The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Don't Learn to Code?!!

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
#property copyright "what?"
#property link "who cares!"

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| couldn't recall a fancy comment here |
int start()
{
//----
int digits = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_DIGITS);
double value = NormalizeDouble(WindowPriceOnDropped(),digits);
for(int i=OrdersTotal()-1;i>=0;i--)
{
if(!OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES))
continue;
if(OrderSymbol()!=Symbol())
continue;

RefreshRates();

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)
if(value<Bid)
OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),value, OrderTakeProfit(),OrderExpiration(),White);
if(OrderType()==OP_SELL)
if(value>Ask)
OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),value, OrderTakeProfit(),OrderExpiration(),White);
if((OrderType()==OP_BUYSTOP) || (OrderType()==OP_BUYLIMIT))
if(value<OrderOpenPrice())
if((OrderType()==OP_SELLSTOP) || (OrderType()==OP_SELLLIMIT))
if(value>OrderOpenPrice())
}
return(0);
}

I assume there are a few coders here. this is a specialized language called MQL. I was wondering what it looked like in terms of more common languages. It's a simple script code. I have heard it is similar to C++. Can someone verify this for me?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
I assume there are a few coders here. this is a specialized language called MQL. I was wondering what it looked like in terms of more common languages. It's a simple script code. I have heard it is similar to C++. Can someone verify this for me?

Can't tell if that was sarcasm... soooo

Hahaha yes it's a C based language. The syntax is almost identical in many of the C based languages like C++, C#, Java, PHP, and Objective-C. There's only a few differences in syntax and supported data types and tools which makes switching C-based languages a breeze. :D

if you were to put that into any of the other C based languages, it would be nearly identical.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Can't tell if that was sarcasm... soooo

Hahaha yes it's a C based language. The syntax is almost identical in many of the C based languages like C++, C#, Java, PHP, and Objective-C. There's only a few differences in syntax and supported data types and tools which makes switching C-based languages a breeze. :D

if you were to put that into any of the other C based languages, it would be nearly identical.
Thanks. I Learned BASIC many years ago when home computers were beginning their popularity. So that will be helpful. Do they even use Basic anymore? LOL

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Thanks. I Learned BASIC many years ago when home computers were beginning their popularity. So that will be helpful. Do they even use Basic anymore? LOL

Hahaha to my understanding, no, unless you're working with a serious legacy system. For some-what familiar syntax... Microsoft still supports Visual Basic but serious programmers just use C# because of syntax.

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
I recall @limitup AMA post about his success online and he totally recommended learning at least the basics + php and mysql. He said that knowing how to tweak your own stuff was the difference between him and his competition that needed to have someone else take care of the constant changes that are required. Apparently he was pulling 6 figure months consistently and made millions online.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
This question comes up ALL the time.

The answer is that its contextual. What's right for one person may not be right for another.

I will most likely never learn to code and it won't limit the amount of money I can make. That's MY situation.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I've been on both sides of this, and my conclusion is
a) you don't need to
b) don't be afraid to

It will not transform your business abilities but it will compliment them, if you have like no money at all, lol.

I have found actual writing very helpful.
So truth is, whatever extra skill you have, you have to learn how to apply it.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
I changed my perspective , If your workday has you going through tweaks here and there it's worth it to learn code to "ninja' a few things here and there.
While my focus is on sales and marketing, picking up at least the basics of css and html has proven to be quite handy in split testing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.