The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Launched my fitness infoproduct, first week sales = $7150

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Winning

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Mar 8, 2014
@piesandak47 hey, I think that your fitness infoproduct can do well with Instagram advertising. There are a ton of fitness influencers that can broadcast your product. It kind of ties in to a site I might be building and would like your thoughts on that? Check out my thread here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Update #3

Alright here's what I accomplished since the last update:

- Built a brand new sales letters for my product (VSL)
- Completed my low priced (tripewire) offer
- Completed my lead magnet

Right now I need to setup 3rd party tracking which is a bit of a pain. And I'm testing heavily on native ad platforms like taboola and adblade.

My big mistake

When I first launched my product, I sold it via clickbank. But I was so pissed because clickbank took like 8-10% per sale so I switched to a platform called Zaxaa which handles payments via stripe which only takes 2.9% + 30 cents per sale, so i ended up making $3 per more sale which is A LOT in the long run. I stayed on zaxaa for like 2 months.

But after consulting with multiple people I decided to switch back to clickbank which is a pain in the a$$ since I have multiple existing customers on zaxaa and clickbank (from the original launch week), so handling the logistics of that is a bit stressful.

The main reason I want to move back and focus on clickbank - affiliates.

I know I'm losing about $3 per sale on my core product if I sell through clickbank but I'm aiming high and looking at the bi picture. If I can blow this affiliates then the extra $3 per sale is nothing.

Am I on track to hit my $30k/month by June? Maybe...I know for damn sure I'm going to crack $10k by June and my overall goal of cracking $50k/month by end of this year.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Also another note - build your f*cking backend funnel.

I know so many guys who just have one product for sale at say $47 for example and that's all they f*cking have.

It's insane.

You can put out the world's shittiest backend product if you offer it after your core offer, and a tiny percentage of people will still buy it. Put out a decent offer and 30% percent people will but.

I put out a simple 17 page PDF bonus guide + a video program on my backend and sell it for $27. It's converting at 45% right now and the sales page isn't great. Once I optimize it a bit I'm sure I can get it up to 60+%.

And don't stop there.

Build out an entire backend autoresponder funnel. A lot of guys have the whole lead magnet ====> autoresponder sequence but very few have a backend autoresponder.

The sales are 10x easier to make with a backend autoresponder since EVERYONE on this list is an existing cusotomer.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
So update #4 :)

My product is up from $200/day to about $250/day due to some tweaks i made to my sales page and upsell offers.

While that may seem great and it is (technically I'm at over $90k per year now which is the most money I've ever made in my life), this past month has been really stressful and crazy.

I'm making some big decisions and changes to my product that's going to change everything but I truly believe it's for the better.

Here's what happened since my last update:

- I created a VSL for my product to test against my long form sales letter. It totally bombed. 0.39% conversion rate vs. 1.22% of my long form. I worked on my VSL script with the consultant I hired and we did a "ugly VSL," the one where it's just black text on a blank powerpoint screen. I spent almost 3 weeks on this and the reason it may have bombed was 1 of 2 things IMO: the audio quality or the copy itself. For now I'm back at my long form sales page since that converts better. In my gut, I'm really not a fan of simple powerpoint VSLs. I much prefer VSLs where it shows you know...actual video.

- My tripwire offer didn't turn out as well as i had planned. For those who don't know, a tripwire is a cheaper offer you present someone before you present them with your core offer. For my tripwire, it was a "6 pack abs" blueprint. It just converted like shit with cold traffic. Why? Because it didn't provide enough value...it was a simple 15 page PDF report and in my gut I knew it wasn't worth what I was charging for it.

- After my VSL and tripwire bombed and about another $400 ad spend down the drain, I took a step back and just looked at my entire product and funnel from a birds eye view.

- I looked at each aspect of my funnel and when I looked at my core product...it hit me HARD. I realized my core product wasn't good. Okay let me rephrase, it was good enough that people bought it and people are getting some good results with it. But I wasn't happy with it. My product was just another fitness infoproduct being sold on clickbank or whatever. The angle or big idea behind my product wasn't good enough.

- If you go and look at ANY fitness infoproduct, you'll see that there are very very few are sold by genuine guys. Most are sold by "online marketers" that try to find the most obscure and ridiculous angles it differentiate their products (e.g. "Scientists at Harvard discover a weight loss secret from the 1700s that increase your metabolism by 59.67% in 14 days flat"). Shit and headlines like that are ridiculous and while they may work since it's a BIG IDEA (if you read Ready, Fire, Aim you know what I'm talking about) but I don't know how these marketers sleep at night with their BS headlines. I refuse to go down that route.

- When I create a product for the entire world, I want it to be F*cking amazing. Just last week when someone asked me what I do and I said I sell fitness products online...I just didn't feel good saying it because deep down I knew my product wasn't as good as it could be.

- I had 1 week where I did absolutely nothing. I was so pissed and stressed from figuring out my next move. All I did was watch tv, go to the gym, and look at pictures of R8s. Shit was depressing. I could continue to tweak and scale my current funnel, but what's the point when I'm not even truly happy with what I'm selling.

- That's when it hit me and I finally had a crystal clear vision of what my new and upgraded product would be.

- I essentially took a look at the entire fitness infoproduct market which really hasn't changed much in the last 10 years and asked myself what could be truly done to innovate this market.

- I'm in the process of completely overhauling my infoproduct from a simple PDF infoproduct to a full fledged course where the unique selling proposition is actually a piece of software (a web app) I'm having developed right now. It's a still a fitness course that teaches you how to build muscle, lose fat, and all that but with a very unique twist that involves the software I'm having made. I've literally never seen this done with any of the infoproducts on clickbank so I'm super excited. The software itself isn't ground breaking by any means, but it has never been done in my niche. Is it possible that it could completely bomb? Yes, but it could also completely change the game for fitness infoproducts so that's a risk I'm willing to take :) And yes I surveyed my customers and even talked to some of them on skype, and all of them thought the software angle was brilliant.

- Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with selling infoproducts and selling PDFs or whatever. I just feel like I have such a massive opportunity with the software I'm developing so I'm taking that chance.

- No I won't reveal what my new product it is. While i know most won't do crap with an idea i still don't need or want the competition at this time.

- I still plan on doing $10k by June. Actually I plan on doing between $20-50k in June since that's when I plan on relaunching my product. My first launch did $7k but I learned a lot from that and my launch sequence this time will be 100x better plus I actually plan on recruiting affiliates this time.

So yeah... that's my update.

#1 Lesson - if you're selling a product, sell something that's F*cking amazing and you're damn proud of. Don't settle for anything less. It makes everything else so much easier.

Let me know if you have questions :) Glad to help anyone if they need it.

Lots to do.

Time to get back to the grind :)

People>Cash

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jun 4, 2014
Hey just wanted to say thank you for sharing with us your journey.

There's a lot of actionable steps that you list that I'm incorporating into my business (similar field).

+1 for great info and +2 for not sharing your niche

Business is a journey and takes hard work, not copycatting someone else's fitness business.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Hey just wanted to say thank you for sharing with us your journey.

There's a lot of actionable steps that you list that I'm incorporating into my business (similar field).

+1 for great info and +2 for not sharing your niche

Business is a journey and takes hard work, not copycatting someone else's fitness business.

Thanks man.

I have no problem sharing my niche - in it's broadest sense it's simply workouts for men. I'm just not giving away my "hook"

Lord Taco

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 15, 2015
This is awesome. Are you getting before and after pictures? You have people like Tracey Anderson, or ItsKayla on instagram killing it with those type of pictures.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
This is awesome. Are you getting before and after pictures? You have people like Tracey Anderson, or ItsKayla on instagram killing it with those type of pictures.

Yes I am.

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
Yes I am.

awesome! how did you get before/after pictures when you first started for your launch?

What do you feel is the best way to get before/after pictures after your launch?

congrats again $

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
awesome! how did you get before/after pictures when you first started for your launch?

What do you feel is the best way to get before/after pictures after your launch?

congrats again $

i ran a beta for a select group.

Afterwards? If your program is legit, users will send them to you without asking. You can also setup a message in your autoresponder series so after 30 or 60 days or whatever they get a message asking how progress is going.

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
Good job there :)

you are definitely a few steps ahead of me,

Watch out with the web apps though: There are many people doing that at the moment.

At first: you got the programs and tracking you got at fitocracy
Then an online trainer+timer+everything for bodyweight exercises at madbarz

And there are lots more.
Make sure you offer more, better than them :)

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Good job there :)

you are definitely a few steps ahead of me,

Watch out with the web apps though: There are many people doing that at the moment.

At first: you got the programs and tracking you got at fitocracy
Then an online trainer+timer+everything for bodyweight exercises at madbarz

And there are lots more.
Make sure you offer more, better than them :)

Not as many as people doing ebooks :)

I'm well aware of the competition. Definitely not trying to compete with fitrocracy, at least not yet. And my stuff isn't bodyweight focused.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Update #5

Just a small update.

I officially begun development on my app.

In the end I expect development costs plus all the design work I need for this app to be between $10-15k.

Launch is expect to be in late July/August depending on how development goes.

I will discontinue my current product which is more of an infoproduct once my new product launches but in the mean time I'm still refining my funnel since I still need cash coming in.

Exciting times :)

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Why would you cut a product that is working to replace it with another product? Wouldn't it make more sense to learn how to sell the existing, validated product up to $1MM in gross revenues rather than pivoting for what appears to be no reason?

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Why would you cut a product that is working to replace it with another product? Wouldn't it make more sense to learn how to sell the existing, validated product up to $1MM in gross revenues rather than pivoting for what appears to be no reason?

Yup totally understand what you're saying.

A few reasons:

- My new product is still going to sell the same market, it's more of an upgrade than a straight up replacement
- Building the software gives me a HUGE competitive advantage over everyone else
- Right now I feel like I'm trying to compete head to head with so many guys in the ebook/infoproduct space. With this product, I'm breaking out into a space with much less competition.
- It allows me to provide 10x more value and it will actually help people get better results
- And just looking at it from a long term perspective, it's better for my brand in every possible way

I'm still building out my current funnel so anything i do between now and my new launch can be carried over and tweaked to fit my new product.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Yup totally understand what you're saying.

A few reasons:

- My new product is still going to sell the same market, it's more of an upgrade than a straight up replacement
- Building the software gives me a HUGE competitive advantage over everyone else
- Right now I feel like I'm trying to compete head to head with so many guys in the ebook/infoproduct space. With this product, I'm breaking out into a space with much less competition.
- It allows me to provide 10x more value and it will actually help people get better results
- And just looking at it from a long term perspective, it's better for my brand in every possible way

I'm still building out my current funnel so anything i do between now and my new launch can be carried over and tweaked to fit my new product.
Good luck. To me it seems like a big risk to completely change platforms. The change in platform is essentially a change in market. Infoproduct fitness products are very different to app fitness products.

Good on you for rapidly experimenting. I am interested in seeing how it pans out!

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Good luck. To me it seems like a big risk to completely change platforms. The change in platform is essentially a change in market. Infoproduct fitness products are very different to app fitness products.

Good on you for rapidly experimenting. I am interested in seeing how it pans out!

Thanks.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a full blown "fitrocracy" level fitness app.

It's more of an online course with gamification type elements and some workout software.

Ettan Bazil

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Apr 20, 2015
London, UK
You guys (piesandak47 and Silverhawk851) are really speaking my language. Great excecution piesandak47.
I've developing a new fitness product at the moment (nearly blew myself up the other day with the prototype ;-) )
Would it be ok to get in touch when it's ready for your opinions?

Thanks

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
You guys (piesandak47 and Silverhawk851) are really speaking my language. Great excecution piesandak47.
I've developing a new fitness product at the moment (nearly blew myself up the other day with the prototype ;-) )
Would it be ok to get in touch when it's ready for your opinions?

Thanks
Sure :)

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Can't believe I didn't see this before. There's process here: $7150 in sales in the first week is all most people see but what I see is 3 years of hard work, building a fitness blog and a list and giving the people what they really wanted. Good stuff.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Can't believe I didn't see this before. There's process here: $7150 in sales in the first week is all most people see but what I see is 3 years of hard work, building a fitness blog and a list and giving the people what they really wanted. Good stuff.

Haha yup.

I jumped between a lot of different businesses between those 3 years but everything i learned (especially the mindset and attitude needed to become an entrepreneur) carried over into my first launch.

Definitely not a huge launch, revenue wise. But it was a huge milestone for me.

teabag

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jun 21, 2013
Australia
Because it's the fitness industry, are you the actual FACE of you business/blog?

Do people come to 'Piesandak47' or do they come to a website that has fitness content on it written by Piesandak47.

Grats on the success of your launch :)

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Because it's the fitness industry, are you the actual FACE of you business/blog?

Do people come to 'Piesandak47' or do they come to a website that has fitness content on it written by Piesandak47.

Grats on the success of your launch :)

Yup i am the face.

Anyone in this day and age who tries to just outsource content when creating a blog, especially fitness content is going burn and die.

Basilius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 26, 2015
Czech Republic
Definitely not a huge launch, revenue wise. But it was a huge milestone for me.

I'm very enjoying this thread as I'm on my way of building an online product as well. The not a huge launch vs. a huge milestone really resonates with me. I'm not expecting to earn huge amount of money, but I do expect to learn a ton that I can use to improve.

Yasai

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 26, 2014
How have your sales developed over the last couple of weeks? Did you create new products for your customers and visitors to enjoy?

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
How have your sales developed over the last couple of weeks? Did you create new products for your customers and visitors to enjoy?

Sales have stayed steady since my last update.

Got sidetracked with my software which has now been canceled for the time being mostly due to funding issues (cost a lot more than i anticipated and the risk is simply not necessary right now).

Yes I am in the process of relaunching my custom fitness coaching next week.

Will post bigger update when i have time.

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Sales have stayed steady since my last update.

Got sidetracked with my software which has now been canceled for the time being mostly due to funding issues (cost a lot more than i anticipated and the risk is simply not necessary right now).

Yes I am in the process of relaunching my custom fitness coaching next week.

Will post bigger update when i have time.

Whats up!

Do you also post your product on Clickbank so that affiliates can promo it?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.