The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Free Giveaway] The Miracle Morning, by Hal Elrod

For any book discussion

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Just finish reading the book, honestly my "bullshit alert" have being on sometimes during the book, but i'm gonna give a try, and i'm starting to apply what a learn right now ( as i'm going to bed after finishing writing this ), have anyone manage to do this for more than the initial first weeks?

Did you finish the 30 days, how did it go? Are you still doing it?

I've been doing it since I got the book. March? April? Somewhere in that. Has honestly changed my life. I believe MJ is still doing it as well, as are some other members here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roland

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 24, 2013
UK
Still doing it as well since March-April. I wake-up at 5 o'clock every morning and it is true that I feel better during the day than when I wake up at 7-8 am. It might be psychologic but as long as it works, why should I care? :)

AdrianMC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 2, 2014
Absolutely amazing. I've been doing it for about 4 weeks now. I travelled to Asia, and will be here for the next few months so I was off my schedule for a week or so (constant travelling into different timezones), but now that I'm settled I'm waking up at 4:30am every single day. I started with 5am, but felt like I wanted to be even earlier.

The senior citizens in Asia get up super early. I see them at the neighbourhood park at 4:30am. I need to beat them some how.

Here's to my next target: 3am.

Phenom

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 7, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Man 3AM is another level! I've been getting up at 6AM for the past 5 months. it's funny you mentioned the senior citizens getting up early because that's what my wife calls me...lol At the gym, I only see seniors at this time!

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
**Oops didn't see giveaway was in March

I don't want to be qualified for the book since I think someone else will get more value out of it than I will. I have no problems getting up in the mornings anymore(5:30am) and here's why:

I set the alarm-clock far away so I absolutely have to get up. Just getting out of bed is half the battle. Then the first thing I do in the day is something that I look forward to. For me it's going to the gym and hiking. I alternate them every other day. It's very enjoyable to go outside and be awake before 99% of people. The world seems very calm and it kinda makes you feel like a badass. Coffee certainly helps as well.

So my advice to anyone who isn't a morning person is to just set the alarm far off from the bed, and to do something you enjoy first thing in the morning.

The days seriously feel so much longer.

Also, I go to bed in the 10:30 to 12:00 range. Usually 11ish. I might start getting up even earlier because Phoenix traffic is pretty intense by the time I'm finished at the gym.

Lol. Very ignorant of me to dismiss this book just because I was already waking up early. Finished it earlier today.

Great stuff.

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
Haven't read the book but I'm trying to build a new routine on no caffeine after 7 and in bed by 11. I normally wake up between 5-7 since I've started the new routine.

This might be my next book purchase.

custardcat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Oct 25, 2014
2) Post the best business advice you ever received, heard, or learned.

* read the books
* take the classes
* welcome the disciplines

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Early Birds vs Night Owls

In short, it made sense to have people with varying sleeping patterns in a primitive survival scenario (the past). Think guards taking shifts throughout the day. Sleep patterns / preference are almost entirely predetermined due to genetic traits. In modern society though, it might make more sense to be an early bird.

Also relevant...

How Much Sleep Do You Actually Need?

Should You Use The SNOOZE Button?

Edit: There's even more relevant videos ... but you know where to find them ;)

Last edited:

McNandez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jan 3, 2013
Just bought the book.
Gagging.
Seriously.
Do I really need to look at anything other than the cover?

I had the same reaction when I first read the book around August. I am definitely not a fan of Hal Elrod's writing skills, but the ideas in the book were compelling enough to get me to finish TMM.

I was able to do it for about six weeks straight, and the results were amazing - I was able to manage my energy and focus all day and was generally more positive, which improved not only my productivity, but my personal life and my performance at my day-job as well. What amazed me the most, though, was that I was tremendously more resilient. I can't even describe how great that felt.

However, I've fallen off a bit lately - I want to get back into it, but I am ashamed to admit that I've let obstacles get in my way, including the fact that the mornings have turned cold. I am going to make the decision today to get back into it tomorrow first thing. I'm going to spend the last ten minutes or so this evening setting out my materials and reviewing my goals, as well as the things I'm grateful for before going to sleep.

Oh, and to participate in the original prompt, despite the expired giveaway :) :
1. The Most Incredible Thing I've Done Before 8AM
Tested myself with a solo forty mile bike ride.

2. The Best Business Advice I've Heard/Read
(I can't decide among these, as they each come into play several times per day)
* If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got
* Learn to ask better questions
* All writing is rewriting

Yankee427

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
Also, I started listening to his Achieve Your Goals Podcast before I read the book. It is a good once a week podcaast for anyone interested. The new one comes out every Wednesday.

I almost got the job of creating an event app for his Live Event in the beginning of December, just by using his techniques he teaches back on him. I am going to try again for next year.

If you listen to the podcast, you can see that he writes like he talks.

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
If you listen to the podcast, you can see that he writes like he talks.

Exactly. The book is good, his podcast is GREAT. So passionate, so full of experiences and such a good mindset. One of the most inspiring people out there.

Arima

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Apr 25, 2015
I finished this book today and it was really helpful. I will start tomorrow by waking up 5 AM and holding myself on the SAVERS. Thanks MJ for the recommendation.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
the greatest thing I did before 8am was actually to work on my website. When I started working on my website about 2 weeks ago it was freaking hot here in germany about 86 - 95 degree fahrenheit for days and I decided to spend my nights with my website. And that feeling of going to bed after hours of working in the middle of the night while others are sleeping or partying made me happier than any party or hours of sleep could have done. And the best part was, I really got shit done!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.