The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Having doubts and 2nd thoughts :/ should I continue??

Anything related to matters of the mind

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
I am almost finished with the Exotic/Bespoke/Personalized (idk which is best to use) Concierge Services basic foundation of my website, after 3 full revisions. Should be finished this week after I receive my destination write-ups. You can check it out here...
www.presidentialplayground.com
and I go by this catchy name (at least I think it is): PresPlayServices, or PresPlayTravel on social media

I got into developing this business because I love to travel and I do travel a lot. I have been to and experienced a lot from all the destinations I wish to cater to. I want to help people have their fun like I did and make money at the same time. Also, my basic goal here is to meet like-minded professional people and hopefully be presented with better quality friends and new opportunities.

So, I love to travel, I love to have fun, I love when others are having fun as well, and I love to meet new and likeminded people, maybe learn something or 2 from them and even maybe open doors to new opportunities. Seems like I found my passion and niche here. Well, not so fast. My 2nd thoughts/ Doubts is with the fact that this seems to be looking very similar, but not the same, to the nightlife industry. Which I know is a huge facade. I've spoken to many people about my services, but they don't seem to know why they would need my services. I get this impression that people just see me as somebody that can get them prostitutes or something and arrange bottle service for them at nightclubs, Im not getting good vibes here.

I've spent hundreds of hours constructing, reconstructing, and expanding my site, gathering and organizing key information, and quite a bit of money by traveling and getting more accurate information and meeting with people that can provide certain services.

Whats wrong here? Well, I want to to provide professional people with, what I feel, is a professional service but I don't want to come off as this "clown" and I don't wish to attract the wrong crowd. Am I swimming upstream with this project?? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
tatkuioi.1g1.jpg

This is your second thread, I remember your old one where everyone told you to stop wasting money on trips to Dubai and sell something, looks like you didn't listen.

Go out, find a potential customer, find out what THEY want, and sell it to them. They don't care about you, or what you want. have you even read the book? They don't care about your website or your trip to Dubai, UNLESS, it can benefit them. Find out what they want before you waste any more money as I think you'll be surprised to find they don't give a F*ck about your social media following when all they want is a luxury holiday which may not even be in Dubai seriously.

EDIT: I just read this part "I've spoken to many people about my services, but they don't seem to know why they would need my services."
Either you're talking to the wrong people or you need to quit.

"I get this impression that people just see me as somebody that can get them prostitutes or something and arrange bottle service for them at nightclubs, Im not getting good vibes here."
Or provide them what they want if that's what they want.

READ THE BOOK

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
Yes, I was the person that went to Dubai, it was a risk I took... I understand what you guys have told me in that thread. I'll order the book as well. The website is set up as a backbone to show my business. What i'm asking NOW is, is this a frowned upon/fake kind of industry? Like the impression I got with the nightlife industry (which I ventured in to for the musical side of things, but pulled out) I have the financial structure set up on my end, now need the clients. Where would you suggest I look for my "authentic" clientele? (Car shows? Boat Shows??) And if they don't really exist, am I just waisting my time with this?

P.S. Did you highlight all those I's? or is that just me...

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
He probably CTRL + F "i" and it gets highlighted.

Where would you suggest I look for my "authentic" clientele?

That's business 101 buddy. That what being in business means, having a thing you want to sell, and finding people to sell it to. If you spent all this time and money on travelling to Dubai and building this website, I got news for you son, you've got 99 problems but a viable business pitch aint one.

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
Yea, you know what. I did focus a ton of my time on attempting to perfect the website. Was under the impression that a potential client would at least like to see something other than just trust my word. Basically was attempting to sell with something to show. A lot to see but no clients... Well, since my site is finished. How would you guys suggest I go about finding my clients? Ad's? Events? where should I invest my time and money? Set up a booth at a show or expo or something?

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
My suggestion, redo the main portions of the website to look more professional, and less like a default blog. It looks more like an affiliate link site than a professional booking service.

I would also suggest redoing the copy and making it more tailored to your audience and the experiences they can have. I'd also take a look into higher resolution photos.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Seems to be a bit of a chicken and egg scenario here. On one hand you're not sure what you're selling, on the other you're not sure who you're selling to. So your options are, identify a market and ask what they want you to sell them, or identify a product and try to sell it to a market. In either case you should come away with the ability to tell people what you do in a single sentence.

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
@Chaseb731 That is a good suggestion. When you say main portion, where exactly do you mean? The home page? I can have that re-written to focus on describing the services. I chose this layout so the site does not look empty. The pics, yes, I agree. I realized the other day that pictures have to be at least 750px or else they look distorted when stretched. There is still a lot of work I need to put in to get the site up to par, and I am doing all of this myself. Thank you guys for all the advise, all suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
Pretty much every page except the blog.

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
Pretty much every page except the blog.
So basically, simplify it? Get rid of the sub pages and sum everything up on the single page? @randomnumber314 so focus on, lets say, bachelor parties to las vegas? Selling that service? Personally, I am not attempting to run my business just from my site, the site is there more for informational purposes. I plan to find customers out in the field, like shows and expos. Was curious to see what you guys had to suggest

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
Better yet, I'll approach my clientele, at lets say, a yacht show, and ask them what they think of my services and/or my site, and ask how I can change it to improve. Win win ;)

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Better yet, I'll approach my clientele, at lets say, a yacht show, and ask them what they think of my services and/or my site, and ask how I can change it to improve. Win win ;)

Get a sale from them, ask them what they want, the site shouldn't be important, the only thing that matters is convincing them you can organise an event for them so amazing that they want to buy from you right then and there. To convince them instead of a nice site you probably need great stories, happy well known customers, and some photos of people enjoying some events you've organised. To do this you could probably offer the same package every time so they know what to expect, then after selling your core package to a lot of people, sell your previous customers a new package, and go from there. The first package will be the hardest to sell but once you have photos and testimonials highlighting how great and unique it is and how trusted you are it will get easier, I imagine referrals will be a huge part of this business too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
@BookwormMitch I was thinking of a different approach, but yours is much better with an honest and solid foundation. I think you nailed it. I'll post my progress here and in a new thread after I test this solution.

P.S. I'll test in The Hamptons and avoid expensive trips to Dubai, haha!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
but they don't seem to know why they would need my services.

Hate to say it, man, but that might be your first clue.

How can you frame it to what they want? What DO they want? If you can't do that, then you might not have a service that is needed.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Ok, let's say I want to go to Miami for 2 weeks for a vacation. I have a budget of $10,000. Now what happens?

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
Ok, let's say I want to go to Miami for 2 weeks for a vacation. I have a budget of $10,000. Now what happens?
I like this game :) What happens now? Well, I would essentially need more information from you...When are you leaving? Lets assume in 2 months. Reason for travel? lets assume pleasure. People? lets assume 2. Where in Miami? Ok, you want to party, you need a place to stay... Fontainebleu would be your best bet... It houses the best nightclub (superclub) in Miami, Why the best? stats say and I have personally been there. And the hotel is far enough away from the touristy stuff for you to relax in peace on the beach (I could set you in at the Ritz at Lincoln and Collins, but that is the heart of south beach and tourists) Now, lets recalculate... 14 nights, dinner reservations, Flight from PHX to MIA on American, all this would run you roughly around $6500. Now, we have $3500. Lets assume we do reach our 10k budget... there is still a 16% Service Fee** for this, but I'll make it 15% for you ;) so that leaves us with $2000 to play with. So, lets assume a helicopter tour. That will run around $500 easy. This is a party trip, so a visit to that superclub liv is a MUST, thats another $500 easy ($80 covers for guys and $40 for girls (crazy, i know!) but you wont need to pay those because i'd be setting you up with a table (IDK if there is a table minimum at the moment, but im sure there usually is of $1000, but lets assume not)) So now we are left with $1000. Oh, we forgot the car rental! Convertible? and mid-sized for the sake of the discussion (I'd usually resort to exotics, but a with 10k budget, not gonna happen, especially with a $1500 minimum rental deposit) now we are left with $500. With that, I'd present you with a few more options and tourist attractions (assuming paid attractions), and take it from there.

P.S. The prices listed are hypothetical, yet accurate.

**You may check service fee's here :) http://www.presidentialplayground.com/contracts-and-policies/
Howd I do? lol!

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Do I just wire you $10,000. You book the airfare, hotels, etc... everything. So the question is, is your service worth $1600 to me? That seems like a hefty fee. If hotel rooms are booked, placed sold out, reservations full for 2 weeks, can you get me into these places?

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
@biophase Honestly, 10k for 2 weeks in Miami is a pretty tight budget and my services to you might seem a little, well, unpractical. In this case, I would explain in detail what I am doing (The luxury of arranging ALL of your reservations. restaurants, hotels, flight, car, nightlife, events, attractions, etc. It's that convenience for you.), I'd present to you this package as well as others to fully personalize your trip, and for a potential client of a trip like this, I would be willing to negotiate the service fee since the budget seems to be tight. I do want positive feedback and would prefer to not turn people away. As for payment options, yes a wire transfer of either the full amount (which results in 15% service charge) or per service and/or per day (which would result in 18% service fee must be paid up front) your budget is 10k, lets assume your average food cost will run 2 of you $150 per day on average. So, 10k - 2100, you would wire over $7900. I have all necessary authorization forms for this. If you prefer to make all reservations using a credit card of yours, I would need that credit card information and would get your authorization to use the card to make reservations and charge the service fee in full, unless stated otherwise. As for guaranteeing the hotel for 2 weeks, I would not see that being a problem, and if it is, I would present you with a different, yet equal option. Honestly, since you would be going for 2 weeks, I would contact a property manager and get you set up in a private condo some place by or at the beach. Which would probably come out to the same price.

P.S. I'll be point blank... I encourage my clients to call me if there is any problems. My services cover the phone calls and drama I would have to deal with incase something does not play out as planned. If something goes wrong, the first thing a client will say is "I paid $1500 for this shit to happen? oooh noo... I'm calling this guy and have him fix it NOW!) It could be 3am or 1pm, it doesn't matter to them.

@rwiman yes, that place is pretty crazy, lol! I grew out of the superclub fad, been thee done that soo many times its no adventure for me anymore. I prefer lounges now.

Last edited:

3things

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 17, 2013
Canadia
Sorry to say but the website doesn't to my mind meet the quality of a high-end travel agent/concierge. From what i saw your service also seems to be a travel agent, not a full service concierge. Get rid of the blathering crap and explain the services you offer [doesn't seem to currently exist on the site], and why the hell I should trust you. If you're going for the truly higher end markets/1%-er clientele, you're going to need to look utterly 100% professional. They want to know you can go get them that limited edition Breguet watch or new Vertu phone that is sold out everywhere, a table at the hot new sold out restaurant, a helicopter, etc etc. right the hell now.

High-end clientele does not want to read blog posts about your favourite supercars or watches, they already own them. They do not care for your twitter feed about riding in a Ferarri. They want to know what you can do for them, and how it will benefit them. Also, why would i pay for your service, when my Vertu phone and Amex etc come complete with complimentary concierge services, and I have a nanny and a PA already?

You need to come across as professional, utterly discreet, totally trustworthy, highly efficient (to some degree i suppose like a slightly subservient equal - think high-end butler). Here's a leading competitor who's been around in the higher-end concierge space a long while: https://www.quintessentially.com (observe their services). Look at other super-luxury brands and their websites. Achieving high-end look/feel doesn't have to cost a fortune either - example: http://themeforest.net/item/prestige-responsive-multipurpose-landing-page/10637223

Sorry if harsh but trying to help :) I think you need to figure out who you're targeting first off, and as others have said go try and find out what they want. Right now, it's kind of feeling like aspirational middle class travel agency (your choice of brand name reflects this, and the name/website is kinda ok for this market proabably). If you're going to go truly high-end then you need to change your approach.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Not to sound shitty but...

1. Stop everything you're doing and read the damn book!

Where would you suggest I look for my "authentic" clientele? (Car shows? Boat Shows??) And if they don't really exist, am I just waisting (edit 'wasting') my time with this?

2. Understand why ANY client would value your service. I'm guessing based on their level of income they aren't going to give a rats-a$$ about "10% off booking" that you're advertising on your site. I'm also guessing that they likely already have people that can book travel for them. What sets you apart from a personal assistant, high-end admin, or whomever else they may have doing this for them already? What need are you hoping to fill that they don't have filled already? What's your USP?

3. Based on your USP, understand who your ideal client is. You'll never find them if you don't know anything about them (other than they have money). Don't ask us who your clients are or where to find them. You should know way more about them than we do. If you have a USP and you don't know who your clients are then either find a new USP or get researching!

4. Seek out your clients and sell to them directly first. This type of a service doesn't require a website to start. It requires hustle. Get a job doing this for one person. Yes, a JOB! Tune your craft by doing the work. Build a process on how to do it repeated and consistently without F*cking anything up.

5. Use word of mouth networking and recommendations to build a reputation for service excellence. What is service excellence for your customers? Never be seen but be everywhere? Fulfill their needs before they know they need it (and certainly before they ask)? Go back to your USP and make sure it aligns so you know you're providing them with the value they expect. Otherwise pivot.

If you can do the 5 points above then you can build a website and start scaling your process. The way I see it, right now you did everything a$$-backwards and have nothing to show for it. From the name of your site and your posts in this thread, I get the feeling that this business is more about your desire to piggy-back on your client's lifestyle rather than you being able to really provide something to benefit others. Rethink your position! The book will help.

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
You are right. The 1% ers probably don't need my services if they have an AMEX card (I guess its safe to say, I should do some more research on what AMEX and Vertu can and cannot provide) As much as i'd want to cater to that 1%, Idk how to approach them and not come off as a fake. How DO I get them to trust me? I plan to go to a couple of Yacht shows and hang out in The Hampton's to get to know my clientele a little better. Until I do that and learn their ways, maybe I am better off with the middle class trying to break out of the norm I suppose.

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
@LateStarter, So I went ahead and started reading the book, I'm up to part 4, Mediocrity. Still have a long way to go and a lot to learn i'm sure. From what I have read and learned, the book seems to validate that I should probably target my services to the "Sidewalker: Income Rich" and that also answers your #3 and #4 question. I understand the work I have to put into my project and am doing so, I do take responsibility for the mistakes I have made and have learned from them, and I understand there are no shortcuts. I suppose I was seeking a validation or approval from people that might have been there or have had experience in this field. Also, I'm not saying it's impossible to target the wealthy, I seem to have realized I would have a much harder time selling to them as they're not that loose with their money. I feel like I would have more consistency with this middle class market.

M&A

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jan 13, 2015
Paris
For your website:
Get a dark theme (luxury is conveyed best thought black, limos, high end credit cards etc all black)
Better logo
A call to action form, copying and pasting an email address is a turn away.
Make it more corporate not blog like

INSTAGRAM IS A HUGE MARKETING MACHINE FOR BUSINESSES LIKE YOURS, POST LUXURY STUFF, CARS, JETS, MODELS, HOMES, HOLIDAY DESTINATIONS ETC.

I CHECKED OUT THE INSTAGRAM PAGE YOU HAVE, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE PICTURES OF YOURSELF.

BELIEVE ME YOUR CLIENTS DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU LIVING YOUR PERSONAL LIFE, THEY WANT TO SEE FANTASIES.

UNLESS YOUR LIFE IS A FANTASY LIKE DAN BILZERIAN NOBODY CARES
. NO OFFENCE OF COURSE. SAME GOES FOR TWITTER, FACEBOOK.

Check out "The Billionaires Club".
They have over 1,000,000 followers on Instagram and market by posting pics of what I described above. And they advertise their services like parties they host and private jet charter for FREE TO 1,000,000 people.

I started following them back when they only had like 50,000 followers, what they did was have model material women hold signs with "billionaires club" on it and quickly they went to a million followers. They gave off a real cool 4am in Miami party vibe and people liked it.

"From private jets and private yachts, to extraordinary exotic cars and even the latest in apparel and styles aimed directly towards the wealthy. We are the lifestyle people strive for their entire lives." - Their mission statement, how does your compare ?

Check out their Instagram and website and imagine you are a guy who wants to spend $25,000 on a summer holiday who will I go with "billionaires club" or "presidential playground"

All you have right now is a catchy name, get to work.

This is all assuming you are aiming at the luxury market, 18-35 year old males with massive amounts of spending dollars. As far as I know "professionals" call a local travel agent and the competition is immense.

But wealthy folk use services just like yours to find the craziest experiences, think Antarctica crazy, private island stuff.

Im not knocking you, I wasted a lot of time marketing my first website the wrong way but I learned from and did it right for my second time, you don't need to go through that.

Last edited:

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
Yes @M&A , you are right. All of you guys are right. The Twitter/Instagram/Facebook page looks a lot like a travel bloggers page. I suppose I did that to establish a following and not really knowing what to post (consistently). I'm fairly new to the social media marketing scene.As for my page, I had an all black layout prior to this template, but it didn't seem to look right. I am always learning and new mistakes always arise. It's not going to be perfect yet, but one day it will be exactly where I want it to be. Again all advice is greatly appreciated

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
...I'm up to part 4...From what I have read and learned, the book seems to validate that I should probably target my services to the "Sidewalker: Income Rich" and that also answers your #3 and #4 question.

STOP!

You haven't finished step 1.

Go back and try again.

In the Engineering world this is called "RTFM" (Read The F*cking Manual). The steps I've outlined are part of a sequential process; not a parallel one. I appreciate and commend your desire to act, but those same actions landed you in this predicament in the first place. You haven't (yet) seen the light and know what to fix.

Read the book

Take notes. Be a high-roller and cash in your ticket to Dubai to become an INSIDERS to the forum so you can read all the Gold that's available to INSIDERS. There's more value there than you could get in a lifetime of chasing sheikh's across the desert!

"Sidewalker: Income Rich"
The book didn't validate any of your assumptions. You're not in the right mindset yet. And identifying that broad demographic of Sidewalkers certainly doesn't answer steps 3 or 4.

Want proof?

Ok, "What's your USP?"

...crickets...
3. Based on your USP, understand who your ideal client is...If you have a USP and you don't know who your clients are then either find a new USP or get researching!

If you haven't figured out why people want your service and the value you can provide (ie. if you haven't figured out your USP or done step 2), then you can't possibly know who your customers are! So how did you identify them?

Wanna hear my guess?

I'm picturing you right now! I see you as a vulture, circling high above the people below, trying to find your next meal. You're looking for easy prey. You spied this group of people that you think have loose pockets so you swoop in to pilfer from them and score your next full stomach. Instead of bringing them something they'll value you take from them what you think they won't notice.

RTFM...change your mental state.

Stop foraging for scraps after they've left the table and instead position yourself to be welcomed and invited to dine with them.

As for step 4...
4. Seek out your clients and sell to them directly first.

Did you sell something? I know you take action, but maybe I missed the post where you sold your USP to someone. Oh right...you don't HAVE a USP yet. So how is this complete?

Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass Go or collect $200.

Start over
I understand there are no shortcuts.
So do the work. Respect the process. Quit jumping steps and understand FIRST what it means when everyone here speaks about bringing value to customers and solving their pains.

Read the book.
Read the INSIDERS forums.
Educate yourself.

Learn from others that walked the path before you so you can bypass their mistakes.
I suppose I was seeking a validation or approval from people that might have been there or have had experience in this field.

What you received is far more valuable than validation and approval.
Also, I'm not saying it's impossible to target the wealthy, I seem to have realized I would have a much harder time selling to them as they're not that loose with their money. I feel like I would have more consistency with this middle class market.

Again..."Fulfill a need". Forget the customer. Forget vulturing for scraps. Find a need and solve it.

People will pay you to free them from their pains.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Good on you for taking action and putting yourself out there.

But you need to solve Step 1.

What about your current service is truly and honestly BETTER than what people can find elsewhere? Bio asked a great question and you had difficulty answering it. $10,000, Miami, 2 weeks. If $10,000 is too low for what you provide, that's okay, but I fear that you might not know your market as well as you think.

Don't make assumptions. Go out there and meet people who need something similar to what you can offer. If their needs are different, adjust your offer to what they need. It's about them, not you or your ability to provide. You should be able to provide regardless.

In this case, you should solve Step 2 (find the people), then create the solution to Step 1 (solve their needs better than anyone else). This is a decent place to start, but you desire to hit the high end. Go network with the high end. Meet them in person! You're in NYC, you should know where the wealthy party and you should know how to get in! Have you ever been a club promoter, a bartender, or a bouncer? If you have, you should know these things! If you haven't, go be a promoter or a bouncer or a bartender.

Not dissin your action, man, I'm just saying that you need to go a little further before you attempt to provide something like this.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
What about your current service is truly and honestly BETTER than what people can find elsewhere? Bio asked a great question and you had difficulty answering it. $10,000, Miami, 2 weeks. If $10,000 is too low for what you provide, that's okay, but I fear that you might not know your market as well as you think.

Listen to this podcast. It's right up your alley.

There’s one man who can make your most incredible dreams come true, his name is Steve Sims. And he joins us to talk about how to always get a yes, how he’s built the most elite luxury concierge service in the world, and a heckuva lot more on episode 367 of The Art of Charm.

http://theartofcharm.com/podcast-episodes/steve-sims-always-get-yes-episode-367/

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.