The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So you want to move to Scottsdale?

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Latvia? Haha

But seriously. We don't really know at this point. Gonna have to travel the world to really know ;)

Last edited:
G

Guest24480

Yep, can confirm, awful weather here too.

5sCu5Ai.jpg

(note, talent is weak at the pool today, apparently everyone is at work)

THAT'S what the view outside your window looks like?! This picture alone is making me consider moving after I finish school. Seeing something like that every morning would be a great motivator.

Sure beats the beauty of a brick wall outside my window.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
THAT'S what the view outside your window looks like?! This picture alone is making me consider moving after I finish school. Seeing something like that every morning would be a great motivator.

Sure beats the beauty of a brick wall outside my window.

Well, it's more like this, but yah. This giant tree is blocking half of the pool.

It's not the ocean, but it doesn't suck...and we work here too.

There are quite a few places to live that have nice pool views, and aren't expensive. I'll eventually buy a place in this area unless I find a better paradise to live in.

O8ZMiUc.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Well, it's more like this, but yah. This giant tree is blocking half of the pool.

There are quite a few places to live that have nice pool views, and aren't expensive. I'll eventually buy a place here unless I find a better paradise to live in.

O8ZMiUc.jpg
Hey thanks for sharing this :sour:
I have a UPS order I need to go cancel.....

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013

There are quite a few places to live that have nice pool views, and aren't expensive. I'll eventually buy a place here unless I find a better paradise to live in.

O8ZMiUc.jpg
Look if that isn't a huge a$$ motivator I'm not sure what could be, combined with the fact I've heard countless stories of Lambos riding around the entire Phoenix/Scottsdale area throughout the day pretty much everyday.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Look if that isn't a huge a$$ motivator I'm not sure what could be, combined with the fact I've heard countless stories of Lambos riding around the entire Phoenix/Scottsdale area throughout the day pretty much everyday.

I kid you not - the other day I walked to the culinary drop out (like 5 minutes) and I saw two Ferraris.

Yesterday I walked to buddy's place, saw a Ferrari 458.

Today I walked around a bit and saw another one

They are everywhere here - even more so in North Scottsdale. Sunshine + a business friendly environment = people with money/businesses.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey guys, I can confirm this.. Australia (Sydney) fall is like Arizona winter weather + water. View from my bedroom right now (12pm here). It is fairly expensive to live here though. But I'd give Sydney some serious contention in the great weather to live in category.

The US dollar is strong now, it's time for you guys to travel. Everything here is at a 22% discount for us.

IMG_5845.JPG

Snowbank and I at work.

IMG_5846.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5845.JPG
    IMG_5845.JPG
    501.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Hey guys, I can confirm this.. Australia (Sydney) fall is like Arizona winter weather + water. View from my bedroom right now (12pm here). It is fairly expensive to live here though. But I'd give Sydney some serious contention in the great weather to live in category.

View attachment 9361

Snowbank and I at work.

View attachment 9360

Amazing view guys :rockon: ( a bit jealous though ) ...it snowed here the whole day

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Btw, i have a furnished 1br 1ba condo with private 1 car garage in scottsdale for rent. Rent is $900/mo if interested. Located at the Venetian 2 condos in Scottsdale.

Ramble On

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jun 7, 2014
Speaking of weather. I just hard a tornado go by 2 miles north of my house! Gotta love Oklahoma.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Btw, i have a furnished 1br 1ba condo with private 1 car garage in scottsdale for rent. Rent is $900/mo if interested. Located at the Venetian 2 condos in Scottsdale.
Interested but I'm currently working on a way to get out there by the end of summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida

The US dollar is strong now, it's time for you guys to travel. Everything here is at a 22% discount for us.

View attachment 9361

Snowbank and I at work.

View attachment 9360

Australia had been interesting to me for awhile. Can you compare the costs, what does it take to live there, just normal level of life. Any idea what the summer is like (well, winter). And how long are you two staying?

I'm also looking to travel this summer, no point to stay in south florida if you don't have to. I haven't seen Europe and would like to go for 3 months with 2-3 week stays at places where dollar is strong. Greek islands are on the list. Croatia sounds good. Where else?

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania

Is that a special fastlaners rate or is all rent that cheap in Arizona?

I ask because it's impossible to find a 1 br with a garage for sub-1k prices around here.

D

DeletedUser394

I can't even get a 1br 1ba illegal basement suite for under $1,400/mo.

God bless America!

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Come on, that is an excuse.

I don't want to be harsh, but if you wanted to actually do this, then you would find a way.

I only say that because I am not an American citizen. Yet I found a way to get to Scottsdale and Live there for a while. In fact I got into trouble for staying in the US for too long. Just look up what you need to do and how you would do it and go from there.

Similar to business, you take it one step at a time and solve problems accordingly. Never let the first barrier you can think of interfere with your end goal.

I have had the pleasure of other people giving me similar advice, I hope it comes in handy :)

As an extra boost of motivation... This is what my balcony view from my bedroom looked like the whole time I was there:

scottsdale.jpg

I would so be in for this if it wasn't for that whole immigration thing. Great idea.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Australia had been interesting to me for awhile. Can you compare the costs, what does it take to live there, just normal level of life. Any idea what the summer is like (well, winter). And how long are you two staying?

I'm also looking to travel this summer, no point to stay in south florida if you don't have to. I haven't seen Europe and would like to go for 3 months with 2-3 week stays at places where dollar is strong. Greek islands are on the list. Croatia sounds good. Where else?

Rent here is by the week. Looks like one bedrooms in the Bondi area are about $300-$400 AUD/wk. To me, that is pricey compared to Arizona. Food is expensive, about $15 a plate. My meals are regularly $25+. All prices included sales tax and there is no tipping. A can of coke is $4. Bill just got a haircut for $50. Cab ride for 10km in rush hour was $100. Stuff just feels expensive, but remember they are all in AUD, so we actually have a 23% discount right now. If AUD=USD 1 for 1, Australia would be a very expensive place to live.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Is that a special fastlaners rate or is all rent that cheap in Arizona?

I ask because it's impossible to find a 1 br with a garage for sub-1k prices around here.

$900 is actually a fairly expensive 1 br. You can find 1br without garages for $750-$800.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
$900 is actually a fairly expensive 1 br. You can find 1br without garages for $750-$800.

Garage is a dealbreaker for me. Still $900 for a 1 br w/ a garage is far cheaper than any place around here.

I suppose I've always thought Scottsdale = well-off area = expensive cost of living. But it actually seems to be quite cheap compared to what I'm used to.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Garage is a dealbreaker for me. Still $900 for a 1 br w/ a garage is far cheaper than any place around here.

I suppose I've always thought Scottsdale = well-off area = expensive cost of living. But it actually seems to be quite cheap compared to what I'm used to.

And it is a nice place! I'm not just saying that either. I would live there. I'll post some pics later.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
I also expected rent prices to be much higher.

A shithole bedroom in a shared old apartment costs 250-300€ in Lisbon, I've seen 1br apartments in Scottsdale with pool and gym for 500-700$, and I've seen cheaper/per br in 2 and 3 br houses.

Cembo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 26, 2014
Why is Arizona so special for entrepreneurs? What do you mean by "business-friendly environment"?

I dont get why you guys live there. Why not any other state with good weather?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
And it is a nice place! I'm not just saying that either. I would live there. I'll post some pics later.

Here are some pics as promised. 1 br, 1 ba, 1 car garage.

IS-1esd4iu47j68t.jpg

IS-jabvuljww50d.jpg
IS-jabvzuyvpen1.jpg

The condo is the entire upper floor above these garages.
IS95mptdvfb0sn1000000000.jpg

Attachments

• IS-1esd4nrozo40t.jpg
    IS-1esd4nrozo40t.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 21
D

DeletedUser394

Why is Arizona so special for entrepreneurs? What do you mean by "business-friendly environment"?

I dont get why you guys live there. Why not any other state with good weather?

Let's take the 4 States that have similar (though not identical) weather.

Arizona: Cheap, sunny all the time, red state (business friendly), many members already live there so there is a built in network.
California: Beautiful weather, expensive expensive expensive
Texas: Similar to Arizona, and many people from here live around the state as well. Reasonably inexpensive housing options in many places
Florida: Very humid, though nice weather. Hurricanes. Old people.

You ultimately live where you want, for reasons that you find important. If I was America, I'd probably do summers in NYC and winters in Scottsdale.

Just my thoughts on it.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Arizona: Cheap, sunny all the time, red state (business friendly), many members already live there so there is a built in network..

This is a very common misconception, @Vigilante has spoken on it many times. Moving there does not gain you a network, it just happens to be a higher concentration of people linked on this forum. You still have to put in the work to build the relationships and trust of people. It is not a selling point or a given to moving to Scottsdale.

D

DeletedUser394

This is a very common misconception, @Vigilante has spoken on it many times. Moving there does not gain you a network, it just happens to be a higher concentration of people linked on this forum. You still have to put in the work to build the relationships and trust of people. It is not a selling point or a given to moving to Scottsdale.

There is no misconception on my part, I didn't phrase it correctly then.

What I meant is that Phoenix has a high concentration of people, specifically from this forum that share similar ideas/ideals and ways of life. I didn't mean that you just move there and everyone is going to start helping you or that you can use people there to get what you want. That is laughable.

Anyone thinking of moving there that does so with those types of thoughts is in for a surprise..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.