The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Mindset Shifts That Can Transform Your Life

Anything related to matters of the mind

Harti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jun 28, 2014
Hey guys,

I'd like to know about the inner game stuff that transformed your life and helped you the most on your journey.

For me it definitely was the realization that the work I put into this won't be useless and that there will be a ROI in the end.

Harti

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Griff

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Feb 23, 2015
Chicago
For me, its the knowledge that time is going to pass no matter what you do. Whether you spend (waste) your time playing video games or spend your time improving yourself and your business ventures, the time is still going to pass. You're still going to have to look at yourself in the mirror and reflect on how you got to where you are.

So for me, 5, 10 years and beyond, I want to be able to look into the mirror and say "I'm proud of what I've done. I resisted instant gratification unlike so many others and instead chose to develop myself."

But unfortunately, most people look at themselves in the mirror and say "I can't believe this much time has already passed. I had so many goals and ambitions that I pushed off for a later date." They didn't realize that while they were postponing, life continued to speed by.

Everything you do in the present leads to your future self. So every day, make your present count.

And remember, wars are just composed of small battles. Although the choices you make in your life right now seem insignificant (like "should I start another TV series?") they are all small battles that determine the outcome of the war. Win your small, daily, battles, and you are sure to win the war.

"There are two types of pain you will go through in life, the pain of discipline and the pain of regret. Discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.”

Jim Rohn

Last edited:

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
you need to filter what enters your mind. you can consume negative things from negative people or positive things from positive people.

also don't try to get it all done today or now or instant. Pace yourself and enjoy the journey. Read the last chapters of your book, the where you want to be part. Then take bite sized steps to get there. if that means just passing math. Just pass math. Do not compare yourself to others. That one is vital. Just beat YOUR last lap time. not everyone elses.

Kamoy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jul 18, 2014
Toronto, ON
Learning that to make the type of impact I want in this world while having financial success means being of service to others. So I wake up each day and ask " How can I be of service? , What can I offer the world? How can I help someone today get closer to their dreams?" And in turn, I end up playing out my own dreams. Win win. A beautiful situation.

Zachariah Lange

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Feb 7, 2015
Southeast Wisconsin, US
My biggest realization was when I was working in retail. I, at the time, aspired to be a manager at a store. Once reaching that point I realized that nothing in the entire operation of the store is "rocket science". That then made me realize that most occupations and endeavors in life were not rocket science, in fact most people with or without a highschool diploma could probably wrap there heads around it if they tried. That realization then led me to the big one, the only difference between those that achieve and those that don't is that the achievers go ahead and do it knowing that they can, while the ones that don't achieve anything never move for fear that they cannot.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
The one moment when I was taking action, making the right choices, personally developed, and coming to the realization that no matter what move I was making, the people around me were sabotaging my success. The one thing I couldn't change was someone else's perspective and mindset. Those moments always remind you that you can do the correct things, but if you're not surrounded and supported by the right people with the right intentions and right emotions, the rug can be ripped right under your feet, just because they aren't happy with you making the changes you are, jealousy, wanting to stay in power and control, and wanting to win. It blows your mind in the middle of it, and the people you least expect would do it, are the one's that sometimes do make you stumble and fall.

ArizonaBoy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 28, 2014
Chandler, AZ
The understanding that to really run your life the way you want rather how others/society dictate you have to learn how to deal with uncertainty, the unknown and take on ALL your fears head-on. Adopt an explorer mindset, constantly try things, take more risks, learn from setbacks and trudge forward to your vision.

Today's society sets up things so life appears predictable, and that apparent predictability breeds weakness and fragility so that when things suddenly change or we encounter setbacks those setbacks really hit us hard. Our ancestors and many people in the third world were/are much more rugged because they understand the inherent uncertainty in life and have adjusted to their tough lives. Adopting this philosophy and constantly push against your fears while not becoming attached to comforts is critical to reaching your full potential.

Bob

Last edited:

PhotoKid95

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Feb 24, 2015
Bay Area, CA
1. life isn’t about finding yourself. It’s about creating yourself.
2. it’s never worth to give up what you want most than what you want now.
3. do the work others aren’t willing to do, and you’ll get the things others will never have.

SirTristram

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 24, 2014
1. Realize you are a representation of the Divine. AKA You have no limitations

2. LOVE YOURSELF

3.Only comparison point needed is with your past self.

4.Keep progressing every single day even if it's a tid or a tad at a time. IT ADDS UP

5.If something is bothering you and you can do something about it CHANGE IT. Every change
adds up to more bliss in life.

6.You only progress when out of your comfort zone.

7.Like MJ says we are our vehicle STOMP that gas.

8.Make a declaration to read every morning before you start your day.

9.Only thing limiting us are our OWN beliefs.

10.Have a WHY, why don't you want to conform and become one more of the sheep.

11.We only have THIS ONE life in our current consciousnesses, live everyday in accordance to
that. The real YOLO

12.WHO CARES WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK. Remember the "other people" are the ones you
want to difference yourself from.

13. Everyone of us can do what we set our minds to do if we do not deviate from our set path.

14.Chasing money does not = getting money. Creating value , well that's another story
-►$$$$$$$$$

15.The market does not care about you, but what you can give to it.

16.BE PRESENT

17.BE AWARE

18. Actually connect with people, turn that damn auto pilot off.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Oh geez, the idea of catagorising mindset changes is a very daunting task, I definately could not accomplish teaching people that at my level by myself.

Look, there are big keys though
- loving people like in ICKs thread
- sticking with it, like in MJs thread (river analogy and seven steps)
- getting into a better environment like Mattie says above
- not letting anger overwhelm you, as I've talked about a lot
- good planning, adaptability, diligence etc, which I've talked about a decent amount
- having good support systems and good attitudes to match (like in I am the Jeffs thread)

Loving people, sticking with it, having a good attitude, not letting anger overwhelm you or corrupt you, getting in a good environment and good planning, adaptability and diligence.

Personally I view it one way. You are going to fight a Kraken that pulls you to the bottom of the ocean. Get that knife of positive influence and work on the tentacles, until you can start heading to the surface.

AND GOOD F#CKING LUCK!!!

Help everyone you can, it'll make you fight longer/better.

I only JUST made it by the skin of my teeth. Watch your a##.
*shudders*

FIGHT

Every darn time you get pulled down, get the F#CK up, or at least grin and bear it.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
Against the cheap loser inside you trying to make you a c#nt
And don't you dare quit

Don't you dare.

You are fighting for something very real, so just keep it up.
And keep keeping it up, with all the strength you have.

Last edited:

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
2 words changed a lot for me: Question Everything

That phrase helped me realize that nothing (or close to it) is -> "the way it's supposed to be done".

Opinion: Everything can be changed/improved

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I'd like to know about the inner game stuff that transformed your life and helped you the most on your journey.
Learning how to control my unconscious behaviors:
  • Our limiting beliefs are holding us back and once we learn how to get rid of those, we will be more aligned for success.
  • When you become consciously aware of a habit, it is no longer a habit: it is a choice. And we can choose to break that pattern, or continue to do it.
  • We act in accordance with the morals our brain was taught to live by. Everybody has their own unique set of morals and values. If your morals and values conflict with success, you will have a harder time achieving it.
  • Run towards pleasure, and don't focus on the pain you're running away from. Our unconscious mind can't process a negative, so whatever you pay attention to, is what you will notice in life.
  • The power of visualizations. A 1996 study at the university of Chicago observed three groups of basketball players over 30 days. Group 1 didnt practice, group 2 practiced daily, group 3 visualized practicing daily, but didn't physically do it. Group 1 didn't improve. Group 2 improved by 24%. Group 3 improved by 23%.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.