The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cheap Ghostwriters

Darko Jocic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 14, 2014
Serbia
So, I came across a guy who's making some $10,000 - $20,000 a month from kindle eBooks. He has a program about kindle publishing which he sells for approximately $60.

I'm considering buying the program. The guy states that he knows of some company in India which has ghostwriters that would write a small eBook for about $20, and that he's willing to share said info about this cheap company with people who buy his program(I know it could be just for marketing). I'm dirt poor at the moment so I'd have to wait a bit to actually buy the program.

I want to ask if somebody here knows of such a company, so I don't have to spend $60 bucks for it(assuming the info is legit). Thanks in advance :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Clenrock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Oct 14, 2014
Hi Darko,

I followed the course you are talking about. I only write all the books myself. In his course he talks about the site called epicwrite.com (first called Fweez). That he says that someone would write an ebook for only $20 is only used for the marketing of his course. I'm sure you can get an ebook for that amount of money, but then it's really low quality and really short. Most of the better ebooks will be written by ghostwriters for over $100.

If you don't have the money, try to publish ebooks on Kindle while writing them yourself. You can do this all for free. Of course you have to figure everything out by yourself, it'll take longer but it's still possible!

For more questions, I'll be happy to answer them ;)

-Clen

Darko Jocic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 14, 2014
Serbia
Hi Darko,

I followed the course you are talking about. I only write all the books myself. In his course he talks about the site called epicwrite.com (first called Fweez). That he says that someone would write an ebook for only $20 is only used for the marketing of his course. I'm sure you can get an ebook for that amount of money, but then it's really low quality and really short. Most of the better ebooks will be written by ghostwriters for over $100.

If you don't have the money, try to publish ebooks on Kindle while writing them yourself. You can do this all for free. Of course you have to figure everything out by yourself, it'll take longer but it's still possible!

-Clen
Thanks a Lot for pointing that out. You saved me awesomely. I'm kind of interested in publishing in general :D
Specifically, I'd like to know is it worth it. Basically, how much can be earned on average per book?

Clenrock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Oct 14, 2014
How much can be earned totally depends on the book, there are so much variables. It depends on the quality, the marketing etc. My worst books sell 1 book per month, and the best books over 100 copies.

The most important thing in any business, so also with this one is to find a profitable niche where you can solve a problem. That is what you will be paid for! Good luck!

Darko Jocic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 14, 2014
Serbia
How much can be earned totally depends on the book, there are so much variables. It depends on the quality, the marketing etc. My worst books sell 1 book per month, and the best books over 100 copies.

The most important thing in any business, so also with this one is to find a profitable niche where you can solve a problem. That is what you will be paid for! Good luck!
Thanks! I'm looking forward to publishing. I will have to reread a few books to refresh my knowledge.

I believe I have a nice thing going with a psychological literary nonsense concept. There have been far too few books that really make you think recently. I believe the book can fill that gap. By the way, should I use a pseudonym? Do you? :D

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Whatever your plan is, never go for cheap. I made this mistake when I first started and it's not worth it in the long run. Yeah, you'll make a quick buck but once the 1* reviews start coming in you realize that there are actual people giving you money, not just numbers on a chart.

Believe me when I say this if you put out high quality material you will get fans who will come back and back again.

Darko Jocic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 14, 2014
Serbia
Whatever your plan is, never go for cheap. I made this mistake when I first started and it's not worth it in the long run. Yeah, you'll make a quick buck but once the 1* reviews start coming in you realize that there are actual people giving you money, not just numbers on a chart.

Believe me when I say this if you put out high quality material you will get fans who will come back and back again.

Thanks for the tip! :)
It's just that at the moment I basically have no income at all. If I were to take up the task of writing a book it could take me a very long time, time which I fear could be better applied. I will write the book(s) in the future, guaranteed. Because the need is not met. But now the might not be ripe for such a venture.
By the way, what is your opinion on pseudonyms?

Darko Jocic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 14, 2014
Serbia

Thanks for the tip! :)
It's just that at the moment I basically have no income at all. If I were to take up the task of writing a book it could take me a very long time, time which I fear could be better applied. I will write the book(s) in the future, guaranteed. Because the need is not met. But now the might not be ripe for such a venture.

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
Holy Christ!

You are asking if you should buy a course on how to write kindle books, when you want to learn how to write kindle books, and you have at least 4 super-threads on how to write kindle books on this forum. By the way, I attached a Cheat Sheet on how to write kindle books.

knows of such a company

You know what you are? someone who looks at Kindle publishing and think "Hey, that is easy money, I should grab some of that"

The problem?

You look at the event, when it really is a process.

I'm not even going to apologize for being rude and brutally honest. You want something that is at the other end of a "long" process.

If you want to make money from kindle publishing (which is the ultimate goal of you taking said course) then start writing.

If your writing suck, write anyway.

Your goal is to GET $60:

1. Pick Romance & Erotica Niche
  2. Aim for 50,000 words (you just need a number)
  3. Write out the whole thing in 25 days (2000 words /day)
  4. Split it up in 5 short
  5. Ask a friend to proof-read
  6. Read them out-loud for yourself
  7. Edit them by yourself
  8. Hire someone on Fiverr to do 5 covers ($25) - be VERY picky
  9. Make sure the Quick Preview is top notch
  10. Publish them in sequence with some launch and promo campaign
  11. Bundle them and use all tools that comes with Amazon Kindle
  12. Use the rest of that $60 (35) to promote your book in various ways.
Watch how $60 roll in slowly, once you sell your first books you can use the money to produce more books and scale it up (perhaps even change niche to something more sustainable, less trendy).

If you want a better structure, look at the Cheat Sheet I've attached in this post, it's from Steve Scott.

Looking for something far better than that ***** (there is a 1% change I'm wrong though) $60 course? It is right under your nose:

Lastly, if the above outline, the several posts I linked to or the cheat sheet does not appeal to you - then move on to next shiny object, Kindle publishing is not for you. Does It Hut Bad Enough?

Attachments

• Kindle_Checklist.pdf
    159.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:

Clenrock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Oct 14, 2014
Gold post @rwiman , for everyone who wants to start publishing ebooks

Are you sure that that's a profitable niche?
I use another pseudonym for every other niche I get into. This way you can build a 'brand', which is what you want ;)

Darko Jocic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 14, 2014
Serbia
@rwiman Don't worry. It doesn't hurt. Getting useful information, resources AND having your actions pointed out to you from a different perspective is pure gold. Thanks :D Also, I see easy money in cheap shit books that can be dumped on amazon in truckloads. 200 shitty books with each making a $1.50 profit a month is $300 monthly. Consider that in my crappy country minimum wage is some $270/m.

@Clenrock I don't know. But, from my perspective the need is there. Too long has there been only brainless fiction. Compared to a book that makes people think, profit is not a priority. Thanks, I think I'll use pseudonyms too. It'd be weird for a children's books author to write erotica(for example) :)

BruceWayne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Feb 26, 2009
Wisconsin, USA
Also, I see easy money in cheap shit books that can be dumped on amazon in truckloads. 200 shitty books with each making a $1.50 profit a month is $300 monthly. Consider that in my crappy country minimum wage is some $270/m.

Dude, you're not getting it. No one wants to buy a "shitty book" (your words, not mine). Why sell them one? It's practically a scam. You know you are selling a near worthless product, but you don't present it as such because then you wouldn't get any sales. Seriously, think of the users/customers first.

Do what's best for them, not for you, necessarily. Do that and you will do very well in the end and not have to make stupid comparisons between $300/mo. from scammy ebooks and Serbia's $270 minimum wage.

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
Don't worry
I don't

It doesn't hurt
Not bad enough I guess...

Also, I see easy money in cheap shit books that can be dumped on amazon in truckloads. 200 shitty books with each making a $1.50 profit a month is $300 monthly. Consider that in my crappy country minimum wage is some $270/m.

I've written Two posts in this forum on how amazon will consolidate and actors like you will be left in the dirt afterwards. Sorry to say but that's the case, sooner or later.

Shape up your game. Don't go for the cheap money where there is none. "dumping truckloads".. my god...

I would actually like to see you do that, and go through with that plan. You may very well get $300/month but then what? when nobody buys from you on a recurring level ? Your chart will look like this:

Month 1: $10
Month 2: $30
Month 3: $50
Month 4: $120
Month 5: $170
Month 6: $210
Month 7: $290
Month 8: $140
Month 9: $80
Month 10: $5
Month 11: $0

And now I'm being fair. The reason? your amount sold will = to 1* reviews for being the "shitty" books they are.

Quit soiling a decent business model. Do it right and make something that you can scale, right now you have no clue on what you are getting into. If anyone can dump truckloads, everyone would. Trust me when I say that there are people with much more experience in this field than you have and they will make sure that whatever market share you will be able to claim through this method, will be gone before you know it.

Business is cutthroat, consider this your first throat.

And again, I'm putting my time down to write you this because I want to help you and help yourself. Then perhaps you can be the next progress thread on this forum going GOLD.

Last edited:

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
P.S
Consolidation on Amazon, will be like a Gator snapping it jaws, anyone on the way in or out will be crushed.

You either jump in, or you don't.

Darko Jocic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 14, 2014
Serbia
I don't

I've written Two posts in this forum on how amazon will consolidate and actors like you will be left in the dirt afterwards. Sorry to say but that's the case, sooner or later.

Shape up your game. Don't go for the cheap money where there is none. "dumping truckloads".. my god...

I would actually like to see you do that, and go through with that plan. You may very well get $300/month but then what? when nobody buys from you on a recurring level ? Your chart will look like this:

And now I'm being fair. The reason? your amount sold will = to 1* reviews for being the "shitty" books they are.

Quit soiling a decent business model. Do it right and make something that you can scale, right now you have no clue on what you are getting into. If anyone can dump truckloads, everyone would. Trust me when I say that there are people with much more experience in this field than you have and they will make sure that whatever market share you will be able to claim through this method, will be gone before you know it.

And again, I'm putting my time down to write you this because I want to help you and help yourself. Then perhaps you can be the next progress thread on this forum going GOLD.
I see. Alright, I get it. I'm an idiot for considering publishing shitty books. If I publish a book, it will be
I don't

I see. Alright, I get it. I'm an idiot for considering publishing shitty books. If I publish a book, it will be a good one.
It's just that I often get frustrated because the lack of money and focus. Stupid me. Thanks again. I WILL write a gold post.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Money chasers are amusing. Like watching a trainwreck, but knowing that no one will be physically hurt.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Do you think you'll bother editing your next book after you get it back from the Indian freelancer, or just push it out the door?
Huh? I'm guessing this is a joke? From reading TMF , it's pretty obvious it's not the product of an Indian freelancer.

Consolidation on Amazon, will be like a Gator snapping it jaws, anyone on the way in or out will be crushed.
I've written Two posts in this forum on how amazon will consolidate and actors like you will be left in the dirt afterwards.
I tried to search the forum on this, and couldn't find the related posts. (Embarrassingly, I've probably read the posts, but they've slipped my mind.) About "consolidation," do you guys mean that Amazon will develop some new algos or systems to weed out the "authors" who dump lots of low-quality books onto the site? If so, I could see this.

Damage Inc.

There's no return from 86
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
Huh? I'm guessing this is a joke? From reading TMF , it's pretty obvious it's not the product of an Indian freelancer.

Yes it was a joke, apparently a bad one.

Not that I'm very familiar with this space, but I feel like Amazon will have to do something to get rid of the junk. It sucks especially for buyers who are unsuspecting and not as savvy, and don't realize that anybody can throw anything up there. By the time a few 1 star reviews have rolled in people have already been cheated.

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
@ChickenHawk

I don't know if they will change their algo (I think they are tweaking it at times though) but it's a market thing.

Neither are you nor your post crazy. It make perfect sense to me. From my stand point Amazon, and online publishing is facing a consolidation in a near future.

--- Why do I think this?
Amazon and many other publishing platforms has long been around and provided a no-entry for aspiring indie writers who yearn for fame and virtue. But exactly as @Rawr mentions this is not something that can go on forever.

A consolidation means that big players capture larger portions of a market, or even the majority of the market to make it more difficult for smaller players to get in. Hence increasing the "no-entry." This will result in an increasing number of writers who will go out of business faster due to the fact that they do not produce good enough quality to sustain a proper business (they where riding the money train).

A consolidation happens if a market is saturated, however books, or scripts has been around for thousands of years and is unlikely to go away, ever. But poor quality has never been sustainable. If you think about it. Can you mention a famous book from the past that is absolutely crap or regurgitated bullshit? A pretty hard task to do. The majority of what is remembered through history is quality work. Not saying always positive, but quality in a sense that it was of high performance with the intentions it had.

• So, if you are an established business on Amazon or another publishing platform, you are probably looking at a solidification of your business. I.e. if you put in the time you might look at a more stable business for yourself in a near future.
  • If you know you publish poor content, perhaps this is the time to think about where you want to be in the future. If the market consolidates and the demand for volume disappears you might find yourself out of business.
This happens because of market trends and cycles between those that consolidated out of the market place and are moving on to the next opportunity. It will eventually be harder for new players to enter the market as the needs for entry will rise and those who already have market shares will solidify their positions and push away smaller players. As with any market.

--- The next big thing
When the market consolidates, a lot of actors on the market usually look for the next big thing. The next wild west. It does not mean it is a new hot idea. Just a way to look at a current market in a different way. ‘losers’ in the economic market swing over to a different channel.

There will be a lot of money to be made from online publishing in many years to come, even though it will experience a consolidation and a swing to other hotter markets from time to time (it goes in cycles). It will endure.

However, poor quality DOES NOT survive a market consolidation, or a downward cycle. When online publishing cycle down, poor quality will be filtered out at a rapid rate and it will crush those in for the quick buck.

There is a period where people are fighting for the opportunity on the new channel, which means opportunities open up on the old channel.

Need a real life example? Search for:
Lehman Brothers
Enron

--- Cost of Poor Quality
"Quality is never an accident, it is always the result of an intelligent effort"

A manufacturing company had annual sales of $250 million. Its quality department calculated the total cost of repair, rework, scrap, service calls, warranty claims and write-offs from obsolete finished goods. This aggregated cost, called Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ), amounted to 20% of their annual sales. A 20% COPQ implied that during one day of each five-day workweek, the entire company spent its time and effort making scrap, which represented a loss of approximately $ 100,000 per day.

Once a quality problem has been identified, the first step is to initiate an investigation and to properly identify the root cause of the problem. After the root cause has been identified, you create a Corrective Action. In this case it can mean to fire a poor writer, invest more money in better book covers etc.

By the way, you do have metrics in your business, yes?
--- Consolidation and the consumer
Consolidation, is something very good. In fact it's like washing your dirty hands to see them become clean and nice.

It is needed. It brings health to a market and the economy. Out with the crap and make way for new and fresh. The consumer is the biggest winner in long-term. Because those with good customer support and service, a health price level and good quality will stay and strengthen their positions. A customer can trust in their seller if it stick around through a consolidation because this means the business can survive "bad times."

--- Your business (should) be your future

--- How to best prepare for a consolidation

• Know your market. Who are the leaders, where do they play and how well?
  • Know your organization, strengths and weaknesses.
  • Be prepared to look for new market shares.
  • Know the customers in your category. What are their values? What are they asking for, and what are their emerging needs?
  • Can you offer supporting products to your existing ones?
  • What are the growth opportunities?
  • What are the costs/benefits?
These are just some bullets to illustrate. As you can tell this is pretty straight forward and common sense. Measure what you do, act upon it, be proactive and you'll be fine.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
So, I came across a guy who's making some $10,000 - $20,000 a month from kindle eBooks. He has a program about kindle publishing which he sells for approximately $60.

I'm considering buying the program. The guy states that he knows of some company in India which has ghostwriters that would write a small eBook for about $20, and that he's willing to share said info about this cheap company with people who buy his program(I know it could be just for marketing). I'm dirt poor at the moment so I'd have to wait a bit to actually buy the program.

I want to ask if somebody here knows of such a company, so I don't have to spend $60 bucks for it(assuming the info is legit). Thanks in advance :D

Your whole approach reeks quick buck internet marketing 2006. It's 2015 now. Good luck with that.

Darko Jocic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 14, 2014
Serbia
Your whole approach reeks quick buck internet marketing 2006. It's 2015 now. Good luck with that.
Other forum members have already pointed out how stupid I was to make this kind of post. You should have read what people wrote here.

By the way, I wouldn't know about quick buck internet marketing 2006. I wasn't really around(was too stupid) to know about internet marketing in general back then.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
Other forum members have already pointed out how stupid I was to make this kind of post. You should have read what people wrote here.

By the way, I wouldn't know about quick buck internet marketing 2006. I wasn't really around(was too stupid) to know about internet marketing in general back then.

No dude. Nobody said you're stupid. You're hear to learn. It's all good. Sometimes you're going to get a little tough love though. Just trying to point you in the right direction.

Ka.La_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 1, 2019
Hi Darko,

-Clen

I have some questions about writing Ebooks. How do you find writing material to write about some of the specific topics, like dating advice?

And is it legal to copy another relationship coaches advices in Youtube to write your own Ebook?

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I have some questions about writing Ebooks. How do you find writing material to write about some of the specific topics, like dating advice?

And is it legal to copy another relationship coaches advices in Youtube to write your own Ebook?

Before you dive deep into writing eBooks on the strength of this thread bear in mind the information within is almost 5 years old. A lot has happened in the Kindle eBook space since then. I would have a good read of these two threads by @ChickenHawk and @MTF before I took any action.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Oh and on those specific questions its simply research. Read books and blogs by experts in the field. Watch video's, go to seminars. Immerse yourself in your chosen subject. Whatever it takes to learn your craft.

Most authors take ideas and concepts from their peers and often repackage that into a form they can call their own.

One of the books of the month here back in January was Atomic Habits by James Clear. That was a very successful book but there was nothing particularly ground braking about it. Most of the material was based on the works of others but unless you were a student of that subject you probably would not have known apart from when they were singled out.

Ka.La_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 1, 2019
Oh and on those specific questions its simply research. Read books and blogs by experts in the field. Watch video's, go to seminars. Immerse yourself in your chosen subject. Whatever it takes to learn your craft.

Most authors take ideas and concepts from their peers and often repackage that into a form they can call their own.

One of the books of the month here back in January was Atomic Habits by James Clear. That was a very successful book but there was nothing particularly ground braking about it. Most of the material was based on the works of others but unless you were a student of that subject you probably would not have known apart from when they were singled out.

Thank you for helping me :)

Walterbl

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 23, 2018
$20 for a book seems way too good to be true. Try fiverr and other freelances sites to find cheap freelancers. Lots of cheap workers there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.