The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New to the forum, Who I am, and Who I strive to be

Calvin Hoang

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 17, 2015
Alameda, California
Hello everyone,

My name is Calvin. I am 18 years old, living in California, and still in high school. I am currently halfway through the book. Two years ago, I would have never thought that I would be here.

Originally, I felt, like my immigrant Asian parents, that the slow lane would be my only path to success: becoming a doctor, lawyer, or another high paying profession. I was a person who wastes time unproductively browsing the internet or playing video games, but last year, something clicked in me in the middle of a discussion with my friend dreaming of being wealthy, and leaving my name in history books.

I continued to fantasize without taking action until last week. When the UC college rejections came in, I felt as if my life was over. My family shamed me, the girl I liked started dating another man. Depression was unproductive. I realized I had to change the way I think and take action. I was tired of feeling pessimistic and worrying over unproductive thoughts such as gaming or skirt chasing. My passion for wealth started to take control.

Yesterday, my order for the book arrived. I opened it, assuming it was another "how to" book, similar to the books I've read on reading body language. Fortunately, it was not. The book opened my eyes. Obtaining a PhD in medicine and a masters in business was not the only path to success, and flaunting material wealth would only drag me down. I did not realize that in fact I desired freedom the most. MJ is right, freedom is important. My idea freedom is to have complete control over my lifetime without financial issues. I do not enjoy being forced to attend classes, this may sound childish, but I'd prefer to go on my own will.

Armed with nothing but $2000 in my bank and nothing but desire, I hope to turn my idealistic dreams into reality, and I'm willing to work for it. In a couple weeks, I will be attending a lunch seminar and hearing from those who manage businesses in the area.I hope I would be able to develop a plan in the near future for the fastlane by browsing this forum. If I do become successful, I would be glad to assist others in the future in the forum.

Thanks for reading (apologies for the length). I wished I found this forum earlier.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...