The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How long should I run a landing page validation campaign

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Hey all. I'm building my landing page and I was wondering how long i should run the campaign trying to get interest before i declare a success/failure?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Don't think of it in terms of time, but instead in terms of reach/frequency along with other factors that are specific to your product.

Eg. What's the size of your market? What's the sales cycle of your product? How much of your target market have you advertised your offer to and has it had time to sink in with your targets? Has your offer been made long enough to bring potential customers through the entire buying cycle?

Impulsive online buys don't need a lot of frequency or have long buying cycles; it's more about the reach.
Higher ticket items may take more time to feel 'established' and will have longer sales cycles. It may be a smaller market so frequency would be more important than reach.

Get the picture?

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Yeah that makes sense. The issue im running into I suppose is a very limited budget to run ad campaigns so I need to make sure I capitalize on my small amount of $ the best way.

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
Do you use heatmaps? It is a brilliant tool which should tell you a lot about your LP.

Also I would recommend to try inspectlet in order to record sessions. It takes some time to analyze but you will get the exact way users act on your page.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
+1

My experience has been that heatmaps can help if you are driving traffic but not converting. Without them, it's like trying to look into a black hole.

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
Sure thing. But I am guessing that @BigBrianC is going to put some traffic to the LP in the end ;)

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Just looked at heatmaps, going to install it once I get home, thanks! Ill look at inspectlet as well. Do yall know of any good guides to driving traffic on a low budget?

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
Depends on your target group, but FB Ads usually work fine for testing.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Have you thought about retargeting? It can prove very cost effective for converting visitors into customers especially if you give them a discount on the re-target with a time limit.

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
you don't have to rely on Facebook ads to validate your concept. I been validating an idea, and anyone I talk to I ask them What do they think of this idea, and would they buy it, I also found classified ads helpful too.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Alright, got heatmap and inspectlet in, but its the free version of inspectlet.

I think retargeting is a great strategy, but my concern as of right now is bringing people to the site the first time.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Alright I think I have one more question. Should I, if I decide on Facebook ads, do page advertising and advertise my page or should I just try to advertise the site?

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
From what I understand of your project I'd just advertise your site. Your offer is on the site and that's where you need to convert. But also have a FB page build in the event people want to like/share the page and follow you that way.

Site coverts to sales
FB page builds an audience.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
News Feed ad's straight to your Web Site. You can put a post with link on your FB page too as you will get quite a few likes/visits to that page and each will cost you the same as for a Web Site visitor so see if you can get them to click through from your FB page.

Use multiple images for your campaign to see which convert best.

Brett877

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 9, 2014
Missouri
I have used direct FB Ads to surveys when testing out an idea, works great. Alot of people on facebook love to take surveys or look at the "Next Big Thing". I usually throw a offer that they can win a $25 prepaid card and people tend to flock to it. Really helps get feed back on a website or an idea

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.