The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lead generating tools and tips??

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
I have set my focus on generating followers, subscribers, and potential clients. Aside from narrowing down my target audience, blogging, social media, events, linkbuilding, what else should I be doing?? Are there any algorithms out there that might be able to help me build an effectively email and potential client list all while possibly cutting time spent and minimize dead-end research?? My list building is at a snails pace :/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What if you set your focus on getting a sale or more sales?

Would you be doing more or less of the above?

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
I would be focused on the same... I am trying to build a foundation. If i were to get "some" leads, and hope everything will go from there, my business would fall apart. New customers and followers would be just as essential as any current ones. My goal is not to waste my time in the wrong places. If an effective tool is available, why not utilize it?

Last edited:

Harestock09

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Sep 22, 2014
I have set my focus on generating followers, subscribers, and potential clients. Aside from narrowing down my target audience, blogging, social media, events, linkbuilding, what else should I be doing?? Are there any algorithms out there that might be able to help me build an effectively email and potential client list all while possibly cutting time spent and minimize dead-end research?? My list building is at a snails pace :/

I'd probably say that a handful of qualified leads is worth a lot more than many that have not been.

I'd focus on your target market, reach out, have meaningful conversations and validate your business by understanding what problems you can solve for those people.

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
@MEAH Thank You! :) To all my fellow entrepreneurs and contributors, I am NOT looking for any easy what out, I am looking for a better way to optimize and manage my time. Tips like these are VERY helpful, not only for me... but for everybody. Thanks again! Further tips and advise are always greatly appreciated :)

townhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Feb 21, 2012
London

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
No, my business is a service industry. Luxury services. I am looking to gain leads and follower which could eventually become customers. Obviously, I would like to be generating strong customer leads. My business to business interaction is minimal. Organizing activities for corporate clients if anything. Thats a strong list, I will be reading through that today. Thank you!

Andrew C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Feb 25, 2014
Central Florida, USA
No, my business is a service industry. Luxury services.
This is a crucial piece of information.
While you can sell a lot of "mass market" stuff online, the luxury market is MUCH more driven by relationships.

This should make logical sense, because the affluent customer is typically more conservative, older, and is not going to be persuaded to buy a Maserati (for example) because of an ad on the internet.

Affluent people also have a STRONG NETWORK of people that they rely upon for recommendations to high-end services.

In other words, I would align myself with a strategic partner who ALREADY had access to that market.

For example, my friend is a Financial Planner who had struggled for years trying to market to doctors who earned $500k+ so he could land them as clients.
He discovered a "National Doctors XYZ Organization" (I cannot reveal the name) that had THOUSANDS of members, many of whom are ideal clients for him.
He built a relationship with the key people in this organization, and now he literally has EXCLUSIVE access to sell his much-needed Financial Planning services to them.

This has saved him literally YEARS and THOUSANDS in advertising, and he is close to 7 figures in profit his first year.

This is not rocket science, he started by offering a LOT of VALUE to the heads of that organization to show that he was a solid businessperson who could be trusted to deliver to their clients.

Another friend is a web designer who did the exact same thing with a niche market of attorneys, and made it into a six-figure residual annual business with fewer clients (NOT typical for web designers).

I also know a personal trainer who did the exact same thing by training a few people for free who were "Centers of Influence". Now she makes a strong income from training a few clients a week who are part of their "celebrity" network.

These are just examples of how leveraging relationships will help you a LOT with affluent people.

Because the affluent are typically MUCH smarter with their money, they are MUCH more apt to go with a recommendation.

Not discouraging the online marketing approach, but this may save you some TIME when going after that market.
Is there any way you could "give" away your service to a few affluent people who may be able to refer others like them?

Success to you :)

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
Yes, there is a way I can give away my service, although I would have to "know" that they are using somebody else's services at that time, and that would be where I come into play. To go a little more in depth with that, Lets say somebody else's client is on vacation, working with another luxury service broker or something, I would have to figure out what they forgot (or not forgot) to have booked and offer them a service, or something better, for cheaper. I suppose I have to find out when and where my potential clients travel or spend their money on luxury's. where to start (list building?) will ultimately get me to a worthy client, with a large network

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.