The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

starting an Amazon business first timer

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Austin Sarwar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Mar 22, 2015
Florida
Well first I want to say this forum is great. I have learned Much here just lurking all the threads trying to absorb as much as I can. The book is also great. Anyways I have started taking steps to start selling on Amazon. I have researched many products and have found some that I have bought. The products in particular are something many other people are selling an have been selling but I am offering my product with many accessories that aren't being offered on Amazon and I am doing it for the same price or in many cases less then my competitor's. The product sells very well on eBay as my supplier sells it there. But I will be the only one selling it on Amazon. I see this as a possible big win because the margin is ten times how much I pay to the product. I just have to find ways to market it. I just got my product up 2 days ago so will we what happens.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Austin Sarwar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Mar 22, 2015
Florida
Well I got the variations up can't figure out the spread sheet but everythings up now. Still not sure how to get them to only appear under one picture one listing will be calling amazon tommorow. There customer service is so bad tho those people have no idea what they are talking about..

Austin Sarwar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Mar 22, 2015
Florida
Thanks I need to start getting some marketing done so I can get a few sales. I work night shifts so I either at work or sleeping which sucks.

Austin Sarwar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Mar 22, 2015
Florida
So apparently I don't have the buy box on my own product so I cant do amazon pay per clicks add? Thing is my product is under its own specific listing no one else is selling it. I gave it its UPC. I mean its a very common product but this is my own "brand" of this specific product. I bought it from a manufacturer who sells it on eBay but no one has brought it over to amazon. I wish amazon had better customer service the last guy really didn't seem to know what he was talking about it was pretty frustrating to say this least.

ljb7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Jun 7, 2014
So apparently I don't have the buy box on my own product so I cant do amazon pay per clicks add? Thing is my product is under its own specific listing no one else is selling it. I gave it its UPC. I mean its a very common product but this is my own "brand" of this specific product. I bought it from a manufacturer who sells it on eBay but no one has brought it over to amazon. I wish amazon had better customer service the last guy really didn't seem to know what he was talking about it was pretty frustrating to say this least.

It's normal for a new Amazon account to not have the buy box on their own PL product for the first month or two, or when people start buying your product (which most likely won't happen). You can either wait it out or get your product into FBA, because when you do you'll get the buy box.

Thoelk

Artificial Psycho
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 18, 2014
Belgium
Well first I want to say this forum is great. I have learned Much here just lurking all the threads trying to absorb as much as I can. The book is also great. Anyways I have started taking steps to start selling on Amazon. I have researched many products and have found some that I have bought. The products in particular are something many other people are selling an have been selling but I am offering my product with many accessories that aren't being offered on Amazon and I am doing it for the same price or in many cases less then my competitor's. The product sells very well on eBay as my supplier sells it there. But I will be the only one selling it on Amazon. I see this as a possible big win because the margin is ten times how much I pay to the product. I just have to find ways to market it. I just got my product up 2 days ago so will we what happens.

Goodluck, but remember.. You wont be the only one selling it for long on Amazon... If it becomes a success, so get ready to work hard on your USP & drive traffic to your own site ASAP... Amazon is a vehicle for your business, but not your business!

Austin Sarwar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Mar 22, 2015
Florida
Yea this product was my "partners" idea. I don't think it would translate to well outside of amazon. I have ideas for other products that are more niche better margin I'm just a little tied up with this product at the moment. Bringing in a partner on this seemed like a good idea at first cut my risk in half and maybe it will be useful to keep him on for the money. But I think hes lazy when it comes to business. He is good at physical labor but when it comes to research spread sheets due diligence all I hear is complaints why does every thing have to be so hard he says. If he really thinks things are hard at this stage he wont be a good match for a long term partner I know that. I on the other hand enjoy every aspect the research the competition the math the understanding of finance reading growing my knowledge its all fun for me.

Austin Sarwar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Mar 22, 2015
Florida
Thanks for the info. So if I get my family and friends to buy my product I should get the buy box?
It's normal for a new Amazon account to not have the buy box on their own PL product for the first month or two, or when people start buying your product (which most likely won't happen). You can either wait it out or get your product into FBA, because when you do you'll get the buy box.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.