The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Warning: Shoe Failure Polyurethane

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I don't know if I'm in the right section, but this was brought to my attention today. I've never experienced this before until today. But seems to be a huge problem for many people. Maybe, just a good way to make those aware who want to create shoes and sell them to customers.

Polyurethane is not a good material to use. While I just had a good laugh today, because I try to find the humor in situations, I don't think everyone would find it a nice experience in certain circumstances. And I can't imagine being a business owner and selling a bunch of shoes made out of a material they know will fail.

I decided to go for a hike in the woods, only to find out the more I walked through the woods, the more my shoes fell literally apart. I've never seen anything like it in my life. First some crumbles. Second both soles came off, and then the sides crumbled some more, and by gosh, soon I was almost barefoot, yes, I could feel the mud, the water, and so my walk was limited to a short period of time.

So, I decided to look this up on Google. And what do you know. Tons of people experience the same thing. I can guarantee you from now on, I will always check what materials my shoes are made out of, because frankly, in the right circumstances this could just be very bad even in a business meeting, in the middle of a longer hike in the mountains, or some other situation. And what if you're not close to your car, on a plane, or in some other inconvenient place where you can't just buy another pair of shoes.

So, I hope if you designing or selling shoes, you're a smarter Entrepreneur and not use this material or sell shoes with this material.

http://www.phlmetropolis.com/2011/11/the-case-of-the-crumbling-shoes.php

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

It was sort of like this, and still laughing about it, because I've never seen anything like it.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
It even looks so weak and brittle.
That's what I was thinking when I was walking through the woods. I have no clue why they would make shoes knowing this, and then you're out somewhere and falling apart and crumbling.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
.... if you go down to the woods today, you're sure of a big suprise

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.