The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Blackhat seo for growing business on a budget?

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I wouldn't. You can run decent traffic levels without it just by word of mouth and ingenuity. Black hat is for churn and burn. I don't think you want churn and burn to be your fastlane strategy.

• Banned

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
I wouldn't. You can run decent traffic levels without it just by word of mouth and ingenuity. Black hat is for churn and burn. I don't think you want churn and burn to be your fastlane strategy.
true, was thinking of adapting a few techniques instead of advertising since i have a minimal budget

Djs87

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 24, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Paid advertising is way more useful than blackhat. Plus you can sleep at night knowing you're not gonna wake up to a Google penalty and 100% traffic loss. Just focus on making your business unique and valuable. Make sure you target the right people and your paid ads will perform better.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Quit looking for shortcuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I've changed my tune recently. I say do whatever you can to win.

Blackhatting ANYTHING on your own site is stupid.
Blackhat SEOing a microsite/video for a microniche term is smart.
Get those people on a mailing list with some incentive-bait, and then when google burns your site you're still ahead and move onto the next microsite.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
paying for facebook advertising etc is too expensive
Can you adapt and find the solution to this obstacle?

When you get positive ROI, does it matter if you pay $1 or $30 for a customer?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Thoughts on this. paying for facebook advertising etc is too expensive

This a loser mentality.

This is also a limiting belief.

What are you selling that you can't afford to pay for a customer $20-30 CPA?

Time to find a new business/product.

F*ck SEO.

Harsh but true.

MikeRaymond

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Feb 15, 2015
Black hat SEO works very effectively and please do not listen to anyone that tells you otherwise.

They just know about the tip of the ice berg.

You can't stay ahead of google for long but you can fix the penalties you get from them.

I have used BH SEO for about 4 of my sites, it took about 3-4 months for them to rank high for a selective of my keywords and they earned me massive amounts of sales.

It took about 6 months after they ranked to get penalised by Google. By then I was already getting into gear and ranking them again within 6 weeks.

I could help you out if you have any questions.

tl;dr - If you know your stuff - do it; if not - don't.

MindWarrior

Power Moves
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Feb 23, 2015
Blackhat seo no. Whitehat seo Yes.

Though blackhat seo is effective, it's only for the short term. Once google strikes your site you could be out of the serps for months or worse

Focus on manually building QUALITY links to your website. Create a brand presence

MikeRaymond

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Feb 15, 2015
Blackhat seo no. Whitehat seo Yes.

Though blackhat seo is effective, it's only for the short term. Once google strikes your site you could be out of the serps for months or worse

Focus on manually building QUALITY links to your website. Create a brand presence
What is considered whitehat today may be considered black hat tomorrow by the SE.

What happens when all your "whitehat" work goes to waste?

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Black hat SEO works very effectively and please do not listen to anyone that tells you otherwise.

They just know about the tip of the ice berg.

You can't stay ahead of google for long but you can fix the penalties you get from them.

I have used BH SEO for about 4 of my sites, it took about 3-4 months for them to rank high for a selective of my keywords and they earned me massive amounts of sales.

It took about 6 months after they ranked to get penalised by Google. By then I was already getting into gear and ranking them again within 6 weeks.

I could help you out if you have any questions.

tl;dr - If you know your stuff - do it; if not - don't.

Sounds like the post of someone who has yet to have a massive chunk of their business demolished by a Google slap overnight.

MikeRaymond

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Feb 15, 2015
Sounds like the post of someone who has yet to have a massive chunk of their business demolished by a Google slap overnight.
It would be very stupid for someone to rely on a massive chunk of their business solely off google if using blackhat seo. In my opinion it is a contingency that needs to be taken into account, if you are well prepared recovering is very possible.

And for the record for a short period I have lost business, but I bounced back. I was able to stay afloat with difference marketing methods.

cardine

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 2, 2015
I would never do blackhat SEO for the main site of your company or brand. Just not worth the pain and aggravation.

If you are doing blackhat SEO (even if you are doing it very effectively) I would always assume that eventually (whether that is one week or five years) you will get slapped. Even if you aren't doing blackhat SEO I wouldn't rely on SEO solely for your traffic as Google can easily pull that away from you.

With that being said, I agree with DennisDuty - doing blackhat SEO on parasite pages or microsites can be very effective. Youtube videos are really easy to rank with blackhat SEO, Google is reluctant to punish them (since Google owns Youtube), and even if they do get punished you can easily do a new Youtube video and move on - it's not like your business is destroyed. "Churn and burn" blackhat SEO is a strategy that is alive, well, and provides very high ROI.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Don't think that blackhat seo is going to be a lot more cost-efficient then paid advertising.

If you know what you are doing, then you know it costs money to do it properly.

That said, since you are limited financially, why not do everything in your power to kick-start your business without money.

- guest blogging, interviews, press releases, podcasts, social media, networking etc.

There is more to business then seo vs. paid advertising.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
Thoughts on this. paying for facebook advertising etc is too expensive

on the other hand blackhat seo is cost effective but risky

Facebook is not the only place to advertise, and blackhat SEO is only "cost effective" if you feel that your time is worthless.

BRB buying up all your customers and becoming the authority in your niche while you wait months to rank

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
It would be very stupid for someone to rely on a massive chunk of their business solely off google if using blackhat seo. In my opinion it is a contingency that needs to be taken into account, if you are well prepared recovering is very possible.
If you aren't able to safely get a significant amount (massive chunk) of business from a given sales channel is it really worth your time?

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
do the blackhat stuff on affiliate sites or what have you, to raise money for your start up. Use it to fund your startup, but keep the worlds separate.

greyhat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Feb 8, 2015
If you aren't able to safely get a significant amount (massive chunk) of business from a given sales channel is it really worth your time?
That's a matter of opinion.

And I would add -

What form of online revenue is safe? 2 years ago we were getting most of our sales from a large Facebook page (unpaid traffic). A year ago it was all from paid ads. Now that is rising in cost. What happens when your main advertitising avenue reaches it's critical mass?

My point is that NO form of online income is 100% safe, ever. My strategy is to try absolutely everything I can think of for each project. Every business fares differently with different advertising methods.

Things change very quickly online and that doesn't just apply to black hat SEO.

just my 2 cents.. n00b here be gentle! :p

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.