The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facebook Advertising Mastermind

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
Hey all,
Since there are so many FB advertising ninjas here. Can anybody recommend a great course on FB advertising?

We have several different traffic sources already and a full funnel with several products etc but we just haven't used FB yet. So, we're not new to internet marketing or lead gen, email campaigns, products, upsells, etc.…just new to FB advertising.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Can anybody recommend a great course on FB advertising?

What are some good Fb advertising courses I could purchase that really helped some of you guys?

Hey man, for me it was something that came through trial and error.
No specific course for facebook comes to mind, but hands down the biggest help was actually getting around people
that have mastered it.
Something about being around a high caliber of people forces you to step you game up.
Best thing you can do.
The catch-22 is that everyone wants to be around them and give them a reason (value) to have you around.

The general ideas behind driving traffic are same, some basics are covered in courses like Traffic Blackbook 2.0,
Media-Buying Academy, and alot of the posts by @Andy Black , @JasonR , I think I wrote up a couple.

Hope that helps.

P.s If anyone needs the courses or help, just PM and hit me up.
I'll try to help where I can, I know what it feels like to try to get something off the ground with no connects :rolleyes:

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
Hey man, for me it was something that came through trial and error.
No specific course for facebook comes to mind, but hands down the biggest help was actually getting around people
that have mastered it.
Something about being around a high caliber of people forces you to step you game up.
Best thing you can do.
The catch-22 is that everyone wants to be around them and give them a reason (value) to have you around.

The general ideas behind driving traffic are same, some basics are covered in courses like Traffic Blackbook 2.0,
Media-Buying Academy, and alot of the posts by @Andy Black , @JasonR , I think I wrote up a couple.

Hope that helps.

P.s If anyone needs the courses or help, just PM and hit me up.
I'll try to help where I can, I know what it feels like to try to get something off the ground with no connects :rolleyes:

Thanks for the feedback Silverhawk! Since last time I posted I actually purchased Traffic Blackbook 2.0. I learned some stuff. It wasn't a perfect course but I'm not sure if there is one. So, I want to try and find some other good courses to try and round out the education further.

I don't mind paying for good information that will have a positive ROI.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Are you running campaigns yet?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
Are you running campaigns yet?
Not yet. I want to make sure my tracking is in place and i can split test all the steps of my funnel. Plus, still feel like I'm missing some of the fundamentals in terms of FB strategy. Trying to learn as much as I can.

DiemTrader

NO LIMIT
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Sep 12, 2011
I'm very interested in this as well, I'm very focused on this right now :)

Kyle Tully

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Jul 13, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Not yet. I want to make sure my tracking is in place and i can split test all the steps of my funnel. Plus, still feel like I'm missing some of the fundamentals in terms of FB strategy. Trying to learn as much as I can.

Dude just start spending $2 a day and you will learn more quicker than what's in most courses.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
Dude just start spending $2 a day and you will learn more quicker than what's in most courses.

I'm spending about $14 a day now. Getting some good data. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Still wish I had more strategy but I'm learning.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
The thing that is just a little scary right now is that I know how much a lead is worth from other traffic sources. Right now I'm acquiring my leads from FB for about 60% less than my break even point. So, that should theoretically be good. In the long run I should turn a profit but I don't make all the money up front. It happens on the back end.

I have to wait and be patient to make sure it's actually a source of traffic that is profitable. Feels weird to 'lose money' while I wait but I have to use my current understanding of my #'s to exercise patience.

Pray for me. ;)

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Spend faster - remember, you can never get your time back - and you're wasting time by only spending under $20 a day.

I would rather have $100 worth of data in 1 day then $100 spread across a week.

wilddog

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto
Spend faster - remember, you can never get your time back - and you're wasting time by only spending under $20 a day.

Starting my first campaign this weekend. I was going to do $20 a day. But shit, I'll go all in.
Do you find that certain days/times of the week perform better than others?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Starting my first campaign this weekend. I was going to do $20 a day. But shit, I'll go all in.
Do you find that certain days/times of the week perform better than others?

For the most part, no.

However, major holidays never did well for me (as in, the actual date of the holiday).

Wiggly0607

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 1, 2013
Ohio
Im new, so apologies, but how do you private message someone? Is that the "conversation" button? Or is that public? I'm interested in learning as much as possible about FB ads.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California

Why would I spend a bunch of money when I'm not sure if it's a profitable source of traffic yet? Wouldn't I want to start slower and do some smaller tests?

Please correct me if I'm wrong here but wouldn't the data results be more valid and scientific in terms of scalability if I spread that money out over a few days? Then after a few days they're good…scale from there.

From my understanding...you can't get statistical significance from 1 day's worth of traffic. You need multiple days.

Please note…I'm not saying you're wrong by any means. I'm just trying to learn.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
you can't get statistical significance from 1 day's worth of traffic. You need multiple days.

It's because statistical significance doesn't come from time spent, it comes from putting your ad campaign in front of alot of people and seeing how they respond.
You can spend $2/day and not have statistical significance for 6 months. at $1 CPC only 180 people would have seen in.
Or you can Spend $90/day and have 180 people see it in 2 days.

Why would I spend a bunch of money when I'm not sure if it's a profitable source of traffic yet? Wouldn't I want to start slower and do some smaller tests?

Traffic 'source' here is Facebook, and Facebook is not the problem, especially with the amount of people
spending 5 figures a day or more on facebook profitably.
Some even in this group.

If you're not profitable, the issue is probably traffic you are targeting doesn't match or your campaign has a flaw.

Hope that helps

Hooked

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 11, 2013
Yup, one of the best pieces of advice I've heard is that you don't have a traffic problem, you have an offer problem.

Question of my own here:

I'm currently setting up a new ad campaign for my wife's business (local service). 80% of her page likes are women. Do you guys think it would be better to exclude men from the ads or try harder to appeal to men? Seems like it could be a lesson in futility, but I hate to disregard half of the population, especially since her actual customers are more like 60/40.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
0% of her page likes are women

Numbers are the truth. If there is statistical significance, and it's 80% women.. advertise to women!

If the numbers are skewed online...
The only real way to get an a quantifiable answer is to test.

Hooked

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 11, 2013
Numbers are the truth. If there is statistical significance, and it's 80% women.. advertise to women!

If the numbers are skewed online...
The only real way to get an a quantifiable answer is to test.

Yeah that makes sense. We'll have to look further into how those likes convert into buyers. Alot of the likes so far have actually been customers first and only follow the page afterwards, trying to reverse that.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
Yup, one of the best pieces of advice I've heard is that you don't have a traffic problem, you have an offer problem.

Every lead on my list is worth on average $7. 2 sources of traffic right now bring my leads at $5 per lead. They convert to customers regularly and are steady as she comes.

So, if I continue to bring in leads from FB at $5 or less..and they don't convert…you're saying this isn't a traffic source issue?

Trying to understand…thanks.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
It's because statistical significance doesn't come from time spent, it comes from putting your ad campaign in front of alot of people and seeing how they respond.
You can spend $2/day and not have statistical significance for 6 months. at $1 CPC only 180 people would have seen in.
Or you can Spend $90/day and have 180 people see it in 2 days.

This is 100% accurate.

Hooked

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 11, 2013
So, if I continue to bring in leads from FB at $5 or less..and they don't convert…you're saying this isn't a traffic source issue?

I might have misunderstood a little bit, but I think it still applies. What it means is that getting traffic is easy as long as you can afford it (through high conversions and a profitable offer), so the issue with traffic is usually in the offer and not the lack of traffic. But if you have traffic and one source converts well and another doesn't, then it might be a different story.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

There are $5 leads and there are $5 leads. If your lead quality on FB is worse than other sources you have to improve your targeting and/or funnel. Maybe different wording for fb and other sources.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
There are $5 leads and there are $5 leads. If your lead quality on FB is worse than other sources you have to improve your targeting and/or funnel. Maybe different wording for fb and other sources.

That's an excellent point. I think I'm going to drop my campaigns down to like $3 or $4 a day till I figure out what the heck is going on. Which kind of brings me full circle about why I was looking for a course or a teacher in the first place. Something is off but I'm not sure what it is yet. I haven't been able to discern what the difference is in this lead source/targeting as opposed to my other profitable lead sources.

I still need more training to figure out wtf I'm doing on FB.

kyled427

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jun 19, 2013
Did this ever grow legs? I was considering starting something similar but would rather join one that is already up if nothing else.

I have done $500k+ in FB ads revenue, would be willing to help others get started since I am pretty much out of that game now and looking toward other things

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
Yea it's up and running. Might need some new blood in there as well. Have a good group already there. Guess it's time to open it back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyled427

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jun 19, 2013
Yea it's up and running. Might need some new blood in there as well. Have a good group already there. Guess it's time to open it back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent, mind if I PM you my Skype username so I can be added in? I'd love to be in a group with others who are doing the same.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.