kshatriya

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 13, 2014
Where am I?
We have the longest track record of a "five-year, 50,000 mile warranty"
Well stated.

I was thinking about using the word "oldest", but felt that old doesn't sound attractive to most people. And it doesn't show any benefits to the target audiences either.

"Differentiation is one of the most important strategic and tactical activities in which companies must constantly engage." - Theodore Levitt

There are many ways to develop your USP. One of THE best books (ebook) on the subject is by William (Bill) Bodri. Titled "How to Create a Million Dollar Unique Selling Proposition". It's $27 and worth much, much more than that.

Thank you. I'll check it out.

Availability of the book free of charge makes it affordable. I'll go through it. Thank you.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali

Arrived today as per your recommendation, looking forward to it.
qsl8xk.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.