The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Total Business Communication App

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Hello Everyone. I have an idea for an app, designed to serve businesses of all sizes. It will focus on communication of employees, task management, employee reviews, and could even branch to other areas such as payroll, sales and client interaction. It will have limitless expansion potential. These will be the features I implement upon creation: Joinable groups that allow companies and departments to join, IM System, Messaging/Inbox system, an employee review system, a calendar, a task management system where managers can assign tasks to employee(s), feedback system for tasks, and it will have sharing options to cloud services like Dropbox and Google Drive. There are already apps that do these things seperately, but no apps combine all features like I want to do. What is everyone's thoughts? Ill be throwing up a landing page soon to gauge more interest as well. Also, can i get some name criticism? I was thinking about "Offitalk" but im the worst at namings.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

thidr0

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Feb 13, 2015
Brooklyn
If you had to pick, what is the one thing this app does very very well? A solution that does everything kind of well will probably do no one thing very well. Doesn't sound very focused. And maybe pick a niche market to go after -- like Dan from the Foundation who made a lead management system for real estate. He can easily branch out from there.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
The primary use at first would be task management and communication. Once I nail that down, then I could expand, thatd be my growth strategy as a product

thidr0

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Feb 13, 2015
Brooklyn
The primary use at first would be task management and communication. Once I nail that down, then I could expand, thatd be my growth strategy as a product

Cool. How is it 10x better than any of the competitors? (Asana, trello, Basecamp, etc.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Thats where the expansion would come. Id start with task management, communication, etc. Do some stuff a bit different, make a high quality product, be a true competitor to them in terms of value and quality Then, once I make a high quality product, spread and become an ecompassing app. I know what you're saying but the plan would be to build slow and steadily as an ecompassing business service and combine the best parts of established apps. Eliminate the needfor 5 different business apps.

Fenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 16, 2014
Eliminate the difference of 5 different business apps, because you'd build 1 that cover all this 5 needs it's a very good idea if all this need are strong.

A great example of this is the IPhone: MP3 player, camera, telephone and computer all in 1.

It worked because it's more comfortable and cheaper than by 5 good separate devices.

If you can show that your product is more comfortable and/or cheaper, you could have a winning horse.

Be open to the option of creating a trial period to make costumers understand your product.

Can I suggest you something else?

Make different offerts, each one that satisfy just some need your product is able to cover. That because not all customers may need all the platform, or maybe they need it, but they don't know.

Finally add the upgrade option for who want more options that your platform offers.

Why am I telling all that?

Because my partner has been doing the same thing for 12 years with a different product and it's working.

Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 16, 2014
Read again the conclusion of the previous message :)

I had to write it in that way because I couldn't correct that part.

Now it's correct and you can read that I'm not a potential competitor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Oh okay, haha. Gotcha now. I'm glad because that is a solid idea and kind of what was I was pitching...Start with one and grow naturally. But I can start with one, have a free trial, get people to upgrade to a full fo that one and grow naturally that way and rinse and repeat to the full productivity app I envision.

Seems I truly need a landing page to garner interest. 1/2 here that responded liked, and only two different responses.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.