The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Corinn

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Apr 9, 2015
Austin, TX
I've read it, and re-read it more than once. The book along with the 4HWW and Felix Dennis' How to Get Rich (cheesy name - great content) served as my inspiration for taking the leap. My parents and friends still think I'm crazy for not following slowlane mentality - but the idea of working for someone else to eventually retire in poor health just doesn't add up for me.

BruceWayne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Feb 26, 2009
Wisconsin, USA
Despite the fact that I signed up on the forum back in 2009, I didn't read the book until just about a month ago. Good stuff all around. It gave me the kick in the pants I needed!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

doncruz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 14, 2014
Mexico
Hey! I read the book, actually reread it!!
Now I go through it anytime I feel lost or stuck. Mind blowing and eye opener!
If you need a kick in the butt to start working towards achieving your dreams, read this book.

X3cyO

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 12, 2015
Hawaii
Its kind of my bible really. Ive read it multiple times, in sections to memorize as much as possible. Right now, im re-reading, and taking more notes/making personal connections to last 3/4ths of the book.

46driver (PD)

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 19, 2015
Virginia Beach
The forum led me to the book and just finished the book today (wanted to finish before joining). It is a great book and was able to give me the focus I needed to realize where I want to go. I knew that I wanted to come up with a solution for a need but what I was missing is the fact that I really want to come up with a solution to a need where I can impact and help millions. I hope to be able to learn from many people here and I hope that I can help someone also. Cheers to the beginning of the journey.

ions

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 26, 2012
MJ,

I read your book two years ago. Last week I bought the audio as I realized I need the Fast Lane mindset to be cemented into my subconscious. I listen to your audio book when I drive. I read your book while I am on the bathroom throne each morning as well.

shangbang

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 4, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
I've read the book and it has helped change me life. I'm doing my best to live it!

Also got the book for the girlfriend to read, hoping that she will see the light and understand where I am coming from.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Never posted in this thread even though I read, lol. I read the book and the most resounding part to me was how many of my own thoughts were reverberated in the book, almost as if someone took my thoughts and added a bunch to them. Pretty amazing to me. Awesome book

maggiesumagang

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Apr 20, 2015
Philippines
I read this eye-opening book. A lot of the things said in this book are actually evident--but I just failed to observe them in the past. Now, I'm keen to business opportunities, pain-points, and I tend to observe existing companies on why they're successful. Even though I quit work to start a business BEFORE reading this book, I owe a lot of my motivation from reading TMF .

Donovon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 8, 2015
Sunnyvale, California
Read the book. It was like all my disjointed thoughts being organized for me along with thoughts and experiences I would develop over the next 10 years if I stayed on my current path.

Since time is the only resource we don't get back, thanks for the shortcut.

Gaudeamus

Three yards and a cloud of dust
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Mar 21, 2015
Japan
I finished the book today. It's an amazing book, probably the most important book on true freedom and wealth creation I have read so far.. I have one regret - I wish the book had already been written and I had chosen to read it 30 years ago when I started my working career (I am 54 years old). The book taught me many gems of wisdom which blew my mind. For example:
  • Don't demote time as abundant and effervescent.
  • Don't trade your time for money.
  • Don't use compound interest for wealth, but for income.
  • "Assuming responsibility" without holding oneself accountable doesn't mean shit.
  • Don't fuel your motivation by "doing something you love", but fuel it by passion.
  • Don't assign faith to events, but to process.
  • Don't chase a path of money, but a path of need.
  • Use decision tools like Worst Case Consequence Analysis and Weighted Average Decision Matrix to start making better choices
I could go on and on.This book is a real game changer. It introduced me to a new paradigm, a true path to real wealth and freedom. It already had a tremendous impact on me. I decided to switch to the fastlane, whatever it takes. I already joined a 1-on-1 coaching program offered by an experienced fellow fastlaner and started the process. Hey, Colonel Saunders succeeded with Kentucky Fried Chickens when he was in his sixties, so I'm a spring chicken! I am sure that this forum will help me focus on the essentials, get off my butt and start engaging with the world, but on different terms than my slowlane life so far. I will report.

Anyway, I don't know how to thank you, MJ, for writing this amazing book.

Arima

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Apr 25, 2015
I finished this book yesterday. And boy... what can i say. It was one hell of a ride. I never had the ambition to become an entrepreneur. This book showed me a new light and has inspired me to be a fastlaner.

MatthewJM

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 24, 2015
Australia
Read it,
Greetings from Australia also, thank You for the best gift you could have given me, before I read MFL I had no real direction in life, no purpose, nothing to get up for in the morning.
I'm only just starting up my life, I'm 17 with the worries of either going to University (college), getting a job or getting a trade, I never really wanted to do that, and now I have realised I don't really need to either. You have shaped the rest of my life, and I thank you for that MJ.
Cheers.
- Matt

krtw

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 19, 2015
Madrid
Just finished reading, very enlightening, has had various positive effects on my actions since I've started. Great read!

Austin Sarwar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Mar 22, 2015
Florida
I really enjoyed reading this book it defiantly changed the way I view life and wealth. I seriously felt hopeless before reading this thinking about taking out massive loans to go to school. Now I realize while school may be helpful for some it won't help me to be in tremendous debt. I'm just searching for needs I can fill now I know eventually I'll find one and until then I will hustle e commerce. Thanks for the book

Maria i Carrera

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Jan 16, 2015
I read the book. I can't believe that after so many years trying so many "guru" advises and reading countless books ,,,,I have NEVER read one like this. I'm 46yo and I'm totally confident. But, how is it possible that my entire family and 99% of the people I know are so hard pressed to be on the slow/side walk lanes. My entire life I have been ridiculed and teased just because I didn't believe in doing 20 years at a job then retiring. i just laughed at them and said "you will see"!!! I really enjoyed it and I thank you for motivating us. It's a lonely world out here. But I love the struggle, I know I will make it happen.

JDRose

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 15, 2015
I have read it, booked marked it, loved it, and now it is time to live it! Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.