The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Paint Brush Cover Shark Tank Update This Friday

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
I still stand by my statement made earlier you should have listened to the other offers. You would have seen success either way because of things like your work ethic and it being a great product but a better offer could have resulted in you getting much more value.

When you are trying to build a multi-million dollar business, why in the world would you risk losing the person you want to work with, for an extra 100k, 200k or even 300k? They felt Lori was the person to take them where they wanted to go. They could have lost her completely by coming across as too greedy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Awesome update! Did you see any bump in online sales from the airing?

We didn't kill it in online sales this time. Everyone told us that we're going to see it more in the stores. I should have some solid numbers by today, but it looks like we are doing pretty well so far at HD.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I would have listened to what Barbara and Cuban had to say, having the rest of the sharks fighting over them, would have just got them more money, more air time, and a better deal, that's why Lori took that gamble, she knew it would have went up really high like Barbara said she was going to, 300k and 500k, these guys are rich because they have a good product, not because of Lori.

Why on earth would I blow an opportunity to work with the Shark the all 3 of us had our hearts set on????? We got who we wanted and got more than we wanted. That doesn't make any sense to me at all. For an extra 100k? Whats that doing for me? Even an extra 500k. We're all smart enough to know that in the long run, it will be Lori Greiner killing it for us, and just like she said, "Getting us everywhere at lightning speed", not Barbara. Barbara does not have the same connections as Lori in our industry.

We're in so many stores now that we can't even keep up with demand. We had to slow things down and turn away some BIG retailers because we can't even handle it right now.

To me, and my partners, it made absolutely ZERO sense to listen to Barbara. IN fact, after the show, the producers came up to us and told us what Barbara offered and that she said the offer was still on the table. We told them to tell her Thanks, but no Thanks. We got who, and what, we wanted.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Makes me think if I go on shark tank, I'll have to try and control the frame of the whole interaction, from the very start, imply it some how that if you make those kinds of take my offer or you get nothing form me deals, you will loose hard on national TV.

I don't get this. What are you talking about?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Why on earth would I blow an opportunity to work with the Shark the all 3 of us had our hearts set on????? We got who we wanted and got more than we wanted. That doesn't make any sense to me at all. For an extra 100k? Whats that doing for me? Even an extra 500k. We're all smart enough to know that in the long run, it will be Lori Greiner killing it for us, and just like she said, "Getting us everywhere at lightning speed", not Barbara. Barbara does not have the same connections as Lori in our industry.

We're in so many stores now that we can't even keep up with demand. We had to slow things down and turn away some BIG retailers because we can't even handle it right now.

To me, and my partners, it made absolutely ZERO sense to listen to Barbara. IN fact, after the show, the producers came up to us and told us what Barbara offered and that she said the offer was still on the table. We told them to tell her Thanks, but no Thanks. We got who, and what, we wanted.
Didn't you guys holdout for a taping date when Lori would be there, just for a shot at her?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
That's the funny part Sal. Everyone second guessing this --- and you actually got to HEAR her offer. What ever. Who cares. You got what you went in for. And... you were right. 1,000% you were right.

Keep pushing. We are proud of you. You are one of us. You will be one of the best success stories this forum has ever seen. You are why we are here. You are why MJ built this place. You created value from nothing. You are the American dream. You Sal are ... Fast Lane.

You have one job at this point (beyond your day job, in which you give yourself and risk your life for people.) You have one job. Sell more. That one job requires you to listen to only one thing... the market. Now you need to develop your filter that will allow you to turn critics into white noise.

We close every Mind Your Business with Taylor Swift's HATERS song for a reason. For every positive step forward, you will always have people second guessing you, and pretending they might have been able to do it better. Who cares. If they could have done it better, they would have. All the people that think they could swim with the sharks have NEVER done what you have done.

We are proud of you. You're on your way. Your brand will be a household brand name. From the day you bought some scrap plastic at Home Depot and fabricated your own prototype until today. You climbed the mountain other people only read about in the Millionaire Fast Lane. And you're not done yet. You are almost at the summit, but you should be able to see the summit flag from your current vantage point now, a flag nobody can see from the base of the mountain.

Go get it.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I would have listened to what Barbara and Cuban had to say, having the rest of the sharks fighting over them, would have just got them more money, more air time, and a better deal, that's why Lori took that gamble, she knew it would have went up really high like Barbara said she was going to, 300k and 500k, these guys are rich because they have a good product, not because of Lori.

you're saying you'd prefer a temporary higher paper valuation than having the partner they believed could help them create the most long term value?

that's the way most aspiring entrepreneurs think, and thus, are limited to short term results.

it's all math- they're not trying to grow a business that gets a million dollar paper valuation, they're trying to grow a large company. so, let's say theoretically their goal was to grow a company worth $50m.

what does an extra $100k do for them if they grow at half the speed and/or don't grow to their full potential? $100k becomes irrelevant. it's pennies in the long term picture.

if they have a 1 day goal of "let's get as big of a valuation on shark tank as possible" then sure, go with the highest bidder. if their goal is to build their company as fast/big as they'd like to, then obviously they're going to want to go with who they believe is the best partner possible for that.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I don't get this. What are you talking about?

Honestly Sal, you should probably ignore the armchair entrepreneurs.

When they get on the shark tank, they can do it their way. Oh shit, that's right- they'll never get on shark tank.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
I still stand by my statement made earlier you should have listened to the other offers. You would have seen success either way because of things like your work ethic and it being a great product but a better offer could have resulted in you getting much more value.
There's always that one guy. That one guy who has to take something extremely exciting and positive and start looking for the negative.

I don't watch Tv anymore but I used to watch shark tank all the time and you obviously aren't aware of just how many entrepreneurs have come on there and walked away EMPTY handed by doing EXACTLY what you are suggesting the PBC guys should have done.

Not to mention that even if another shark was going to offer more money, as snowbank said, it wouldn't have made a difference in the long run. I'm confident in saying that the connections Lori has probably played a much bigger role in helping this company get to where it is than the amount of money she offered.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Congrats! way to make it happen!

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Just wanted to chime in and say congrats. I saw the update popup on my FB feed from the shark tank. Amazing.

You obviously made the right choice by choosing her as not only an investor but as a partner.

Side note - You also made the right choice by turning down my offer years ago. lol.

Congrats and well deserved. You give inspiration to us all.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
@Likwid24

I had no idea the update was on that particular episode when I sat down for a rare night in front of the tube. Congratulations! I re-wound your section of the show so my lady could see it. She loved your product.

And for all these haters, I'll quote that maniacally talented limelight lover, Kanye West:

"50 told me, Go ahead, switch the style up.
And if they hate then let them hate and watch the money pile up.
The Good Life"

F*ck them armchair lames, Sal. Pick up your loot and laugh all the way to that summit, @Vigilante talked about!

GreatestManEver

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 19, 2014
NYC

Hey Sal I just reread my post, and I think it might have unintentionally come out as a criticism, which was never my intention. I was speaking for myself and what I would have done in that situation, not saying what you should have done, but after reading what you and everyone else wrote, the reasoning and logic behind it, I would have done exactly what you did.
I feel that this thread should be about people showing you respect for you accomplishment, getting inspired from what you guys did, and learning from it, so my apologies if It came out as criticism. Too many top people stopped posting over the years, because of negativity on the forum, If any mods want to remove my post, feel free to, I think this thread should be about positive energy and showing respect.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Hey Sal I just reread my post, and I think it might have unintentionally come out as a criticism, which was never my intention. I was speaking for myself and what I would have done in that situation, not saying what you should have done, but after reading what you and everyone else wrote, the reasoning and logic behind it, I would have done exactly what you did.
I feel that this thread should be about people showing you respect for you accomplishment, getting inspired from what you guys did, and learning from it, so my apologies if It came out as criticism. Too many top people stopped posting over the years, because of negativity on the forum, If any mods want to remove my post, feel free to, I think this thread should be about positive energy and showing respect.

Thank you. I didn't really feel criticized. Just figured you didn't understand my thinking behind my decision. I just didn't understand the part about losing hard on National Television. What did that mean?

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts