The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Futures

Anything related to investing, including crypto

TennisOrDie

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 13, 2014
Does anyone trade futures here?

They offer great leverage so you can make a lot of money fast, or lose it fast.
They are liquid.
There are only a few commodities/indexes you have to follow instead of 20 different stocks.

I trade using price action on a 1 hour/20 day chart and a 4 hour/90 day chart. I only trade with the trend. I use PATS Price Action Manual.

I use both Ninjatrader and ThinkorSwim.

I trade the ES, CL, and 6E.

Is anyone else in the most exciting game in the world?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Im looking at Crude Oil futures, but I am a newbie...

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Dude, I'm an absolute beginner so I do not use any software at all yet, in fact I haven't begun trading yet, but I am interested in live trading when I have cash to test it out with.

TennisOrDie

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 13, 2014
Dude, I'm an absolute beginner so I do not use any software at all yet, in fact I haven't begun trading yet, but I am interested in live trading when I have cash to test it out with.

Lol so then why did you tell me you trade crude oil if you've never placed a trade in your life. And you shouldn't wait till you have money before you begin to trade, you can begin trading on a simulator first.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Lol I said looking at, ok thanks I will test it out, I kinda have a knack for forecasting and analysis I hope that makes a difference. On the ground knowledge is helpful right? Even in futures...anyway can't talk or contribute when I have or no nothing, I will be back when I have something concrete. By the way have you made some good cash from futures already that you care to share about? Just curious, don't want to sound like another moneychaser but this is a trading thread isn't it so maybe slightly different.

RenEnergy

New Contributor
Apr 19, 2015
Do you partake in: 'Cornering the Market" ?

And before you ask, I will tell you I am a quant, so no, I don't need any canned software. I calculate the future value using the fundamental relation:

Assuming constant rates, for a simple, non-dividend paying asset, the value of the futures/forward price, F(t,T), will be found by compounding the present value S(t) at time t to maturity T by the rate of risk-free return r.

13f931f68f29ee6d7bb005fb4bacc04a.png

or, with continuous compounding

3477d9908d17639d08f757080ee31295.png

The only problem with these equations is they are not differential or integral equations. Those look much cooler. Any questions, dude ?

Does anyone trade futures here?

They offer great leverage so you can make a lot of money fast, or lose it fast.
They are liquid.
There are only a few commodities/indexes you have to follow instead of 20 different stocks.

I trade using price action on a 1 hour/20 day chart and a 4 hour/90 day chart. I only trade with the trend. I use PATS Price Action Manual.

I use both Ninjatrader and ThinkorSwim.

I trade the ES, CL, and 6E.

Is anyone else in the most exciting game in the world?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.