The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I met a "fastlaner" IRL! Changed my view on things

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

7.62x51

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 27, 2015
Let's call him "Albert".

He's in his 30s, a bit eccentric. Met him last semester in an introductory computer science class. Thought he was a bit crazy as he seemed to have an obsessive level of focus on the material. At times he would call out the professor on things which seemed trivial. However, it was clear that Albert was a few steps ahead of the class.

I disregarded him as just another nerdy immigrant who's getting into computer science.

As it turns out, Albert owns his own home, drives an SUV, is married and works for himself. He owns a software company and has been coding and building stuff since the 90s. Albert's not yet a millionaire but I have little doubt he will be.

What I learned from this? It reminds me of something I read, "How you do anything, is how you do everything."

Albert's approach to class was how he approached his own life; he took complete control.

I can't imagine Albert sitting down and reading TMF or any similar books. He's too busy already working on a fastlane of his own.

It's one thing to read about this stuff, it's quite another to see it in IRL.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZeroExile

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Sep 10, 2014
Florida
When I surrounded myself with not so bright people, I used to think of myself as being very intelligent and ahead of everyone, but when I started meeting people who that were visionaries, and geniuses, I realized I'm not that special and I held myself back. Straight A's in dual enrollment? Big whoop. Don't create standards based on those around you.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
When I surrounded myself with not so bright people, I used to think of myself as being very intelligent and ahead of everyone, but when I started meeting people who that were visionaries, and geniuses, I realized I'm not that special and I held myself back. Straight A's in dual enrollment? Big whoop. Don't create standards based on those around you.

So true. "When you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room"

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"How you do anything is how you do everything."

Wow. Fantastic line. It's so true. Thanks.

I guess I'm showing my age when I thought IRL meant Ireland. Lol.

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
I guess I'm showing my age when I thought IRL meant Ireland. Lol.[/QUOTE]

Yaaaa.."me too. I thought OP was talking about you Andy.....

7.62x51

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 27, 2015
From my experience, pretty much anyone worth listening to is.

What's he doing in your class anyways?

From what I gather so far, he believes having a degree is essential for today's world. After that, he plans to move out of Canada and head for New Zealand.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
What's the behind the scenes Shark Tank clip where a deal gets blown because of academics?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.