The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
I read the book in one day. Couldn't put it down. It was like i was reading what i myself would have written (without the lambourghini of course).
I'm constantly challenging the thinking about the 5-2 life. I even hate it on the radio when i hear the presenter shriek with joy that's Friday as if it's time for a big party. Every day should be treated like this.

I will read the book again probably in the next week or two.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Papik007

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Feb 15, 2015
I've just read it. I decided to make an account here during the process of reading and finally finished it. It really does change thinking, you start seeing obvious things now I come up with many ideas how to make some money on a single activity ^^ Thank you MJ

D

DeletedUser5

Read it... No, I downloaded all of the information into my memory. The greatest book on finance and business I've ever read.

Thanks MJ!

Last edited by a moderator:

Julio Andres

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Dec 9, 2014
Finished a couple weeks ago! Is a really good mix between knowledge and practical stuff. It was the final boost I need it to jump to the entrepreneur pool. In one month from now I will turn on the blinkers to change lanes. Thanks for the book MJ!

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
i listen audio book, amazing book, great point of view and ideas how to become wealthy.

Becoming wealthy is a side-effect of changing your mindset to the fastlane mentality. Don't focus on money, focus on providing others with value.

John_89

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 1, 2015
Hello everyone!!!! I read the TMF and all I can say is if anyone comes and ask me how do I start a business I will tell them about this book. I'm going to work hard to find my path and quite my slave job.

JSW

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 14, 2015
Read the book after coming across one of your articles via the Facebook page. Really glad I did, could not have asked for more from it. Up to me now, thank you for the knowledge - :tiphat:

celi05

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 18, 2015
I've just finished reading the book this morning. For me the timing could not have been better, I'm self employed and have been considering starting two new businesses, after reading the book I'm going to put one on hold and focus on the other (more of that later).

The book helped me crystallize a lot of thoughts and ideas that have been floating around my brain and I couldn't quite grasp. Things like time being the only real currency (the only thing you can't acquire more of) and I have to say that laughed out loud when MJ talks about people selling get rich quick schemes and "how to be an FX" trader courses - I've nearly fallen for stuff like that in the past but it always occurs to me that if this system / idea is so good, why are you telling me about it rather than using it yourself...

thidr0

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Feb 13, 2015
Brooklyn
I've read the book (which is what brought me to this forum). Loved the frameworks it laid out. Fantastic book. Really clarified a lot of things for me. Hasn't quite gotten me over the hump of taking action -- I'm still hung-up on the identifying a need portion.

The one curiosity is how much you are exposed to MLMs, MJ. I only know one person who was involved in an MLM and it was just a summer internship. Nobody has ever tried to recruit me. Are they that pervasive?

Actually, I know a second haha. A recovering meth addict from my Dad's high school class was really into it.

Travis Cooper

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 1, 2015
Beautifully written book. Took me way longer than I thought to finish it. About to read it again and take notes.

I am young, and while I do not have debt currently of any kind, my few years of employment have left me with the uneasy feeling that I would never reach any sort of freedom. So began my search for a way out which has led me to this amazing book.

Thanks for writing it, MJ. Currently working on getting in the fastlane.

James Egerton

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 14, 2015
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Finished the book a few days ago. Have to say, there is a solid amount of information to be processed and I can definitely see this as a resource I'll refer back to on my journey.

I can honestly say that it has changed the way I listen and think (opportunities and angles). Like many of other's that are new, my first hurdle is taking action...

BackOnTrack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 17, 2015
Manchester, UK
Finished the book last night, and it has woken me up from my slumber!

I need to reread it and make notes this time, but one thing that really was quite pertinent for me, was the statement that we are the choices we have made. No matter how small or big those choices are, they have led us to exactly where we are today. I have made some massively bad choices and now need to turn things around.

I'm just glad I found the book and the forum. It is a lifeline! Now need to take action....

Karen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
378%
Feb 28, 2015
Germany
Re-reading TFM in bite-sized potions like a gourmet meal that needs time to be appreciated. The Fastlane framework of business and freedom guide me every day. By now I have left the Desert-of-Desertion and many of your words, MJ, got me through the hard days. Thank you!

Pilatus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 27, 2015
I've read TMF . Incredible book with a ton of valuable knowledge. Should be a must-read for any aspiring entrepreneur.

I second that, I bought the book straight away after reading the free chapters. After reading the book I decided to join the INSIDERS. I am very glad I landed into this forum and read TMF because thanks to MJ and this community I went from years of "one day I will do something" to "I have no excuses, I need to get into action".

Metabaron

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 16, 2015
Indiana
Just finshed reading the book, took quite a bit longer to read than I was expecting. There is a great deal of information, and I slowed down to really let my mind grasp everything that was written. Thanks MJ for writing this book, you laid out what needs to be done and how, just up to me (and others) to take action.

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
As I was reading the first couple of chapters a few days ago, the information defiantly started to make me realize how my mentality was making my choices into bad outcomes. Poor decisions lead to mediocrity of what could've been, been learning that the hard way. Your writing style is a bonus, love it! Almost done reading the book, but I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface yet. Can't wait to apply the concepts given in this book. I feel like a little kid in a candy store, there are just too many choices to choose from and each will lead to a different area of the "fastlane" process I can learn and dismantle to incorporate into my journey to a better lifestyle. Amazing book, glad I bought it. Thank you MJ.

Autarkeia

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Aug 4, 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
Maybe after reading through TMF the 3rd time I should request the flair? ;)

Seriously, thank you MJ for writing this book. I fell in love with it the first time I picked it up. I couldn't put it down then, and still can't today. I find myself referencing it over and over as I mature as an entrepreneur.

I've been quietly lurking on this forum for a while but have just recently become more active on it. I figured it was time to make this post.

Thank you for creating this community too. Tons of value here.

Can I pre-order Part 2 yet?!

Timbo84

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 11, 2015
First off, thanks for writing this book. A lot of it is common sense, however the perception of different lifestyles such as the Sidewalk and Slowlane have completely changed the way I've viewed my current wealth structure.

I've pretty much been disillusioned by the "rat-race" since I was old enough to work... Just watching both of my parents work themselves to the point of exhaustion, depression, and poor health has always made me say " That life is NOT for me"...However my way to escape a life sentence of drudgery was to "do what I love" for work. While my previous and current jobs have been fun and taken me around the world a few times, (I work in the live music industry) I never even thought about a way to retire - my entire financial plan is based around working for bands that are big enough to pay solid wages, HOPEFULLY increasing my rates as I progress through the industry, working for more and more successful bands. Like I said, it can be fun, however I am completely at the mercy of who hires my services. I've had tours cancel right before they are supposed to start, effectively reducing my income to $0.00 unless I quickly found another... Also being forced to work for some insufferable artists is probably worse than working a normal 9-5, I can assure you.

Long story short, reading this book has solidified my resolve to take back CONTROL and re-prioritize my TIME. Strangely enough I was already in the process of forming an LLC with a couple of trusted industry associates to fulfill a real need in our market, well before randomly hearing about this book via a YouTube video. Now armed with this knowledge I firmly believe that our business being successful isn't just a possibility, but inevitable.

Thanks again MJ for writing such an inspiring and eye-opening book.

Winning

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Mar 8, 2014
I read TMF awhile ago. Now I'm here for the badge :)

One of my all time fav books! This forum is like an added bonus.

Winning

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Mar 8, 2014
@rexxkai Haha you got me. And yea, I may have to re-read especially in the next week when I get my wisdom teeth out. I'll be stuck at home for a few days so its an excuse to read a bit more than I usually do.

Maka702

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 13, 2015
Werere
I read the whole book in 2 days. And i was pissed when i finished it so fast. That's a great book right there. Love it!

Basilius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 26, 2015
Czech Republic
Finished reading the book. I'll transfer the notes into my Evernote to make them easily accessible when I need them. But of course I'll re-read the book in the near future to make sure I haven't missed anything that might help me in life.

What I really loved about the book was the whole car/road picture that is really easy to relate to and therefore remember. Well done, MJ!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.