The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best Option to Use on Fiverr

Marketing, social media, advertising

MadStacks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 31, 2015
Hey everyone,

Been lurking for a few months now, finally decided to jump in.

I have a site and I heard that Fiverr was a good way to get traffic. Do any of you guys have experience using it?

And if so, what would be the best option to purchase? Get Traffic, Social Bookmarking & Links, SEO Services, or Blog Mentions?

Would the SEO stuff be comparable to hiring someone on oDesk?

It's just hard to believe that all of this stuff is 5 bucks.

Please let me know your thoughts and experiences. Thx :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I'm going to try to be as nice as possible. You need to do more research on your own. Google is a hell of a source. There is literally thousands and thousands of articles on SEO. Do you due diligence.

With that said; Fiverr is not going to get you anywhere. Would you buy a toothbrush from Dollartree and expect it to work better than a $10 Colgate? Cheap things are cheap because they suck. This goes for 99.9% of everything in life.

I've used Fiverr for many things and still do, but for SEO.. that's a double hell no. Use it for things like setting up Wordpress cause yeen got no time, or cropping pictures for you, small tasks..

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I wouldn't use Fiverr for anything like "driving traffic", blog mentions, social media followers (unless for some reason it's really important to just look like you have a lot of followers without them being real people). It's a you get what you pay for situation.

Best case scenario? You waste your five bucks. Not too much of a risk there.

Worst case? Your website's "reputation" with search engines tanks because you have spammy links to your site from all over the internet.

My advice to you would be to spend some more time crafting and developing the value/content that you are going to offer and develop a long-term, genuine plan on how you are going to let people know about it. Unless you've got some serious cash for marketing, that's the only REAL way to get authentic traffic.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
You can either teach yourself by using online resources Or you can pay a proper professional and proper being the key word here rates wont be cheap.
Cheap services could cost you more than just $$

Timbonitus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 28, 2014
What could work is if you use someone from Fiverr to create simple videos with voice-over work (about whatever you're trying to promote) and then upload the videos to YouTube with keyword targeted titles, include a link in the description and captions of the video, and that should send some traffic in your direction. Obviously, if you want LOADS of traffic, then you'll need to upload a bunch of different videos.

Griff

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Feb 23, 2015
Chicago
My experience with fiverr hasn't been great. I wrote a kindle ebook and it just wasn't selling so I bought one of those gigs where they promote your ebook to their millions of facebook/twitter followers and the like. The guy I used had lots of 5 star ratings so I thought, "why not, it's only 5 bucks." Well, it didn't do a damn thing for my sales so I'm glad all I spent was $5.

PhotoKid95

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Feb 24, 2015
Bay Area, CA
I used fiverr to get endorsements for my linkedin profile, works pretty well for small things like that.
Fiverr is a good resource to use if one is trying to accomplish tangible things that are measurable. ex: "get 100 likes on facebook page" vs "advertise your page to 100 people."

Butschal

Minister of Silly Walks
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 24, 2015
Pennsylvania
Do not do any sort of SEO or backlinking with Fiverr.

Your wallet will end up $5 lighter, you'll get no traffic, and your link will be plastered across hundreds of different websites that you can't read because they are in Chinese.

Ma Co

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Apr 2, 2012
Vietnam
Why don't you spend 30 min. a day yourself and generate guaranteed laser targeted traffic yourself without risking getting sandboxed by emperor Google?

Here's how:

1. Go to Google Alerts and set ~50 keyword alerts relevant to your niche (general keywords, related keywords, competition's keywords, problem keywords, ...) Use Google dorks.

2. Follow the Alert Emails and post links on relevant blogs and forums. The key is to send valuable content when leaving your links or it will not work.
Start adding value to some forums and leave your links - also in signatures if possible. Again - it only works if you add good solid stuff.

3. Refine/ adjust alerts, replace alerts, add alerts, register in forums that get relevant traffic.
Rinse & repeat.

Instead of Google Alerts you can also use Google directly:

1. Filter by "24 hours"

2. Filter to "date"

3. Again, search for relevant keywords and use Google dorks.

For example for blog commenting:

"Your Keyword" + "Please login to be Post Comments!"
"Your Keyword" + "Blog Comments Powered by Disqus"
"Your Keyword" + "Leave a new comment"
"Your Keyword" + "Comment on the Post"
"Your Keyword" + "Related content"
"Your Keyword" + "Enter your comment:"
"Your Keyword" + "Comments on this entry:"
"Your Keyword" + "Sign in to comment on this entry."
"Your Keyword" + "Comments (You may use HTML tags for style)"
"Your Keyword" + "Login or register to post comments"
"Your Keyword" + "Login or register to post or rate comments"
"Your Keyword" + "Leave a Reply" Name "(required)"' 'Mail (will not be published) "(required)"' "Website"
"Your Keyword" + "You must be registered and logged in to leave comments."
"Your Keyword" + "Sign in to Comment On this Entry"

You can do the same, of course, with forums.

Doing it myself. Works. But naturally, you can now go to Fiverr and outsource this!

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
It's just hard to believe that all of this stuff is 5 bucks.
That should be your first warning!

Cheating Google will turn out very bad for you in the long run.

Don't chase vanity numbers such as likes, web traffic, linkbacks, etc. Go for quality traffic. Google knoooooooowwwws.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.