The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just gave in my 2 weeks notice.

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I am SO happy for you bro. Good job on executing your dream. :)

The real world implications of this forum are some of the most inspiring and amazing of any forum of which I have ever heard. Keep up the winning. I can't wait to hear more.

MyronGainz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Aware bruh, strong misc presence in these forums lol

Congrats on the progress. Was this your first ever venture?
Yep, first venture ever.

I am SO happy for you bro. Good job on executing your dream. :)

The real world implications of this forum are some of the most inspiring and amazing of any forum of which I have ever heard. Keep up the winning. I can't wait to hear more.
Thanks buddy, appreciate it!

MyronGainz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Alright time for an update. It's been 1 year since I left my job at a Big 4, can't believe how quick things are moving and how fast time flew. Amazing experience thus far, and knock on wood, hopefully this ball keeps rolling at the speed that it is. I'll try and keep this short with cliff notes.

Updates:
-hit $360,000 annualized (see picture attached for Feb numbers). boils down to around 75% margin, 35% net profit
-picked up a second office (same floor, just own the hall)
-made 2 full time hires in November 2014, 1 account manager and 1 sales guys...fired the sales guy 2.5 months later (performance)
-hired an HR (part time) in January 2015 to go through resumes/hire/interview etc.
-hired 3 more full time sales guys just last week, currently undergoing training (led by my sales manager), so there is 8 of us now
-established an Advisory board (predecessor to the official company board of directors, if relationship with advisors pan out well, they will become offical directors)
-first advisor is our finance advisor, he's CEOd and CFOd many private and publicly traded companies. he has taken companies public, completed several mergers/acquisitions. he sits on several boards here, both private and public companies
-second advisor is our technology advisor, experienced veteran he founded his own company which was acquired in 2007 and now he advises/invests in start-ups
-automated a lot of our manual processes, product is ALOT more scalable now (a new client setup time went from 2-3 days down to about 3 hours)

Goals going forward:
-close a deal with a channel partner
-get another 2-3 advisors, especially 1 experienced lawyer
-roll out a a new product that will reach a completely different target market(currently underdevelopment in our lab)
-pitch a few firms, consider mapping out how series A funding would be utilized
-hit $1,000,000 annualized by year end
-execute a marketing (this was a goal that I listed last update. we failed to really execute on marketing thus far. didn't realize how incredibly time consuming, money consuming and risky marketing can be. No one in the company currently has enough time to dedicate towards marketing. hopefully that will changing in the upocoming months)

Thanks for all the help and support thus far guys, you have been great! 2015 will be an even bigger year.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• feb.PNG
    feb.PNG
    7.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
I didn't quit my job until I had steady, reliable profits and I was confident that I could increase profits, which I did.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
SO many miscers in here haha

Good progress man keep going!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MyronGainz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
How did you identify and validate the need you went after? Was it related to your Big 4 job?

Wasn't at all related to my Big 4 job. I had a lot of inside knowledge of one of the most dominant players in the industry in Canada. I had several colleagues who worked there, and systemically took them out for beers, and picked their brains. Read a lot of negative reviews online, and saw the opportunity.

"The Need" is a nothing mind-blowing or super innovative, it's a pretty plain industry that had a lot of holes with it. Just slightly improved the product/service enough to turn heads.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Myrin hard. Jumped in a did dat ish.