The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

UK Meetup

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Yeh 25th is good for me ill be there, looks like previous meet ups were held here; www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1150/25048.php so we could meet there, not very familiar with London so am open to suggestions
Ok, if there was a meeting there prior, I guess there is little point changing it.
Did you pick the City because it's dead at weekends?
Haha, no real thought process really, just thought London was almost central/neutral place... and as far as I`m aware, London is always busy ;)

Saturday 25th April @13.30pm
Caffe Nero
2 Bishopsgate Arcade,
The City Of London,
EC2M 3YD

If a few people turn up, we can arrange for the same place on the last Saturday of the month , bi monthly (every 2 months)?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Haha, no real thought process really, just thought London was almost central/neutral place... and as far as I`m aware, London is always busy ;)

The City proper is like a ghost town at weekends. So quiet that many of the shops are shut.

@ChrisJTurner You Welsh Chris? Not a Brummie?

May have to take a rain check this time around guys.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
The City proper is like a ghost town at weekends. So quiet that many of the shops are shut.

@ChrisJTurner You Welsh Chris? Not a Brummie?

May have to take a rain check this time around guys.

Nah, I'm a keen biker so I have been to Wales lots!
... and yeah, i`m a brummie; got the accent to prove it ;)

Shame you cannot make it; will be sure to be on the next one.

Caffe Nero
2 Bishopsgate Arcade,
The City Of London,
EC2M 3YD

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

tris179

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 26, 2015
Hopefully will be making the trip along. Would be great to meet and hear stories of others making their way forward. :)

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
So who is certain to come?

Dont fancy travelling to the big smoke if no one is going to turn up.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
I'll be there, am less than an hour away so not too far for me

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Ahh cool.
I'm in Birmingham so just jumping on the train (saves trying to find a parking space)

If anyone else is coming, please copy, paste and put your name to the list.

1. GSF
2. ChrisJTurner

Caffe Nero
2 Bishopsgate Arcade,
The City Of London,
EC2M 3YD

mobonobo

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 27, 2014
London
Hi guys, I'm local in London so I'll be there. Chris I used to work in Birmingham for a mobile app, its an up and coming place and lots going on! Although registered admittedly I haven't posted a lot, although I've read the book and am familiar with the principles.

Also is there any kind of agenda, or topics people would like to discuss? Not to make it a formal business meeting, just thinking of those travelling to get in London it would be good to go away with some value using our knowledge and skill sets?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The big smoke eh? Maybe I'll fly over sometime for a meetup. Would be nice to hear some English accents.

Maybe you guys would consider one in Dublin sometime?

Good luck.

Last edited:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Nah, I'm a keen biker so I have been to Wales lots!
... and yeah, i`m a brummie; got the accent to prove it ;)

Shame you cannot make it; will be sure to be on the next one.

I'm a biker myself @ChrisJTurner (and so it @Andy Black - your secret is out now mate ;) ). Which parts are you into? I generally start off at the Bus Station Cafe Abergavenny then either head up into West Wales or the heads of the valleys.

The only problem I have with those parts of Wales is the crowds lol:

CwIeJPX.jpg

Just a thought maybe for a future venue - There is a really good Wetherspoons not far from Convent Garden that makes a good meetup as it's a big pub, right by Holborn Tube Station and about 5 mins walk from Convent Garden centre so far enough away to be away from the main crowd but easy to visit after the meet. Have met their quite a few times in the last couple of years when I have had business locally.

As I said I won't be able to make this one but hopefully in a few months time when I have things ironed out my end. @Andy Black you up for one later this year mate? I can do Dublin next year. :)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
You've planted the seed now. I'll work out how to get over towards the end of the year.

Yeah, the City is dead at weekends, and full of suits during the week anyway. Can't think of that Wetherspoons near Covent Garden, but that area would be hopping any day of the week.

Lol.. apart from the Hollyhead to the M6 run that I did a lot (Dublin <-> Carlisle), I only ventured into Wales for a spin on the bike once. I got hopelessly lost as I couldn't make head nor tail of the signs... I couldn't even try to pronounce the place names.

I was on bikes for about 12 years... have been without one for a year.

Hmmm... if a tree falls in a forest and I don't have a bike, does that still make me a biker?

Last edited:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Hmmm... if a tree falls in a forest and I don't have a bike, does that still make me a biker?

Once a biker always a biker mate.

Shakespears Head:

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/shakespeares-head

I used to meet there for around 9 to 10am Saturday mornings and it was always pretty quiet. Gets busy later in the day and ram packed in the early evening.

As you know the closer you head towards Convent Garden the busier it gets but as most tourists take the tube direct to Convent Garden they fly right past Holborn Station.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Hi guys, I'm local in London so I'll be there. Chris I used to work in Birmingham for a mobile app, its an up and coming place and lots going on! Although registered admittedly I haven't posted a lot, although I've read the book and am familiar with the principles.

Also is there any kind of agenda, or topics people would like to discuss? Not to make it a formal business meeting, just thinking of those travelling to get in London it would be good to go away with some value using our knowledge and skill sets?

Yeah, Birmingham used to be a dive and I used to work in the old rag market as a kidda.
I always remember a sign on the wall saying "Beware of pickpockets" and of course people would check the pocket where their wallet is, making it a prime hot spot for the little bastards.

Hmm, there is no set agenda as we haven't got big numbers, so will be easy to change course on conversation to what you would like to talk about. Though, I would imagine business and banter will be on the top of the list ;)
If we can increase the numbers over time, maybe we could have a monthly meeting for general conversations about business and maybe have a big annual one? I don't mind hiring a venue, if we can get the numbers and I can then sell the tickets (totally non-profit).
Though the Wetherspoons in Covent Grdns the @RazorCut suggested might be a good shout.

I'm a biker myself @ChrisJTurner (and so it @Andy Black - your secret is out now mate ;) ). Which parts are you into? I generally start off at the Bus Station Cafe Abergavenny then either head up into West Wales or the heads of the valleys.

The only problem I have with those parts of Wales is the crowds lol:

Just a thought maybe for a future venue - There is a really good Wetherspoons not far from Convent Garden that makes a good meetup as it's a big pub, right by Holborn Tube Station and about 5 mins walk from Convent Garden centre so far enough away to be away from the main crowd but easy to visit after the meet. Have met their quite a few times in the last couple of years when I have had business locally.

As I said I won't be able to make this one but hopefully in a few months time when I have things ironed out my end. @Andy Black you up for one later this year mate? I can do Dublin next year. :)

I like to go all over Wales but my fave route has to be Newtown to Llandrindod Wells (Had to Google the spelling), which is an awesome road! I do like to ride to Aberystwyth too, though the last time I rode the A44 I nearly killed myself (Target fixation) and honestly officer, I was doing the speed limit ;)
Hopefully the summer will be good, so I am up for a ride out in Wales at some point.

1. GSF
2. ChrisJTurner
3. M.Roger

Caffe Nero
2 Bishopsgate Arcade,
The City Of London,
EC2M 3YD

geekboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Nov 8, 2013
Cheshire, UK
Ah go on then. Count me in.

Not been too active on the forum but read it pretty much every day and read TMF a few times so should hopefully have a vague idea of what you guys are talking about!

1. GSF
2. ChrisJTurner
3. M.Roger
4. geekboy

Look forward to meeting you all

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Ahh cool, the more the merrier.

Really looking forward to it!

1. GSF
2. ChrisJTurner
3. M.Roger
4. geekboy

Anyone else?

Caffe Nero
2 Bishopsgate Arcade,
The City Of London,
EC2M 3YD

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Ok, sounds cool

Well, just so everyone knows who to look for, look for me, I'm the guy in my avatar. (not sure who big this place is)

1. GSF
2. ChrisJTurner
3. M.Roger
4. geekboy
5. RichyV

Caffe Nero
2 Bishopsgate Arcade,
The City Of London,
EC2M 3YD

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Have a great meetup guys!
Wish I could have made it this time.

RichyV

Death Is Winning. Do Something.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Aug 31, 2014
Sorry guys, I can't make it - thought I would be able to crash at my mates tonight, but he won't be there

Have a good one!

geekboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Nov 8, 2013
Cheshire, UK
Just about to get the train now. Will be arriving at London Euston at 11.50 if anyone's gonna be there a bit earlier

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Just about to get the train now. Will be arriving at London Euston at 11.50 if anyone's gonna be there a bit earlier
I'm already in London, not far from Liverpool St station so I'm around if you fancy meeting up before time.
I'll pm you my number

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
If you couldn't make it this time, it's cool. They'll be another one anyway. ;)

If you are coming either turn up or pm me and we'll see you there.
If location changes (if good seating not available), we'll post up the location (will be very close)
So I'll keep this updated.

Loving this constant 4g signal in the big smoke!
It's rare for me being rural where I live ;)

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
A big thanks to everyone that showed up yesterday!

I really enjoyed the meeting and its was great to hear other perspectives about business.
I didnt get much sleep last night as I lay awake thinking about all the stuff that we covered.

What I learnt, in no particular order of importance.

Accountability
How we all need that kick up the backside to keep us all on track.
Yes, next meeting I WILL be holding you all accountable for you progression ;)

Affiliate marketing & mobile advertising
Thanks to Mark, we all had a master class in affiliate marketing and explained in simple terms (although I was confused for the most part) the in and outs and gave us some great tips on how to utilise these.

Web design fundamentals
We all agreed in unison that in order to learn everything to do with coding, would detract focus from other aspects of business.
Though, important to understands the frameworks of design and back-end.

E-commerce
Some great advice given here about the various different aspects of ecommerce with a view on how to penetrate various markets throughout the world.
Given that this is the space that I want to occupy, it was great to have uncomfortable questions thrown at me about my business, so I will be taking time to lay out plan and hopefully have some definitive answers next time.
Ade also had some interesting insights on how he wanted to serve the customer in different ways through his platform.

Freedom & family is very important.
Gregg really brought it home to me the importance of this and has forced me to question on how I move forward with my relationships in the future.
I'm guilty of being selfish in this department but just listening to Gregg brought some home truths to me.

Focus
Great conversation with Alex on focusing on my goals and really just nailing what I am doing now. Also fm some great insights on who I should be looking at other avenues to generate revenue.

Philosophy
Gregg you really missed out on a great conversation here.
We spoke about the meaning of life and the definition of purpose.
I'd always leaned towards stoicism but the conversation yesterday has forced me to question my purpose. Very thought provoking.
Best conversation of the day!

London has the best F*cking burgers in the world!
Trendy yet scruffy part of town produced the best burger i have ever tasted.

There is much more I have missed here but I am looking forward to the next one!

Thanks guys ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.