The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Right Now vs. Long Term

Anything related to matters of the mind

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
Lately I've been working on smaller things to make money 'right now' to pay bills, versus working on my Fastlane business because it's 'long-term', meaning I know the payoff is not immediate and I have to have an income right now.

But then I feel unproductive for not spending more time working on my fastlane idea. Does anyone else struggle with that? I feel like I have to split my time in half on each so I'm not getting very far on either. Is that normal? :confused:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Lol yes thats normal. Anyone with a JOB has to do that.

You have to do work to make money right now to pay the bills and eat.

Go to work for 9 hours so you can live. Spent the rent of your time on your fastlane venture.

Really no other way to do it.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
that's normal the great zig ziglar said that you must work full time on your job and part time on your fortune then when your fortune develops which can be a business or any endeavour you wish to pursue you must go full time on it just make sure that you are focus on your main goal because it doesn't matter where you start from whether at a job or from the gutter as long you meet your destination and that's the greatness of life.everybody is self made and it's only the few who find out about that philosophy from earl nightingale make it because whereever we are in life we choose to be there, life is all about choices and every choice we make have an effect on us the law of action and reaction and that's why alot of persons are broke or so called unsuccessful in the eyes of society, you know so just work toward your dream and don't give up.

10404210_1592475600976069_8987432500362999556_n.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
You can turn this into your advantage.

Since your free time is limited for each day, you ARE FORCED use it wisely: no TV, no idle time, just work.

Your work time must also be productive; instead of spending hours reading a book on sales, you go out there and actually sell your product/service. That's a "power move" - an action that gets you closest to your goal in the shortest amount of time.

Focusing on power moves will allow you to get shit done regardless of how much free time you have available. Lack of time is actually lack of priorities. -Tim Ferris

Jean-Pierre

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 18, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I was going through the same thing. You want to work on your fastlane idea but bills have to be paid. My suggestion would be to continue on your smaller/quick win ideas but choose the ones you can scale or automate in the future. Once you get some traction and automate the process you'll have time for your fastlane business. This does take longer but it's a less 'risky' way of doing it. There's more than one way to reach your goals.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.