The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FREE Beginner Personal Training book! PFD or with Kindle till 5/1/15

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
Admin or whoever, feel free to delete this if its not appropriate.

I made a Book! (first one) and want to share it with everyone on here. I spent hours of my free time taking pics, typing it up, and editing notes into the pics ect.
I Love this forum there is seriously so much help there's no reason you can not change your life! its helping me changed my life, one of the reasons I made this book actually haha but like Owen cook, Elliot hulse, Tai Lopez and others say is to always give, "give an amount that is a lil uncomfortable"- Tai. And this is my opportunity to give, so here you guys go!

I referenced this stuff from my personal trainer courses, so its pretty much all the basics a trainer would give you WITHOUT having to pay a lot of money, I know some guys are stand offish on wanting to spend money on things that wont benefit them right away so try this for free and understand investing in yourself if the best thing you can do!

Anyways hopes this helps you walk the path, succumb to the process whatever it is and learn the basics. One luv. -Uly

Free PDF VERSION

Kindle VERSION

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
You mentioned free in the title, but following the link leads to an ebook you are charging for. I would either mention how to receive it free, or remove that from the title.

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
You mentioned free in the title, but following the link leads to an ebook you are charging for. I would either mention how to receive it free, or remove that from the title.
Let me look into it, sorry it's my first time putting something on Kindle and it said free when I posted it

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
I Made a PDF version you should be able to download! Thanks man for the heads up really appreciate it!

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
- Who do you see as your target audience? People who will open their wallets to pay for it? Not really clear on who the book is for.
- You named it "workout basics" but it's mostly just stretches and go deeper than "basics" for an average joe.
- You're all over the place, there's not routine to follow and no connection whatsoever between the 4 exercises in the end. Book seems like you got tired of making it and just ended it suddenly lol.

+ Good design & cover for an e-book.
+ Unique angle about people who sit in the office all day and have body imbalances because of it.
+ Stretches are great and are not talked about enough in the industry.

So I'm not really clear on what you're trying to do with it, but as an example check out Brandon Carter(my favorite fitness youtuber). He has a 99c book with around 500 reviews http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HMQS8TA/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20
It's just solid basics. In each section he describes some material and then links to a video on his youtube channel (therefore growing it https://www.youtube.com/user/HighLifeWorkout).

I'm assuming the book is his loss leader at 99c and he makes money on the back end (fat burner supplement he sells, t-shirts, youtube ads).

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
I skimmed through it and had a hard time consuming the content. Just on the first page alone, I had a couple of issues the turned me away.

- "I’ve been training and helping others train for some years now." - Why should I care? Results are what matters, you can be helping but what have you actually done.

- "I learned that not everyone really knows basics or how to use their body effectively and fluently, due to the fact that we are all raised different and live different lifestyles. " - This just doesn't sit right with me.

I feel like you may be better suited for videos, rather than writing. I would consider sending your book to an editor to proof and fix a lot of the things you may not have caught.

Hassen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 13, 2015
Downloaded, thanks for sharing & looks interesting, will read further & learn stuff from it at another time soon.

I actually love the stuff about stretches! It's just what I need atm & I'm not too informed about it, but maybe like another poster said it's not a topic covered enough in other similar materials? Maybe you could consider putting the focus on stretches & reorienting the ebook to get a more specific target audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
- Who do you see as your target audience? People who will open their wallets to pay for it? Not really clear on who the book is for.
- You named it "workout basics" but it's mostly just stretches and go deeper than "basics" for an average joe.
- You're all over the place, there's not routine to follow and no connection whatsoever between the 4 exercises in the end. Book seems like you got tired of making it and just ended it suddenly lol.

+ Unique angle about people who sit in the office all day and have body imbalances because of it.

So I'm not really clear on what you're trying to do with it, but as an example check out Brandon Carter(my favorite fitness youtuber). He has a 99c book with around 500 reviews http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HMQS8TA/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20
It's just solid basics. In each section he describes some material and then links to a video on his youtube channel (therefore growing it https://www.youtube.com/user/HighLifeWorkout).

I'm assuming the book is his loss leader at 99c and he makes money on the back end (fat burner supplement he sells, t-shirts, youtube ads).
Thanks for the input! I named it Workout Basics because those are the foundation, the "Basics" needed to learned first before getting into the actual Resistance training or sports type of training.

I was actually wondering if it would feel like it would be all over the place to an extent! But the book is really ment to follow just how it is, thats why I put the Phase 1 for Mobility and Stability, then move on the Phase 2 after that mobility and stability has been established.
At the end I kinda was lol ill have to go over the end again in the second version later on.

But what would you recommend doing to get these ideas across better? Thanks again for the input dude helps me kinda understand how to be able to explain things to people better. :)

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
I skimmed through it and had a hard time consuming the content. Just on the first page alone, I had a couple of issues the turned me away.

- "I’ve been training and helping others train for some years now." - Why should I care? Results are what matters, you can be helping but what have you actually done.

- "I learned that not everyone really knows basics or how to use their body effectively and fluently, due to the fact that we are all raised different and live different lifestyles. " - This just doesn't sit right with me.

I feel like you may be better suited for videos, rather than writing. I would consider sending your book to an editor to proof and fix a lot of the things you may not have caught.
First one I wanted to give myself some accreditation since people feel better about following someone that has experience in the field. Also It's Part of the "come up" to create followers I read in the book Primal Branding by Patrick Hanlon.

The second one is people do not like to blame themselves or take responsibility for stuff so i put that to kinda encourge them haha If i told them hey your life style gargled balls and your lazy af that's why you suck. probably wont go as well. But tell me why it doesnt sit right with you and ill look into how to word it differently.

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
Downloaded, thanks for sharing & looks interesting, will read further & learn stuff from it at another time soon.

I actually love the stuff about stretches! It's just what I need atm & I'm not too informed about it, but maybe like another poster said it's not a topic covered enough in other similar materials? Maybe you could consider putting the focus on stretches & reorienting the ebook to get a more specific target audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input man let me know what you think, be honest haha cuz im going to make a second version later on. :)

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015

Oh i forgot to say my target audience. I typed this up before i did the book. i named them lil billie lol

Lil Billie

Age- 16-25

Income- Parents- $10/hr

Wants/Needs- leadership, badass mf, fit, EQ, income increase, girls, wants to be like the ppl online fitness, be wanted, popular, confident,

Lifestyle- at home, own home, apartment, on social media a lot, 40hr work week, simi social, in wanting to change phase, workouts 3x a week or more, knows people but not considered a leader or super “popular”, Barley reads, attention span not to long,

Physical Attributes- out of shape to stage 3 fit (knows how to train but can learn more), mostly male, could be female,

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
First one I wanted to give myself some accreditation since people feel better about following someone that has experience in the field. Also It's Part of the "come up" to create followers I read in the book Primal Branding by Patrick Hanlon.

His first point wasn't that he doesn't know why you've written that. He's saying your accreditation is me-me-me and doesn't provide a benefit to the reader.

Who have you helped? How did it change their life?

Tell a story about Michael, the skinny freshman who, at 19 was still the only the virgin in his university. After training with you he now packs over 250 pounds of pure muscle mass and is considering getting a vasectomy to save money on his extortionate Durex bill. That's accreditation people care about.

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
His first point wasn't that he doesn't know why you've written that. He's saying your accreditation is me-me-me and doesn't provide a benefit to the reader.

Who have you helped? How did it change their life?

Tell a story about Michael, the skinny freshman who, at 19 was still the only the virgin in his university. After training with you he now packs over 250 pounds of pure muscle mass and is considering getting a vasectomy to save money on his extortionate Durex bill. That's accreditation people care about.
lmao!! thank you on the perfect example ill remember that for sure lol :)

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
LOT of misspelled words. Lot of cool stuff. No real direction or flow. A '10 step plan for the office chair bound' or two would have been nice....

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
The problem that people keep pointing out....

It's tough for humans to consume info if it's not structured via storytelling. Even if it's nonfiction, even if it's nonlinear, you need a story to frame your information in.
  • From couch potato to marathon runner in 6 months.
  • The 13 step plan for total body conversion.
  • From neckbeard to ladies man with crunches
However, Your book reads more like a textbook:
  • Two fitness phases to help you work out
You're just stating information. It has no relevance, you haven't framed it in our minds, there's no positioning.
This makes it difficult to consume.

You have great information, and great production value. It unfortunately doesn't translate to a great infoproduct.

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
Hmm so be more myself and intresting/relatable than just a text book of info.

Sweeeet! Ill for sure put all this stuff unto use thanks everyone for your input!

I'm gonna leave it free till Friday since so many people keep adding to the help appreciate it :)

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015

Im checking out that brandon carter guy good reference thanks :) gonna see how he does things since he's got so many people

AG356

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
599%
Apr 19, 2015
So much wisdom posted itt!
Goddamn, I have so much left to learn, brb continue reading books.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.