The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Slow lane thinking taught in Schools

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Ben_Weider

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Mar 3, 2015
I didn't know if I should put this in fast lane or slow lane so I picked the better of the two :rockon:

-I am a 15 year old high school student
-One of my classes is AP Government (we have been talking about economics lately)

The discussion that our teacher prompted us with was

"Do you think that any poor person is able to reach the upper class?"
Right away people started saying things like

"No, the poor aren't given opportunities to succeed!"

"No matter how hard they work they won't become rich!"

"The rich people should give them better jobs!"

Let's just say that after hearing at least a dozen slow lane excuses I about lost it.

Preaching the fast lane I said that anybody could become successful

They were very distraught and even my teacher didn't agree with me, but after telling them my supporting arguments "The key points of the fast lane" I could tell I won some of them over

HOWEVER

There will always be people who won't believe you and THATS GREAT because the world needs employees!

AND I'M JUST GLAD I'M NOT ONE OF THEM!:tiphat:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is this the US or Canada?

CJC3392

Banned
Jan 8, 2015
That's awesome that you realized what you did at such as young age, you have a huge advantage over your fellow classmates :)

I went through a similar situation while attending a liberal arts college (lol)...

We were forced to take philosophy classes, and the preaching was the same in all of them, "strong should carry the weak" "rich should help the poor," "society over man," etc. I brought up some Ayn Rand views and individualist points and people looked at me like I had 10-heads. Atlas Shrugged is sadly becoming reality.

It's crazy how brainwashed society becomes through years of "education."

I compare it to religious fanatics brainwashing their kids from a young age. The same theory applies.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I will NEVER forgive and forget how the "system" tried their best to brainwash me into becoming a slave for dam near 17 years of formal education... I will never get that time back... all i have left is my stubborn will and blind determination to escape this mundane life made just for me...

Charmander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 20, 2015
Slovakia
"system" tried their best to brainwash me into becoming a slave for dam near 17 years of formal education
Study until 18/20/25, so you can die at 50? (real life expectancy)
So basically a person should be studying for about half of their life?

BTW: I didn´t learn ANYTHING the last 3-4 years in school. And I mean nothing.
Worst of all - teachers are often teaching total rubbish, because they even do not really know, what they are talking about.

For example - 2 days ago I talked with a teacher in an exam - saying something about a what a book was about. I told how it was, and the moronic teacher insisted otherwise. So she gave me a bad grade.
What I was saying was obviously correct(I checked it on my phone after that), but didn´t want to figh with the teacher (I just gave up...)

Sadly: we waste all the time there, everyone is quiet on the lessons, and teacher only complains half the time that her collegue should bring her her coffee.
Then they expect us to STUDY AT HOME, by using our OWN technology, and they will then compain that we left out some important stuff, when we have an exam...

Yet when we try to study (read: do something else than stare into the ceiling), for example on the phone, they take that (phone)and act offended.

Seriously, sitting 8 hours on a freaking chair for 5 days a week is just insane in my opinion.
What is school good for then? It sucks all life out of all who enter it.

If that is what is viewed as a "good life", then I would rather be broke for the rest of my life, but live it, instead of being chained to that f***** chair all the time.

1361843106_080210_ball.jpg

And if you (your kids) try to escape, you can bet your a$$ that the police will show up, and put them back in no time.
Stupid society, there is no hope it will change.

Last edited:

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
If you want to reach true success in life, do the exact opposite 99% of people do.

Very few understand the fastlane,and honestly that isn't a bad thing. Each one is one less competitor.

Most would rather just live "comfortably".

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
I kind of left school in grade 8, I attended a few days of grade 9.

I have to say, I hated it. And if there's anything I could change. I Think I would choose to leave earlier..

All you need is your basic math and English along with a mindset. If you don't have the mindset to finish what you start, then you're better off staying in school.

Hell, I'm proud to be a drop-out because I don't understand how reading a book about a boy playing football and writing about it will help make me rich.

School is only here to train employee's; In-fact, they have much in common.

Job and school both have the same 9 - 5 time frame.
Both have a few short breaks
Both have a similar structure on how you have to do follow specific tasks in a specific way.
I could continue..

Oh, school also cuts off visionary mindsets.

So you decide to think differently, or create new ideas. Generally you will get told off for it because you aren't doing it "their way".

I'm glad I got to sit home all day and play games and actually enjoy my teen years, but now I'm 21 and it's time to be serious.

I'm averaging about 60k Gross income. I'm on my second year of the entrepreneur career and compared to last year, I'm doing great!.

Screw school, screw the formal education bullshit. It's good for some people, all education is great!. But formal education sucks due to the way it's taught.

Just my thoughts :)

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
as they usually say school education only get you by and make you live one pay check away from broke,while self education makes you a fortune and it's really true.even the great napoleon hill states this in his think and grow rich book that schools only teach you abstact learning and mess up your brain. if you look at most of these successful persons inlife they never went school for instance henry ford, persons used to say he was so illiterate and look what he did he went on to revolutionize the car industry and also the great thomas edison who invented the light bulb these guys were great.

don't get me wrong though school is good but to an extent because i think these teacher's are over teaching these kids and not giving them enough time to think because your mind is so powerful and most of us aren't using it. einstein said that imagination is limitless compare to knowledge and i believe him because imagination can never end but knowledge can go so far.it's all apart of the systems of society to keep the masses under control giving them the same exams and iq test.it reminds me of this imageOur_education_system.jpgt

do you see that this is our education system everybody doing the samething which doesn't give us any chance to express ourselves in anyay what so ever.but it is what it is though, i am glad you guys woke up and not being just another sheep of society.just follow your dreams and don't give up.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
No, the poor aren't given opportunities to succeed!

Probably because opportunity doesn't strike when you're watching 4 hours of television per day. Funny how these people never claim to have opportunity but they always have the opportunity to know what size Kim Kardashian's a$$ is at any given moment. "Poor" in this country means you can afford only the 90-channel basic cable TV package. Poverty means your iPhone is one generation behind. Poverty means Google doesn't exist, libraries don't exist, freedom to move is forbidden, and of course, everyone to blame for this lack of access are those evil rich people and their corporate oligarchs.

Payden

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Mar 4, 2014
Lawrence, KS
don't get me wrong though school is good but to an extent because i think these teacher's are over teaching these kids and not giving them enough time to think because your mind is so powerful and most of us aren't using it. einstein said that imagination is limitless compare to knowledge and i believe him because imagination can never end but knowledge can go so far.it's all apart of the systems of society to keep the masses under control giving them the same exams and iq test.
1896726_728962460477579_959372415_n.jpg

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
At my university, every student is required to take a 1 hour class designed to have students step out of their comfort zone, meet new people, etc. There's one such course about gaining employable skills, being a good employee and marketing yourself for jobs. No thanks.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I didn't know if I should put this in fast lane or slow lane so I picked the better of the two :rockon:

-I am a 15 year old high school student
-One of my classes is AP Government (we have been talking about economics lately)

The discussion that our teacher prompted us with was

"Do you think that any poor person is able to reach the upper class?"
Right away people started saying things like

"No, the poor aren't given opportunities to succeed!"

"No matter how hard they work they won't become rich!"

"The rich people should give them better jobs!"

Let's just say that after hearing at least a dozen slow lane excuses I about lost it.

Preaching the fast lane I said that anybody could become successful

They were very distraught and even my teacher didn't agree with me, but after telling them my supporting arguments "The key points of the fast lane" I could tell I won some of them over

HOWEVER

There will always be people who won't believe you and THATS GREAT because the world needs employees!

AND I'M JUST GLAD I'M NOT ONE OF THEM!:tiphat:

I will see you in the winners circle, kid... because you are going to get there some day.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Probably because opportunity doesn't strike when you're watching 4 hours of television per day. Funny how these people never claim to have opportunity but they always have the opportunity to know what size Kim Kardashian's a$$ is at any given moment. "Poor" in this country means you can afford only the 90-channel basic cable TV package. Poverty means your iPhone is one generation behind. Poverty means Google doesn't exist, libraries don't exist, freedom to move is forbidden, and of course, everyone to blame for this lack of access are those evil rich people and their corporate oligarchs.
Best post on this thread.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

I have to laugh because everyone I try talking to about your book, just doesn't say anything and stops talking to me period. They don't even comment. I guess that means they like being where they're at. :)

Cynthia Nataline

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 17, 2015
Indonesia
Wow this is so interesting. I'm not that lucky to have got that mindset like you at such young age. I'm in Indonesia, which is a really poor country with billions of debt to other countries. I thought broken school curriculum was only in here or maybe in other poor countries but unfortunately, this also happens in the US. Your friends and teacher should read more of this forum. :)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.