The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need help shifting gears.

TAPROOTkind

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 18, 2015
Well guys, I'm twenty years old and already working a job I hate, a few days ago while hauling material at my workplace I realized something horrible; this could be the rest of my life. Being that I simply can't accept construction industrial plumber as my fate in a sort of quarter-life crisis I searched the internet for help and ended up here. I'm young, I have a few thousand dollars (CAD) and I'm willing to leave my entire life behind and everything I know if it means getting into the fast lane.

But where do I start? I've looked into copywriting but every resource I've read on the subject gives a "too good to be true" type vibe, especially since it's always proceeded by pages of bragging about success and never any information on what copywriting actually entails. Can anyone attest to the benefits of learning copywriting and direct me to a resource for learning that doesn't feel like a pyramid scheme?

In Bold and Determined's article on what he would do if he was eighteen again he said he would move to either Vietnam or Thailand because they're full of young entrepreneurs, would doing something like that have any value to someone like me with zero know-how and life experience? If so, what would I do when I got there?

Thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
The Gary Halbert Challenge is quite popular and is
recommended on regular basis as a good starting point for copy.

Here is a thread on the challenge
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ert-30-day-challenge-copywriting-group.50217/

After the challenge I would give "Web Copy that Sells" a read.

Then create some swipe files from Clickbank ads with a gravity over 100
and practice from those too.

There's a lot of info strewn around here so use the search function too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sowexly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Nov 7, 2013
Tap I'm right with you but I'm already in a hole from some college that I spooked myself into taking... Either way I can tell you that the challenge recommended above is a great start to copywriting. Although some of the material being over 70 years old is dry IMO. Victors idea is borrowed from 4 hour workweek (good in its own right but don't sign off on the author being amazing as he tries to vibe).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.