The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Struggling with ADHD? Triple Your Productivity in 30 Days!

Anything related to matters of the mind

tminch55

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jun 24, 2014
Vig, no problem! I love discussing the theories of ADHD as well. I will shoot you a PM with some of my thoughts if you don't mind.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sowexly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Nov 7, 2013
I still deal with being moody when mine wears off. The medication gives your brain something it is lacking. When it wears off, you are back to the world of ADHD. In my opinion, any ADHD med will do this. I try to curb it by drinking a caffeinated beverage shortly after it wears off. It slows down the transition. Am I making any sense?
Yeah get what you're saying I agree that having a post comedown stimulant helps too I'm just not a big fan of caffeine (messy energy)

I think most entrepreneurs are prone to hypertension, hyper activity, and lack of focus at times. However, I know your thread was not created to discuss the theories of ADHD, so I will fade back to the shadows.

I have a kid that certainly would benefit the classroom were we to give her downers. However, that's never gonna happen on my watch. :)
Wait you're saying she's already active as hell and could use a chill pill?
I've tried to wrap my head around giving hyperactive people a stimulant to fix being jacked already... Maybe it helps our body and mind connection.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Vig, no problem! I love discussing the theories of ADHD as well. I will shoot you a PM with some of my thoughts if you don't mind.

Not that interested in the topic but will check into this thread from time to time.

Ron Dee

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Dec 22, 2014
Minnesota
Scientific evidence supports that it is a real condition. Completely unrelated Drs can smell a drug seeker a mile away. If you specifically ask for it that is a huge red flag.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Thanks for this AMA and great advice.

Question - where I live, those powerful meds are not available, so what would you say is the next best thing to help with focus?

At times I really do hyper-focus on one thing and keep going until it's done. At such times I'm no more hungry, thirsty, tired or anything, even if I feel these things they're irrelevant.

What somewhat increases my focus is working in the late night until the early morning, but it's not always practical.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Thanks for this AMA and great advice.

Question - where I live, those powerful meds are not available, so what would you say is the next best thing to help with focus?

At times I really do hyper-focus on one thing and keep going until it's done. At such times I'm no more hungry, thirsty, tired or anything, even if I feel these things they're irrelevant.

What somewhat increases my focus is working in the late night until the early morning, but it's not always practical.
Just drink caffeine.

M&A

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jan 13, 2015
Paris
I am pretty sure I have some level of ADHD

Its as if my brain lights up when I am doing something that really interests me like being in the gym, watching a real interesting movie/TV show. Books not as much because the visual stim just isn't there.

If I am not interested in something I am literally in my own world. In high school I daydreamed the majority of my classes but the day before an exam I would become hyper focused due to pressure and stay up all night and do an entire years worth of notes in 8 hours.

I can work on something I'm interested in for hours on end but walking 30 seconds to get the mail feels like a huge mental task.

I always need some form of stimulation, music is always playing if I am alone, no matter what I am doing. Cooking, working, cleaning, reading, walking.

I find it hard to sit still and I am always fidgeting something, like biting my lips.

I looked at the prescription guidelines for ADHD in my country and they don't prescribe anything to adults, only children under 12 ?
Which seems very odd.

My brain feels exhausted at the end of the day, just thinking about one million different things.

How I would describe this to a doctor without coming off as some young guy looking for legal meth ?

Ikke

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 20, 2012
Netherlands
This isn't my full answer, but I have a question for you.... If someone hit the reset button in your life and you had no money, no clothes and a bicycle... What would you do to make an income? (You still have your mind).
I have been thinking about this on and off for quite some time as you might notice due to my late reply.

If the reset button was pushed and I was dropped in a random city with nothing at all. I suspect survival mode would engage and i would probably seek anything, probably a job, that would supply me with the basic needs of life. After that I would probably start seeking alternative ways to make a living. Pretty much as I'm doing right now. However with the limited start up capital I would probably seek more towards a low capital business system with a non physical product instead of what I am doing now. I think I would also steer towards a small/simple product that could be sold thousands or million times over and thus focusing more on scale.

However I'm doubting this approach unleashes the full potential of what I can do. Now please if you could tell us your approach I would much appreciate it.

On another note though related to this topic. Together with my girlfriend we have made a to do list for the business and a weekly schedule to try and create more focus and structure. I think the to do list especially will help me with focussing on one thing at the time and the weekly schedule will hopefully help me to stop neglecting other import thing in life. I started with this since today and the future will tell if it was effective.

HotRocket

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 14, 2016
I am pretty sure I have some level of ADHD

Its as if my brain lights up when I am doing something that really interests me like being in the gym, watching a real interesting movie/TV show. Books not as much because the visual stim just isn't there.

If I am not interested in something I am literally in my own world. In high school I daydreamed the majority of my classes but the day before an exam I would become hyper focused due to pressure and stay up all night and do an entire years worth of notes in 8 hours.

I can work on something I'm interested in for hours on end but walking 30 seconds to get the mail feels like a huge mental task.

I always need some form of stimulation, music is always playing if I am alone, no matter what I am doing. Cooking, working, cleaning, reading, walking.

I find it hard to sit still and I am always fidgeting something, like biting my lips.

I looked at the prescription guidelines for ADHD in my country and they don't prescribe anything to adults, only children under 12 ?
Which seems very odd.

My brain feels exhausted at the end of the day, just thinking about one million different things.

How I would describe this to a doctor without coming off as some young guy looking for legal meth ?

Don't do it... Learn to deal with it yourself or focus on those areas of your life that really interest you. Medication is not sustainable and is just hurting you in the long run. Think about where your level of current "ADHD" will be after a few years of medication. I have a very good friend that has been on medication for 15+ years Adderal, Vyvanse, and Ritalin and the long term use has become very visable. He has absolutely no attention span, completely lost his natural pleasure/reward systems, has many twerks to him (constant grunts/sniffs is the most noticabe). Medications are really not the option. Please dig deep into natural herbs, spices, diet, meditation, yoga if you want to find the real answers. I wish everyone the best on their journey and have a great day :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.