The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
Grant cardone's 10X Rule. Basically stating rules aren't real and to just add zeros to whatever income you think you can obtain. I like him. He can come across as a tool at times but is a very good leader and actually lives it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HeresMyThing

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Sep 1, 2014
6 Months to 6 Figures by Peter Voogd. Nice compilation of cliff notes from other 5 star reads (Millionaire Fastlane , Miracle Morning, etc.) Before I made the connection that he was from this forum/on this forum I said this guy has to have been influenced by MJ DeMarco. I could just tell right away. And then I saw it... He quoted MJ in the book.

Overall, I liked the part about your mental, physical and emotional energy the best. I felt it was a lot of other authors thoughts concisely (re)packaged and reiterated with a nice bow for a new (younger) reader.

No shade though Peter. Cheers to your success and I def think your book can help a younger, aspiring entrepreneur most, and I believe thats who your book is targeted to, so good job!

What was Peter Voogd's screen name here?

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
Do audiobooks count? "One Simple Idea" by Stephen Key. I purchased the 7-Disc CD set, ripped the discs to .mp3s, and put them on my phone, so I can listen anywhere.

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
10x Rule by Grant Cardone

I think there's a huge cult of personality around him, and he's not my favorite... but just because I don't want to get a beer with him doesn't mean his book has nothing to teach. Plus it's a library book. Can't beat free knowledge :)

Also, it's an insanely fast read even though it's about 2x longer than it should be. I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10.

I'm not sure what my next book will be, but I'd really like to find a copy of Awaken the Giant Within. I also have this circuit-design textbook from 1974 that is begging me to do the exercises in it. :hungry:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just finished listening to "Ready, Fire, Aim" by Michael Masterson. Ordered the book too and it should arrive this week together with "The 7 Day Startup" by Dan Norris (the extra book made postage free so might as well get two).

Also just finished listening to "Anything You Want" by Derek Sivers. Great little audio book... only 90 mins.

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
Just finished listening to "Ready, Fire, Aim" by Michael Masterson. Ordered the book too and it should arrive this week together with "The 7 Day Startup" by Dan Norris (the extra book made postage free so might as well get two).

Also just finished listening to "Anything You Want" by Derek Sivers. Great little audio book... only 90 mins.

Ready, Fire, Aim just made my to-read list recently... I think it was because of a podcast interview I heard him on in the past couple of weeks. I wish I could remember which podcast it was. It was a great interview.

If anybody is interested in sharing books or recommendations on goodreads, I'm at https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/9505784-jesse

Jason Dinner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 21, 2014
Just finished "The Automatic Customer" by John Warrilow.

About halfway through Gary Halbert's "The Boron Letters" -> Must read for anyone who wants to learn direct response marketing and copywriting from an OG

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
With Ready, Fire, Aim I had the option of either buying a hard cover copy or getting the audio book via Audible, since it's not available for Kindle. I got the audio book instead of buying it as a physical book...

I used to like audio books, but now I'd rather just read any book on Kindle. I should have one more Audible credit soon so I figure I should use it for another book that has the same options as Ready, Fire, Aim. Meaning it's not available on Kindle, but it's available on Audible.

TL;DR ... Can anyone please recommend a great book that's not on Kindle, but on Audible?

The only book I knew that fit that description was Ready, Fire, Aim -- that's why I'm asking if there's another.

P.S. I'll happily transfer $100 rep to you if you can. :)

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
"Abundance: The future is better than you think" by Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler. Inspirational in a philanthropic way and helps blow away limiting beliefs.

@DanielTArgueta Available on Audible.

I have a list of Audible books I've listened to over the last year. PM me and I'll sent it to you.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I responded to Daniel's PM but after documenting the long list I thought I might as well share it here for others too. Like anything, some of these were really good, others horrid, and some were mediocre. Each book represents a step in my journey to finding TMF and growing from there.

I started out buying audiobooks on iTunes before migrating over to Audible.

iTunes
"Think and Grow Rich" by Napolean Hill
"4 Hour Work Week" by Tim Ferris
"Vababonding" by Rolf Potts
"The Art of Learning: An Inner Journey to Optimal Performance" by Josh Waitzkin
"The Art of Mental Training: A Guide to Performance Excellence" by D.C. Gonzalez
"Daily Rituals: How Artists Work" by Mason Currey
"The Obstacle is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumphs" by Ryan Holiday
"Pitch Anything: An Innovation Method for Presenting, Pursuading, and Winning the Deal" by Oren Klaff
"The Impact Equation: Are You Making Things Happen or Just Making Noise" by Chris Brogan and Julien Smith
"The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It" by Michael E. Gerber
"Drive" The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us" by Daniel H. Pink
"The Magic of Thinking Big" by David J. Shwartz, Ph.D.
"The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy" by Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D. and William D. Danko, Ph.D.
"The Millionaire Real Estate Investor" by Gary Keller, and Dave Jenks
"One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work" by Stephen Key

Audible
"Zero to One" by Peter Thiel and Black Masters
"How Google Works" by Eric Schmidt, Jonathan Rosenberg and Alan Eagle
"The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers" by Ben Horowitz
"Abundance: The Future is Better Than You Think" by Steven Kotler and Peter Diamandis
"Read, Fire, Aim: Zero to $100 Million in No Time Flat" by Michael Masterson
"The Education of Millionaires: It's Not What You Think and It's Not Too Late" by Michael Ellsberg
"Inside the Box" by Drew Boyd and Jacob Goldenberg
"The ONE Thing" by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
"The Top 2%: How to Become the Highest-Paid, Highest-Profile Person in Your Industry" by Nightingale Conant Learning Systems
"Finding Your Element: How to Discover Your Talents and Passions and Transform Your Life" by Ken Robinson and Lou Aronica
"The Personal MBA: Master the Art of Business" by Josh Kaufman

Ones I'm likely to listen to next...
"BOLD: How to Go Big, Create Wealth, and Impact the World" by Steven Kotler and Peter Diamandis
"The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses" by Eric Ries
"Street Smarts: An All-Purpose Tool Kit for Entrepreneurs" by Norm Brodsky and Bo Burlingham

Yeah...all that in about 13 months... Can you tell that I have a long commute? :)

I also just stumbled on this e-book at Amazon "The Real Estate Fastlane: The Real Book to Becoming a Millionaire Real Estate Investor. But it! Rent it! Profit!" by Marco Devor. The cover looks remarkably similar to TMF . It's uncanny actually. Don't you think @MJ DeMarco?

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
@LateStarter Thank you for the list! Rep $ sent. :tiphat: That's a great opportunity to listen to audio books though and there's definitely value in them (referring to my previous post). That's actually a perfect scenario for when they're the best pick.

Believe it or not I went with the first one you listed...

Think and Grow Rich (1937 Edition): The Original 1937 Unedited Edition
Written by: Napoleon Hill
Narrated by: Fred Stella

I just got it on Audible and I'll listen to it right now while I do some cardio exercise. I have it on Kindle already, but I decided it's a classic that I should have the audio book for. Thank you again and I see some books on your list that I plan to read over the year. The best of fortune to you. :)

Grinning-Jack

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 8, 2015
With Ready, Fire, Aim I had the option of either buying a hard cover copy or getting the audio book via Audible, since it's not available for Kindle. I got the audio book instead of buying it as a physical book...

I used to like audio books, but now I'd rather just read any book on Kindle. I should have one more Audible credit soon so I figure I should use it for another book that has the same options as Ready, Fire, Aim. Meaning it's not available on Kindle, but it's available on Audible.

TL;DR ... Can anyone please recommend a great book that's not on Kindle, but on Audible?

The only book I knew that fit that description was Ready, Fire, Aim -- that's why I'm asking if there's another.

P.S. I'll happily transfer $100 rep to you if you can. :)
PM me what ebook/s you're looking for. I have a store with ebooks on different subject.

fastlanebeast876

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 10, 2015
@Noivikk Millionaire Mind is the next book im reading.

Currently Reading Mastery By Robert Greene and So good they can't ignore you by Cal Newport

I have always been a believer that whatever skills i acquire in life will help me out with my future ventures. It has also helped being arond my brothers and sisters who have all owned businesses. So for now, while im still working a job im learning as much as i can about the businesses i work. These two books are helping me with that.

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
Almost finished How To Win Friends And Influence People, which I thought was the best book ever until I started on Jeff Olson's The Slight Edge today. Looking magnificent so far.

It's mind blowing how simple the ideas in these books are, yet still 99 % (including myself until now) rarely implement any of them on a daily basis.

After these two, I plan on reading Secrets of The Millionaire Mind by Harv Eker.

Trivium iz rC

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jan 23, 2014
@H. Palmer Were did you find a hard copy of Dan Pena's "Your First 100 Million" been looking for one and haven't been able to find anything

happybhoy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 2, 2015
Ecosse
Cashvertising just arrived and advanced google adwords on the way.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.