The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Wrong Price ? Or Wrong Marketing ?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Panamera Turbo S

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 24, 2015
Hey guys,

For a few days i am facing with a problem on my online business.

The problem is that i created a powerful audio which release stress from human body and i am trying to sell it. You can find the product sellpage here: http://universehealer.com/product/deep-relaxation-for-removing-completely-stress/

Things look like this: I am advertising my product on Facebook because is very cheap. At 106 clikcs it costed me less than $20. I am targeting countryes like United States, Germany, France, Norway, Italy, Spain, Romania and as interestsi am looking for: Law of attraction (New Thought))Sleep relax, Stress management, Life, no stresssssssss, Relaxation technique.
I made changes over changes in order to see different results. But nothing! I changed the price and put it $1 and still noone buy it. I putted fake reviews in order to make it more credible, still nothing... i even putted 1 minute demo from the audio, nothing but nothing, i even said that after 90 days if not satisfied i gave them money back, and nothing again.

I am trying to understand where is my mistake. Please view my product page, read the description and tell me what do you think about it: http://universehealer.com/product/deep-relaxation-for-removing-completely-stress/

Any help counts and i thank you for all of you which are helping me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tobore

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 30, 2013
Above and Beyond
When a solution is not greater than the problem, nobody buys!

When a product doesn't SEEM valuable, nobody buys!

When a product is right in front of the wrong crowd, nobody buys!

From a marketing point of view, maybe you can try the right market. Or, if you think this is the market, find out "WHAT THEY ALREADY BUY" and create a better product out of that.

Then...

Add your audio as bonus OR to rev-up perceive value/price to "what they already buy"

Panamera Turbo S

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 24, 2015
When a solution is not greater than the problem, nobody buys!

When a product doesn't SEEM valuable, nobody buys!

When a product is right in front of the wrong crowd, nobody buys!

From a marketing point of view, maybe you can try the right market. Or, if you think this is the market, find out "WHAT THEY ALREADY BUY" and create a better product out of that.

Then...

Add your audio as bonus OR to rev-up perceive value/price to "what they already buy"

Asweme idea! I will do this. Thank you very much.

Andrew C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Feb 25, 2014
Central Florida, USA
First question: What drove you to create the product?

Was there a need you were filling?

Obviously, we all know that the GENERAL need to cure cancer & reduce stress exists, but EXACTLY HOW your audio is going to accomplish that end is NOT CLEAR.

To sell something like this, you would need to create TRUST that your audio can do what it claims.

You are making a VERY BOLD CLAIM when saying that you will prevent cancer and cure stress with an audio that costs around $50US.

I am not saying it isn't true, but you had better back up your claims with some credibility.

Honestly, with the amount of free content that claims the same thing (see YouTube for stress relief audio), I would just use that audio as a giveaway and build a list of people seeking natural cancer cures or something.

Then target THOSE PEOPLE on Facebook and build a list, then sell them better affiliate products in the space as an alternative.

Success to you my friend :)

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Am I to understand that you only drove 106 visitors to your page? And only committed $20 to marketing? All while changing the offer multiple times?

Panamera Turbo S

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 24, 2015
Am I to understand that you only drove 106 visitors to your page? And only committed $20 to marketing? All while changing the offer multiple times?
Yes, i changed it because i have not seen results.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Here are some things you might wanna do:

Hire a native speaker for your target markets.
Noone in their right mind would buy it after reading something like this:
And now it’s just 47 Euro! Imagine that fighting with cancer and other disease not only that will cost over 5,000 Euros but may also cost your life because you didn’t prevent it.

Focus on a single market and a specific audience.
Think about your target market. What are they looking for? Where are they hanging around? What are their goals? Fears? Use this in your copy. Also, in 5/6 countries you are getting traffic from, English is NOT the main language.

Create specific landers.
In my experience with products like this create specific landing pages. You're not Amazon or Ebay who by the power of their brand can send people to product search results. Noone knows you.

Back up your claims.

Get a budget.

And get real. You want to create a fastlane business? Chances are you need to spend more than 20 bucks to make money. You need to test. To get results that are statistically significant, you need more than 106 visitors. You also can't constantly change things, because it messes with your data at this stage.

Track and measure.
With all kinds of traffic, and especially with paid traffic, you need to track and measure. Where are people coming from? Keyword? Ad? Gender? Age? Location? What is converting, what is not converting? The more data points you have, the better the decisions you can make from that data. Also, don't be partial. Noone cares what lander you like the most, how much time you invested in creating it, what ad resonates the most with you personally and so on.

Panamera Turbo S

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 24, 2015
Here are some things you might wanna do:

Hire a native speaker for your target markets.
Noone in their right mind would buy it after reading something like this:
And now it’s just 47 Euro! Imagine that fighting with cancer and other disease not only that will cost over 5,000 Euros but may also cost your life because you didn’t prevent it.

Focus on a single market and a specific audience.
Think about your target market. What are they looking for? Where are they hanging around? What are their goals? Fears? Use this in your copy. Also, in 5/6 countries you are getting traffic from, English is NOT the main language.

Create specific landers.
In my experience with products like this create specific landing pages. You're not Amazon or Ebay who by the power of their brand can send people to product search results. Noone knows you.

Back up your claims.

Get a budget.

And get real. You want to create a fastlane business? Chances are you need to spend more than 20 bucks to make money. You need to test. To get results that are statistically significant, you need more than 106 visitors. You also can't constantly change things, because it messes with your data at this stage.

Track and measure.
With all kinds of traffic, and especially with paid traffic, you need to track and measure. Where are people coming from? Keyword? Ad? Gender? Age? Location? What is converting, what is not converting? The more data points you have, the better the decisions you can make from that data. Also, don't be partial. Noone cares what lander you like the most, how much time you invested in creating it, what ad resonates the most with you personally and so on.
You are right, what landing platform should i use? By this time i am using WordPress with WooCommerce Plugin.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
I don't have time to get into everything that's wrong but you have a ton of issues. I'll just give you a few.

1. Your sales page is in English. The only country your targeting who's native language is English is the U.S.A. That's going to cause some serious conversion issues.
2. If you're targeting the U.S. you shouldn't price your product in Euros. Europeans may be used to translating currencies. Most Americans just get confused though. I'd do it in $ if you're targeting the U.S. market.
3. You're English skills and grammar need work. This will cause serious trust issues with your customers.
4. You have no Unique Selling Proposition. What makes you different or more effective than the other bazillion products like yours?
5. You have zero trust signals on that page.
6. You're not using https on your checkout page.

I could go on for about 20 more but this is a start at least.

Now, get to work. :bookworm:

Panamera Turbo S

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 24, 2015
I don't have time to get into everything that's wrong but you have a ton of issues. I'll just give you a few.

1. Your sales page is in English. The only country your targeting who's native language is English is the U.S.A. That's going to cause some serious conversion issues.
2. If you're targeting the U.S. you shouldn't price your product in Euros. Europeans may be used to translating currencies. Most Americans just get confused though. I'd do it in $ if you're targeting the U.S. market.
3. You're English skills and grammar need work. This will cause serious trust issues with your customers.
4. You have no Unique Selling Proposition. What makes you different or more effective than the other bazillion products like yours?

Thank you very much for your help! Could you please tell me the other 20 ?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
My question was meant to highlight that 106 visitors is not enough visitors especially when you've changed the offer multiple times. Send 1000 visitors to the same offer. BUT BEFORE YOU DO take the advice of some of the posters here about changing the page and copy. It needs major work first.

Hassen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 13, 2015
I bursted out laughing at "that can cause dead".

But yeah, being as anxiety-ridden and full of stress like I am, I see no reason at all anyone would pay that much for such a product since there are lots, lots of similar ones at very low to no costs wildly available that I use often & I don't see how this one is any different or even believe it's possible. All similar products in this niche are all near-perfect substitutes for each other imo and I'd always go for the more reasonably priced. An audio track is usually priced in the ballpark of 0.99 ~ 1.99 or so USD and that's the maximum I'd pay for one. Anything higher but lower than 10, or maybe even stretch it to 15, or even 20 dollars, feels like expensively priced, and 50 bucks just screams ripoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
An audio track is usually priced in the ballpark of 0.99 ~ 1.99 or so USD and that's the maximum I'd pay for one. Anything higher but lower than 10, or maybe even stretch it to 15, or even 20 dollars, feels like expensively priced, and 50 bucks just screams ripoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultimately you're going to want to price test this. People's concept of what something is worth can fluctuate and is constantly in motion in their mind. Especially when you put it in context of something else. Value can be very subjective.

For example, I got some qualitative feedback from a few people that one of my products should have been $9.99 a month. I asked them what they based it off of and realized there wasn't any real sound reasoning behind it. It was just feel. I can't run a business off of feel. So, I price tested it and saw what would bring the most profit.

We did large swings….from $7.99 all the way up to $119.99. The winner ended up being $89.99. If I would have just kept it at $9.99 I would have left serious $$$ on the table. You never know unless you test.

Andrew C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Feb 25, 2014
Central Florida, USA
Honestly my friend, the title might have been "Wrong Price or Wrong Market.... OR WRONG PRODUCT".
..And my opinion is that "Wrong Product" would be the right answer.

It appears that your motive for creating this product may have been profit-driven, and NOT based on a clear understanding of the market you are going after.

I would take another look at NEEDS in a market before trying to just put something out there and see if you can make money at it...

I have tried, and I simply DON'T SEE A NEED, OR ANY COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE, OR ANY REASON WHY SOMEONE WOULD EVEN WANT IT.

It looks like you are trying to fill a catalog of "stuff for sale" but haven't bothered to care whether or not anyone NEEDS it.

Plus, even if you clean up the page, the way you are running direct traffic to it with no list building strategy to offer them something of value in exchange for their email.

You have no relationship with the visitors, so they will simply visit, and leave.
So then what? Spend more money on the same COLD traffic with no opt-in??

Trying to convert COLD traffic like that will absolutely KILL your marketing budget, and I sincerely think you will not sell much of this.

Remember the book that brought us all here, and the 5 step formula: N-E-C-S-T.
N= Finding a NEED in the marketplace.

edward222

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Dec 8, 2014
hhhhhmmmm,
Why not search for the possible users first?

First target: "your family and friends"
ask them if they feel good, ask there their comments and opinions about your product.

Start it locally before you try to reach other countries.

How can you expect someone from other countries
buy your product if someone in you neighbor or firends
doesnt even buy that prooduct of you?

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
From John Carltons book (kick-a$$ copywriting secrets):

It's well known among smart marketers that most people will not spend a nickel to prevent illness.. But will empty their bank accounts to be healed once something goes sour.

I think this could be one reason your not selling the product like crazy.

G

GuestUser113

Please tell me the EXACT steps. Don't leave anything out.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Last edited by a moderator:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Still sounds hard. Is there a website I could go to that would do it for me? Need exact steps on how to go to the website.....

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Just went on to the page and within 2 seconds I see the words Cancer , Alzheimer's etc.
Think your taking the wrong approach to it. People are often scared off by these words, so an average buyer wont just go give me that. Sort of like scare mongering them into buying this product when realistically the customer clicks the X at the top right of the screen.

Within the 3rd second I noticed $47? I feel this is a bit steep I would rather sell it at $3.99-$9.99 and have 1000 buyers than just a couple of the bigger sum.

Even give it away for free people will critique it and if you listen to the audience well enough you can polish it off and make it a really good product which you can sell for a decent sum. Especially if you have an audience there they can recommend it.

Offtopic.
Plus I do have tons of trouble sleeping at night but there is plenty of stuff on YouTube for free that I use. Love the sound of rain and there are thousands of videos that soothe me to sleep.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Hey @Raoul Duke check this out: http://universehealer.com/product/alpha-male-millionaire-lifestyle/

"Become a rich and strong alpha male like Dan Bilzerian."

23-smiling-poo.png

zerobrainwash

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 20, 2015
Baltics
Have you actually helped at least 1 patient? If no, this is a total quack and not much better than a scam.

EDIT: Sorry, I read through the description and it said 'Prevent cancer', it somehow got stuck in my mind as cure cancer. Maybe the claim is too bold and noone is really looking to prevent cancer as it will happen 30 years down the line and people rarely think that far. I think more potential customers would interested in dealing with day-to-day stresses. Also, now the internet is full of gurus, what would make me as a customer believe that you are an authority on the topic and can help?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.