The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2015 Fastlane Summit, Official Thread

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Four days since the last post in this thread.

Is everybody settling back in to mediocrity?

Are you doing exactly what your other half expected that you'd be doing after the newness of the conference wore off? After the excitement subsided?

Are you one of them, or one of us...

The honeymoon period is over. Is life settling back in for you?

Are you back into your routine?

Are you going to be on the speakers podium next year?

I got a call last week for some help on a couple of tactical details from somebody that attended the meet up whose life was changed. The $300 ticket they had purchased was probably $1 million golden ticket to them.

What about you?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Goobii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 29, 2011
AUS

Are you doing exactly what your other half expected that you'd be doing after the newness of the conference wore off? After the excitement subsided?

I got a call last week for some help on a couple of tactical details from somebody that attended the meet up whose life was changed. The $300 ticket they had purchased was probably $1 million golden ticket to them.

What about you?
I think if anything its made me more hungry to get return to the meetup next year with more value to give to everyone.
I'm hoping that my journey will inspire people but I still the runs on the board.. so to answer your question is NO, I refuse to settle for this life at present.
I can see the path infront of me & I've taken the first few steps

thorn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jun 23, 2013
Pennsylvania

What about you?

I realize these were probably theoretical questions asked to the general populous in order to keep questioning what we are doing each day to keep moving forward, but what the hell, I'll answers anyways...

Since getting back, I can honestly say I have had a strong perspective shift on my business. One of the first things I did was, along with four other fastlaners from the meetup, help put together a fairly structured accountability group that is going to continue to meet on a weekly basis in the hopes of kicking each other in the a$$. And so far after two weeks, I feel it is working as intended and building in the right direction. I tell you, it's hard to sit face to face in front of your peers and tell them you didn't do what you said you were going to do. Even though it's really only you that suffers when you don't progress (aside from the knowledge you could be sharing about your journey) I have a feeling it won't be long before you lose the trust and respect of the group if time and time again you cannot deliver commitments you have made to yourself.

Personally, I have always tried to read and listen about 5-10 times much as I post (as evidenced by my post count) but I have started a new progress thread that I will clean up and post soon. For now, I am more concerned with providing content for that thread than just putting something out there to put it out there.

Again, succeed or fail, I intend to at minimum put my foot in the ring to speak next year. The challenge for me is providing a story so compelling that it cannot be turned down.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
We're working hard. No return to "normalcy" for us. 18 months to freedom. That's the goal.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
Got my first (small) investment, kicking off the friends and family round which I'm raising, which should help with the 4 fold increase in orders I got after coming back from the meetup.

In putting together a pitch deck, I took a better look at my competition. Now more than ever I know I can crush them through simple execution on PR and marketing. I am waking up hours earlier than I normally do because I'm so excited about dominating my space.

If anything, things are speeding up since the meetup, not slowing down.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Again, succeed or fail, I intend to at minimum put my foot in the ring to speak next year. The challenge for me is providing a story so compelling that it cannot be turned down.
I hear you there
I am moving forward in my own unique way, which at the very least seems fun to listen to

Bosstradamus

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I'm on the final revision of my ebook and I'm actively moving the ranking for my amazon product. I registered for a Canton fair badge. Still debating whether I'm going or not but each day it lean more towards going

Everyday I wake up I wish I didnt have a boss. I actually find myself doing less and less at the "job" lol. My goal is to b free by the end of the year

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Still working ahead here, though I'm going in a slightly different direction now.

Doing a lot of writing for a book I'm hoping to publish by the end of 2016, also considering doing some shorter works to start getting my name out there.

My husband also found a product he wants to go ahead on, so we're getting the process started there, figuring out how to best create/produce it and how to deal with particular legal issues that may come into play in our specific case.

I'm still interested in doing a physical product 'of my own', but don't have any real ideas there, yet, but at least I'm transitioning out of web design! Hoping to get my last website finished this week.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Way to throw down the gauntlet @Vigilante . thanks.

I have been crazy busy. Following up this week on some prospects from the conference in Florida. Several HNW leads.

Trained my new assistant on managing my travel arrangements and schedule (which is no small task). She is also taking over all property management duties from my short term rental apartments.

Finally got my booking . com account approved and set up for my apartments. Already have eur8k in bookings for one of my apartments over the summer just thru booking (and about another eur8k from airbnb).

Finishing up renovations on another apartment this week and will be taking photos and listing on airbnb . com and booking . com by the end of next week.

Had one apartment deal fall through this week (was supposed to close on it this week but owner flaked out). 'tis life.

Viewed another apartment today and will view 3 tomorrow. I expect to make at least one offer this week.

Outsourced our fb ad campaign to someone yet unnamed from the forum for our membership site. So far the results are doing well. We are getting very targeted traffic with optins hovering around 40%. Still tweaking.

Finished 3 decent size client projects (primarily corporate service structuring) in past 7 days.

Picked up another 2 clients for corporate service work.

Recorded 3 new podcasts for my new show.

Spent a few days with my daughter in London.

Over the past 30 days averaged almost 5 miles per day walking. Started the slow card diet 12 days ago (after bnp).

Last edited:

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Have contacted several medical practices looking for client-zero to use my beta, and help steer future development. No, it's not ready to actually deploy but I figured I could be proactive.

Ideally I'm asking for them to pay 50% the rate of their current product, with the benefit to them that features will be added that specifically benefit them, and less expense. Although I don't think cost savings really is the compelling part.

I think I have my first client. Should know soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
18 months to freedom.

Curious what this means for you? I ask because I felt "total freedom" the moment my business was self-supporting and generating positive cash flow. I wasn't a millionaire (or even a thousandaire) and it was the most profound feeling ever. A good example of this is @Vick who just quit his job-- he's witnessing cash flow and supporting himself and you can tell that he finally feels free. My point is, if the aforementioned is what marks your freedom, it might not take 18 months. Anyhow, love seeing all these progress changes.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Curious what this means for you? I ask because I felt "total freedom" the moment my business was self-supporting and generating positive cash flow. I wasn't a millionaire (or even a thousandaire) and it was the most profound feeling ever. A good example of this is @Vick who just quit his job-- he's witnessing cash flow and supporting himself and you can tell that he finally feels free. My point is, if the aforementioned is what marks your freedom, it might not take 18 months. Anyhow, love seeing all these progress changes.
Well, for me it means that I'm earning enough to replace my salary at a minimal level, and then I only have to work an additional 1-4 shifts a month for extra and to keep the skills sharp. But basically, the place at which I don't have to pull a shift in the ER.

That being said, I honestly didn't think about it in the manner that you described, so maybe I've been going about it the wrong way. Thanks for opening another (possible) way of thinking about things.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
For everyone else, what are YOU doing to move forward? What changes in your every day have you made? Or have you settled back into the same old?

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Already launched a new business.

Going to Thailand and Bali for 3 months. :D
Hit me up on email or fb. Let's connect on skype.

FastLanePursuer

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 11, 2012
Bay Area, CA
I noticed my productivity has gone down a bit, so I got out of my home office and joined a coworking space and so far my productivity has increased dramatically.

Happy hour on Fridays doesn't hurt either :) and they're open 24/7 for members.

Definitely recommend it if you're experiencing the same problem

cbb197accc5e68277232e7f48748562a.jpg NsSF-work-vacation.png o.jpg

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007