The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

UK Meetup

mobonobo

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 27, 2014
London
Hey guys, really great to meet you all yesterday (a great cheese steak sandwich too)

We discussed a reading list for those interested in learning sales and some wider self-development topics too.

Challenger Sale - Matthew Dixon & Brent Adamson
The Psychology of Selling - Brian Tracey (I bought the audiobook and listen to it multiple times and learn new things every time)

The Obstacle is the Way - Ryan Holiday
Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell
48 Laws of Power - Robert Greene
Mastery - Robert Greene
Eckhart tolle - Power of Now, A New Earth

Other sales resources

http://www.marketo.com/marketing-topics/lead-generation-process

Also, there's a free sales acceleration virtual summit that might be worth checking out on
May 7th http://www.insidesales.com/events/2015/sales-acceleration-summit-var

Any other ideas post them below.....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mobonobo

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 27, 2014
London
A big thanks to everyone that showed up yesterday!
Affiliate marketing & mobile advertising
Thanks to Mark, we all had a master class in affiliate marketing and explained in simple terms (although I was confused for the most part) the in and outs and gave us some great tips on how to utilise these.

Ha ha, no problem it took me long enough to learn what we discussed ;)

Are there any super affiliates on Fastlane Forum, perhaps in the U.S?

I recommend signing up for Stackthatmoney.com for more in depth guides etc Best $80 a month I've spent!

geekboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Nov 8, 2013
Cheshire, UK
Great to meet you all and good to meet some people with similar aspirations.

Could be up for another meet in a few months to see how everyone's getting on. Don't want to see anyone stuck in the idea phase! ;)

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
Was good meeting and getting to know you all on saturday, look forward to doing again soon. @ChrisJTurner nice summary sounds like I missed out at the end!

Harestock09

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Sep 22, 2014
A big thanks to everyone that showed up yesterday!

I really enjoyed the meeting and its was great to hear other perspectives about business.
I didnt get much sleep last night as I lay awake thinking about all the stuff that we covered.

What I learnt, in no particular order of importance.

Accountability
How we all need that kick up the backside to keep us all on track.
Yes, next meeting I WILL be holding you all accountable for you progression ;)

Affiliate marketing & mobile advertising
Thanks to Mark, we all had a master class in affiliate marketing and explained in simple terms (although I was confused for the most part) the in and outs and gave us some great tips on how to utilise these.

Web design fundamentals
We all agreed in unison that in order to learn everything to do with coding, would detract focus from other aspects of business.
Though, important to understands the frameworks of design and back-end.

E-commerce
Some great advice given here about the various different aspects of ecommerce with a view on how to penetrate various markets throughout the world.
Given that this is the space that I want to occupy, it was great to have uncomfortable questions thrown at me about my business, so I will be taking time to lay out plan and hopefully have some definitive answers next time.
Ade also had some interesting insights on how he wanted to serve the customer in different ways through his platform.

Freedom & family is very important.
Gregg really brought it home to me the importance of this and has forced me to question on how I move forward with my relationships in the future.
I'm guilty of being selfish in this department but just listening to Gregg brought some home truths to me.

Focus
Great conversation with Alex on focusing on my goals and really just nailing what I am doing now. Also fm some great insights on who I should be looking at other avenues to generate revenue.

Philosophy
Gregg you really missed out on a great conversation here.
We spoke about the meaning of life and the definition of purpose.
I'd always leaned towards stoicism but the conversation yesterday has forced me to question my purpose. Very thought provoking.
Best conversation of the day!

London has the best F*cking burgers in the world!
Trendy yet scruffy part of town produced the best burger i have ever tasted.

There is much more I have missed here but I am looking forward to the next one!

Thanks guys ;)

I'm not far from London - would love to make it to the next meet. Any provisional dates in mind?

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
London Meeting June 19th or 20th? gives everyone notice plus time to book travel in advance.

If we get more than 3 more forumers up for the meeting I will book flights before the weekend.

kaqm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 1, 2014
Hey everyone, back on the forum at last! Sounds like you all had a good time at the last meet up, I'll make sure I'm at the next one and will look into June 19th/20th.

kaqm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 1, 2014
20th June is a Saturday, I will be at work as I work 1 in 3 Sat, but could do Sunday 21st, or another weekend. I'll keep an eye on this thread :)

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Hey guys

Sorry I haven't been around lately, life happens and you know how it is, few weeks later, you wonder where its gone.

I hope everyone is doing well and that everyone who came to the last meet has been working on their project.
There is enough support on this forum to facilitate a move in the right direction (somehow not taking my own advice).

Ok, i'm pretty stacked for June time so I guess anyone who wants to meet before then, are free to organise.

However, I can make myself available for the end of July, maybe 25th/26th July.
In terms of location, I am pretty open, just as long as its central to train stations and/or parking to allow people to arrive timely.
I think maybe the next location should allow for extra seating and offer food, so we can snack and feel comfortable.

Anyone interested in 25th/26th July?
London... Manchester... Birmingham?

geekboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Nov 8, 2013
Cheshire, UK
Yeah could be up for 25/26th July - Manchester/Birmingham would be better for me if that suits others

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
Manchester would be great.

I'm a commercial lawyer by trade, so could give some useful tid-bits!

kaqm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 1, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Who's interested in a London meetup in September/October? I can arrange.

Cheers

kaqm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 1, 2014
Do you know which dates you can do at the moment? As far as I know, any weekend in October is good for me.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
Is anybody available next weekend to meet in London?
I'd be up for a meetup, can't do this month but maybe a day in November if anyone is interested?

Last edited:

Bobo33

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Oct 19, 2015
If be up for a meetup, can't do this month but maybe a day in November if anyone is interested?
Hi

I'm in London the weekend of the 30-31st October if anything is going on ?

Jata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 21, 2015
I'm based in Cardiff but would be happy to travel down. Is there a Facebook group? Might make arranging a meetup a bit easier

JoeBloggs

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 30, 2012
London
I live in central London and would be happy to meet up with like-minded people. Please let me know if anyone is planning a catch up this side of Christmas.

Thanks.

GMJimmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 19, 2015
I'm in central London 3-4 times a week, weekdays only. Would be happy to meet you. Lunch? Or after work? (yes, I have a job)

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Would anyone be up for a meetup in Edinburgh Sunday Janurary 31st?
Tell us about your new years goals, what is going to happen in your business and then go for Dinner/Light Beverage.

Flights/Trains/Buses from London as little as £29 and I can give you help if you need to book a hotel room in the area which again will be cheap.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Ok, so it looks like not much has gained traction since I organised the last one.

Shall we start the process of planning a summer meetup?

Last time we met in C.London and I was a very good meetup.
A lot of great ideas was thrown around, I even summarised the meet up a few pages back.
There was no structure for the last meetup and it flowed pretty well, so we'll keep the same format if the numbers are low.

Maybe this time we could meet this for outside of London, for ease of travel.

Depending on the numbers, I can organise a venue that can accommodate, maybe food and a few drinks.

Who is free 24th July 2016?
Close to NEC Birmingham which is by Birmingham Int train station and motorway links.

Please note. I WILL be holding everyone accountable for execution and if you have not done anything already, you got 7 months to gain traction. DO IT!

1. ChrisJTurner

Last edited:

Bobo33

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Oct 19, 2015
Any updates and when the summer meetup will be ?

Struggling to find good meetups local to me apart from a bunch of nobody's trying to sell me their crap services lol

Aimee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 3, 2014
Digging this thread out of the grave but I've got some free time this summer and was wondering if anyone is free to meet up sometime. The north of the UK would be ideal, but can also go down south if necessary. If anyone's free drop me a message and we can try to organise something! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.