The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

1 Easy Trick to Extend Your Life by 6 Years, GUARANTEED.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Update, Keeping it real:

After going a consecutive 2 weeks on 6 hours sleep, numerous symptoms crept in... Including, but not limited to; poor cognitive function (feeling cloudy), loss of sex drive, vision problems, lack of focus.

It seems some can get away with a shorter schedule, whilst others cannot. Being 20 (still growing) and having a very active lifestyle probably does not help.

I'm glad I experimented but lesson learnt!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
I need my sleep, some people just get away with sleeping less.
Also the time when you wake up is important to wake up more alert, even if you sleep 11 hours and you wake up during REM sleep you would be very tired.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
I would like to see the people who try to follow this "procedure"...
This is insane.
Your body has been evolving for years, and the inumerable number of your ancestors, slept about 12 hours a day.
They went to bed when the sun set down, and woke up when it rose.

More imporantly, sleeping is essential to good health.
Even helps you loose weight, big time.

Not going to even bother provide/search for the facts, since they won´t "persuade" those that believe otherwise, as it is probably "rooted" in them allready
(or rather had been brainwashed by the first post) - no offence

Oh and by the way: Tesla was pretty much broke...(that is - he died broke alone in a New York apartement)

Try 10.

And for the others : Do not necessairly assume that all natural human behaviour is wrong, because you base your judgement on all the "chatter"(consumerism is wrong, etc...) that everyone takes as true(which they are are),but when they apply to human body, they are right 99% of the time.(natural impulses - EVEN for wealth generation)

Not to mention, that you are able to achieve ceratin aspects of your brain (creative imagination, etc.. - as described in think and grow rich),
much more easily, when your brain is relaxed.

However, (important point) : The key is not to get OVER RELAXED (AS ARE MOST PEOPLE)

Your posts remind me of long-tail landing pages. Practice some copy, keep the formatting, and you could be rich sooner than you think!

Disciple

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 23, 2014
Not really getting into because people will do what they want either way, but I completely believe that sleeping six hours for any extended period of time is unhealthy. I think nearly every person on Earth would be better off sleeping 10 hours per day.
Agreeing with 10 hours. Even if that whole time is spent sleeping, at least spend that 10 hours winding down for bed. Cut the computer off, do some stretching, take a bath, avoid electronic light, etc...

Update, Keeping it real:

After going a consecutive 2 weeks on 6 hours sleep, numerous symptoms crept in... Including, but not limited to; poor cognitive function (feeling cloudy), loss of sex drive, vision problems, lack of focus.

It seems some can get away with a shorter schedule, whilst others cannot. Being 20 (still growing) and having a very active lifestyle probably does not help.

I'm glad I experimented but lesson learnt!
Good on you!

If you have a project you've been obsessing over, I suppose it's not all that uncommon. It's really not all that beneficial, though.

I once tried a triphasic sleep schedule. Up 6.5 hours, asleep for 1.5 hours. This was done every day. After a while, I ended up sick, missed one bit, and ended up screwing the whole thing up. There are cases where, the healthier you are, the less sleep you require. But rest, not just sleep, is important. If you need the rest anyway, why not spend it sleeping?

Charmander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 20, 2015
Slovakia
Your posts remind me of long-tail landing pages. Practice some copy, keep the formatting, and you could be rich sooner than you think!
Yeah, :D Thank you...
I know I don´t know how to write - and I am surprised how other just make their posts (especially when creating a thread) so clean, that I keep guessing, whether or not they have some experience on doing it, because at this time, I just couldn´t make such a well written post. =d Sorry, I just write what I think, so sometimes, so I have to give up writing the post in the middle, because I know people would not understand it =( =d

People working jobs : should sleep less! Because if you are allready working 8+ hours in a job. You allready have less time to spend time with family / or on their side projects. If you have a job, you just can´t sleep as normal people do (about 8hrs), but you should sleep less! And wake up sooner in the morning(almost everyone knows this though), because the productivity is(or is supposed to be rather?) highest in the morning. Now for this group : Do not nap at all! Because it will completely screw up your sleeping pattern.(obviously)

So, as it turns out, some great artist practiced NAPPING - while holding a spoon. He just sit on a chair, held a key, and after he napped for some time (about 15-20 minutes), the key dropped and he woke up. This way he was full of energy all day long.
Dali recommended sitting in a chair with a heavy metal key pressed between the thumb and forefinger of the left hand. A plate would be placed upside down on the floor underneath the hand with the key. The moment Dali fell asleep, the key would slip from his finger, clang the plate, and awaken him. Dali believed this tiny nap “revivified” an artist’s whole “physical and physic being.”

Dali said that he had learned the “slumber with a key” trick from the Capuchin monks and that other artists he knew also used it. Albert Einstein “napped” this way as well, as have other inventors and thinkers who believed this nap inspired their ideas and creativity. These men were unknowingly taking advantage of what scientists today call the “hypnogogic” nap, when the mind, before it reaches Stage 2 sleep, unlocks free flowing creative thoughts. It’s a topic interesting enough to warrant its own post!
source : http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/03/14/the-napping-habits-of-8-famous-men/
(even Thomas Edison , John F. Kennedy, Napoleon Bonaparte, and Winston Churchill napped similar to this)

Napoleon Bonaparte
napoleonsleeping.jpg
During campaigns, Napoleon was a whirlwind of energy, galloping from place to place, poring over maps, and pondering strategy. He would go days without changing clothes or lying down for a full night’s sleep. But he had the ability, as many great leaders do it seems, of being able fall asleep at the drop of a hat. This ability was likely a product of his supreme confidence. Napoleon could sleep like a baby right before battle and even when cannons were booming nearby. As they have been proven to do by modern science, Napoleon’s naps staved off the fatigue which stalks those who skip a whole night’s sleep. Then, when the storm of battle was over, the general would sleep for an eighteen hour stretch.

So as it turns out, naps can actually help us avoid the "night" sleep possibly alltogether?

However, if you live in Europe, it is a very common fact, that the people who live around the Mediterranean(ie. Italy), very commonly go and nap a lot! And mainly those who are working a job! Some businesses even have their opening hours different to those of other countries, because of this break "Siesta".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siesta

They are thus not liked by people who do not live in such hot climates(because appearantly all the people agreed to have these breaks because of the sun, that they claim tires them out) - and they don´t get such benefits-of being able to just go home in the middle of the day to simly "nap" and are often called "slackers".

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I don't use an alarm clock. I go to sleep and just wake up when I feel like waking up. I average about 7.5 hours a night. My take is that this is what my body is saying is enough sleep for the night. I usually don't sleep through the night, I wake up 2-3 times, usually in 1.5 hour increments. It's 1:30am now, I'm going to sleep, I'll come back and see what time my body feels I should wake up in the morning. :)

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Assuming anything has always gotten me in trouble. I don't know if I want to plan my whole life out. It's more of an adventure living day by day, hour by hour, and minute by minute. Since there is no real guarantee I will live until 95, it's better to enjoy the day I'm living. :)

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I spend 8 to 9 hours a night beside a beautiful woman that I love with my whole heart... why would I want 6 less years of that ;)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I don't use an alarm clock. I go to sleep and just wake up when I feel like waking up. I average about 7.5 hours a night. My take is that this is what my body is saying is enough sleep for the night. I usually don't sleep through the night, I wake up 2-3 times, usually in 1.5 hour increments. It's 1:30am now, I'm going to sleep, I'll come back and see what time my body feels I should wake up in the morning. :)

Well I woke up at 10:30am, so I guess my body wanted 9 hours of sleep. BTW, I woke up at 4:15am and 7:30am and 10:30am. 2 hours and 45 minute increments and 3 hrs, interesting to me... I should track this more.

D

Deleted21961

Try my pattern: sometimes 2 - 3 hours, sometimes 12 - 16 hours of sleep. Listen to your body.

What I have found improving greatly quality of sleep is:
1. Keeping room as dark as possible.
2. Keeping it as quiet as possible, also. Even little computer fan running is too much.
3. The most important, doing this procedure before (actually, falling asleep is guaranted while doing it):
a) Lie down as comfortable as possible.
b) Go from the feet to your head, relaxing.
c) Relaxing means: don't try to relax your muscles, try to feel them without any other intention. They will relax automatically.
d) Repeat several times, You should not remember when you have fallen asleep.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.