The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bought Money Mastery

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I believe it.
You know these peeps like to give people a hard time about everything and anything! As long as you believe it! That's all that matters!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
You know these peeps like to give people a hard time about everything and anything! As long as you believe it! That's all that matters!
Exactly, I mean you can find something to discredit anything but I'm not focusing on that.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
http://www.johnsjacob.com/uploads/9ReasonsURPoor.pdf
http://darrenjstephens.com/media/MillionaireAndBillionairesbyDarrenStephens.pdf

Here's something to read Luffy! :) Liked the quote "Move yourself from the effect side to the cause side of the success equation. Be the cause not the because!" I knew most of it already, but thought it had some good things. Yes, Learning is the tool!

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
http://www.johnsjacob.com/uploads/9ReasonsURPoor.pdf
http://darrenjstephens.com/media/MillionaireAndBillionairesbyDarrenStephens.pdf

Here's something to read Luffy! :) Liked the quote "Move yourself from the effect side to the cause side of the success equation. Be the cause not the because!" I knew most of it already, but thought it had some good things. Yes, Learning is the tool!
Good links, mostly stuff I already know but some of my knowledge is surface level, it's the first of the three levels of learning Tony Robbins talks about in his new book. Btw I'm not really a fan of a non-millionare/billionaire writing about how to become like that, I don't care if he mentions others.

G

GuestUser113

lynch-cart-o.gif

@theag

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Tony said anybody that sincerely follows the advice will be financially free so I believe it.

LOL, as he is hoping several millions will believe it as well.

Amazing how someone who had liposuction and gastric bypass surgery to lose 200 lbs can suddenly write a book about proper nutrition and exercise as a means to lose 200 lbs. Give that some thought.

Mark Anthony Le

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 29, 2011
NY, New York

Amazing how someone who had liposuction and gastric bypass surgery to lose 200 lbs can suddenly write a book about proper nutrition and exercise as a means to lose 200 lbs. Give that some thought.

58645085.jpg

I'll do @theag a favor and post it for him

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014

Well according to him alot of the content are the advice of other more financially savvy people than him, most or all are billionaires.

Semmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2014
Canary Islands, Spain
Well according to him alot of the content are the advice of other more financially savvy people than him, most or all are billionaires.

You just don't get it! Don't you?

58645085.jpg

You don't even know if he even wrote ONE word of "his book" himself.
Tony Robbins created a brand for himself that has some emotional
entertainment value and some motivational value for people to
"getting into action" (one of his subliminal audio CDs that came along
with the PERSONAL POWER II set that I offered you.

That's it - nothing else. He did interview gazillions of people and sold
CDs with his interviews with all those people... where you of course
never got to hear the "whole story" of their systems, whether it was
investing or any other form to help you "make money". In the end
you just got sold MORE products and services from those people that
he interviewed.

The way Tony Robbins made and makes money has NOTHING to do
with what is written in his book. (I don't even know why I am posting
this as I have already unsubscribed from this topic here.) SIGH.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Hey I really don't know what your point is, if you expect me to not read the book then it's not gonna happen. I know he didn't make his fortune with the advice in the book but he also don't care about making a profit from it since the success won't effect his lifestyle in any way, so he has no reason to sell us anything for personal gain. Again, he lets you know it's not just his own opinion as he admits there are people much better off than him financially. Also, this books target are mostly regular people. I assume if the book talked about entrepreneurship and how everyone should start their own business you'd be ok. Not everyone knows or cares about that, since you're bought in to the mindsets of TMF you categorize anything as slowlane or fastlane and while there is truth to it, the world isn't so black and white. Stop creating drama out of nothing, let's agree to disagree.

G

GuestUser113

Hey I really don't know what your point is, if you expect me to not read the book then it's not gonna happen. I know he didn't make his fortune with the advice in the book but he also don't care about making a profit from it since the success won't effect his lifestyle in any way, so he has no reason to sell us anything for personal gain. Again, he lets you know it's not just his own opinion as he admits there are people much better off than him financially. Also, this books target are mostly regular people. I assume if the book talked about entrepreneurship and how everyone should start their own business you'd be ok. Not everyone knows or cares about that, since you're bought in to the mindsets of TMF you categorize anything as slowlane or fastlane and while there is truth to it, the world isn't so black and white. Stop creating drama out of nothing, let's agree to disagree.

1351266097766.gif

OzzieRob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 3, 2013
Perth, Australia
I've read the book and my conclusion is that people should not follow this books advice unless:

a) They are a high income earner and can wait 30 years to retire

b) You already have a spare million over in cash and want to preserve your wealth

Most people including myself on this forum don't want a mediocre lifestyle or wait 30-40 years before they reach retirement and hope the money is still there when we retire

Tony Robbins we all agree is a great guy and most of us have read his books but we aren't stupid. We can smell a money trail that is going to line someones pocket and it ain't yours

Cheers
Rob

Trivium iz rC

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jan 23, 2014
I don't understand whats so hard to understand about being financially free, It's a very simple formula. The problem is, the formula isn't instantaneous & that's what 95% of the population wants, instant gratification. You have to put work in to make yourself available to other opportunities.

In my opinion there's three different types of people in this world.
-Employees
-Self-Employed
-Small->Big Business

95% of the people in this world will either be an Employee or Self-Employed because of there choices.

~ If your are an Employee most will never get anywhere because your always exchanging Time for Money. Most have no interest in expanding there education after graduating school. They rather just consume, party and go into debt "Look Wealthy" & complain how there's never any opportunity even when there's opportunity right in front of them. They just brush it off and continue doing the same thing day after day.

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
I bought it. I got 3 chapters in and threw it in the fire pit outside.

Just kidding lol

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I don't think @Luffy is a real person. I'm going full sorority over here because I can't even.

Trivium iz rC

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jan 23, 2014
I don't understand whats so hard to understand about being financially free, It's a very simple formula. The problem is, the formula isn't instantaneous & that's what 95% of the population wants, instant gratification. You have to put work in to make yourself available to other opportunities.

In my opinion there's two different types of people in this world.

-Employees

-Business Men/Women

95% of the people in this world will be Employee’s because of there choices.

~ If your are an Employee most will never get anywhere because your always exchanging Time for Money. Most have no interest in expanding there education after graduating school. They rather just consume, party and go into debt "Look Wealthy" & complain how there's never any opportunity even when there's opportunity right in front of them. They just brush it off and continue doing the same thing day after day.

By trading your time for money your opportunities for investment activity’s(Offense) are minimal because you have no value besides trading your time for money. Most employee's believe 401k's are the way to retirement little do they know IRA's & 401k's keep 95% of americans in poverty & poor because they lack financial education. But with a 401k I can defer my taxes!!!!! So the government can’t get as much. Ya….. But isn’t the “99%” always complaining about how LOW marginal tax rates are and how we need to HIKE them up to 70% to 90% how they used to be when America was in it’s golden years. You’re money is locked in for however many years if you pull it out early you get taxed at your current tax bracket plus 10% penalty. The only investments that you can really buy with your 401k are paper assets (stocks, mutual funds, bonds) ect.

USA has 18 Trillion in national debt. Tax rates will go up eventually on all marginal income brackets or by an inflation tax when the value of the dollar becomes worthless. So by the time Jim-Bob Joe retires at the age of 70. Marginal tax rates will be higher because of government debt, the dollar will loose most if not all it’s value because of QE.

Ex: Jim-Bob Stephenson retires with 1.4m in his retirement account. He decides every year after age 70 until he dies he will withdraw 93k from his 401k.

Current tax rates for Jim-Bob Stephenson 401k retirement deferment: Let’s say Jim Bobs life expectancy is 85. So 1.4m/15 years= 93k Year. His tax rates are Federal (28%) State (5%) SS&Medicare (7.65%) equalling a whopping 40%. 40% of 93k is 37.2k. 93-37.2=55.8k to live on a year until he dies @ 85 hypithetically. Jim’s real retirement will only be 837K. Remember this is with current tax rates. by the time jim box retires tax rates will be higher & inflation will eat away at the purchasing power of the dollar.

The only way employee’s can retire is through investing in the stock market/single family real estate. There is minimal control in this situation. Don’t forget every 2-9years we have a stock market crash were the market loses 40-60% of its value. Employee’s use the stock market to retire.

Business Mans Formula To Wealth:

1) Find a need and solve a problem

2) Turn that need/problem into a business

3) Grow the business until it starts producing profits/extensive cash flow

4) Keep educating yourself about Business & Investing

5) Take 35% of business profits and start investing

6) Keep expanding and growing your business & profits

7) Invest in different asset classes

7A) Paper Assets

7B) Real Estate

7C) Commodities (Oil,Farm,Mining) Ect

7D) Invest in other Small Businesses

8) Rinse & Repeat

Business Men/Women use other asset classes to maintain there wealth.

The wealthy don’t make there money paying themselves a monster salary, they do it by paying themselves a modest salary & the rest in business profits.The Biggest advantage of being a business owner is when you start making profits (Long Term Capital Gains/Distributions). Long Term Gains are taxed @ 3 Levels 0%, 15%, 20% +/- State Taxes & Obama Care.

They also OWN nothing but control everything. All of there business’s are Corporations. Example: Blah Blah Graphic Design Corp, Blah Blah Investments Corp, Blah Blah Reality Corp & Blah Blah Trust that owns the three above companies. So all there earnings will fall under & be eligible for Long Term Distributions. The wealthy know there taxes & keep there corporations in states/countries with no income taxes.

The Wealthy Invest For Cash Flow

The Poor Invest For Capital Gains (01 .com Bubble, 08 Real-Estate Bubble)

The Poor’s only option is to invest in “The Market” & Real estate that on average only 8-13% return.

The Wealthy Invest in things they can control. Private Equity, Commodities, Commercial Real Estate that can give returns of 100’s of 1,000’s of percent returns.

The road is paved and very simple it’s just most people don’t want to learn, put in the effort or work at all.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014

In my opinion there's two different types of people in this world.

-Employees

-Business Men/Women

95% of the people in this world will be Employee’s because of there choices.

By trading your time for money your opportunities for investment activity’s(Offense) are minimal because you have no value besides trading your time for money. Most employee's believe 401k's are the way to retirement little do they know IRA's & 401k's keep 95% of americans in poverty & poor because they lack financial education. But with a 401k I can defer my taxes!!!!! So the government can’t get as much. Ya….. But isn’t the “99%” always complaining about how LOW marginal tax rates are and how we need to HIKE them up to 70% to 90% how they used to be when America was in it’s golden years. You’re money is locked in for however many years if you pull it out early you get taxed at your current tax bracket plus 10% penalty. The only investments that you can really buy with your 401k are paper assets (stocks, mutual funds, bonds) ect.

USA has 18 Trillion in national debt. Tax rates will go up eventually on all marginal income brackets or by an inflation tax when the value of the dollar becomes worthless. So by the time Jim-Bob Joe retires at the age of 70. Marginal tax rates will be higher because of government debt, the dollar will loose most if not all it’s value because of QE.

Ex: Jim-Bob Stephenson retires with 1.4m in his retirement account. He decides every year after age 70 until he dies he will withdraw 93k from his 401k.

Current tax rates for Jim-Bob Stephenson 401k retirement deferment: Let’s say Jim Bobs life expectancy is 85. So 1.4m/15 years= 93k Year. His tax rates are Federal (28%) State (5%) SS&Medicare (7.65%) equalling a whopping 40%. 40% of 93k is 37.2k. 93-37.2=55.8k to live on a year until he dies @ 85 hypithetically. Jim’s real retirement will only be 837K. Remember this is with current tax rates. by the time jim box retires tax rates will be higher & inflation will eat away at the purchasing power of the dollar.

The only way employee’s can retire is through investing in the stock market/single family real estate. There is minimal control in this situation. Don’t forget every 2-9years we have a stock market crash were the market loses 40-60% of its value. Employee’s use the stock market to retire.

Business Mans Formula To Wealth:

1) Find a need and solve a problem

2) Turn that need/problem into a business

3) Grow the business until it starts producing profits/extensive cash flow

4) Keep educating yourself about Business & Investing

5) Take 35% of business profits and start investing

6) Keep expanding and growing your business & profits

7) Invest in different asset classes

7A) Paper Assets

7B) Real Estate

7C) Commodities (Oil,Farm,Mining) Ect

7D) Invest in other Small Businesses

8) Rinse & Repeat

Business Men/Women use other asset classes to maintain there wealth.

The wealthy don’t make there money paying themselves a monster salary, they do it by paying themselves a modest salary & the rest in business profits.The Biggest advantage of being a business owner is when you start making profits (Long Term Capital Gains/Distributions). Long Term Gains are taxed @ 3 Levels 0%, 15%, 20% +/- State Taxes & Obama Care.

They also OWN nothing but control everything. All of there business’s are Corporations. Example: Blah Blah Graphic Design Corp, Blah Blah Investments Corp, Blah Blah Reality Corp & Blah Blah Trust that owns the three above companies. So all there earnings will fall under & be eligible for Long Term Distributions. The wealthy know there taxes & keep there corporations in states/countries with no income taxes.

The Wealthy Invest For Cash Flow

The Poor Invest For Capital Gains (01 .com Bubble, 08 Real-Estate Bubble)

The Poor’s only option is to invest in “The Market” & Real estate that on average only 8-13% return.

The Wealthy Invest in things they can control. Private Equity, Commodities, Commercial Real Estate that can give returns of 100’s of 1,000’s of percent returns.

The road is paved and very simple it’s just most people don’t want to learn, put in the effort or work at all.
How do you think society would look if everyone was self employed/started their own business? What would be the costs not having employees?

OzzieRob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 3, 2013
Perth, Australia
Luffy mate, employees are needed of course but in general many of us here on this forum are already either running a business or want to start a business as a sideline. Sometimes being an Enrepreneur and running a business no matter how big or small is not the right lifestyle for everyone and the only way of knowing whether it is right for you or not is to give it a try.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
You don't even know if he even wrote ONE word of "his book" himself.
Think this is the catch "The real deal doesn't outsource to write books."
the "whole story" of their systems
Now why would any millionaire or billionaire give you their secrets? They've worked hard, to hard to get there. Don't believe they're helping you at all by giving you any information that would be valuable to your success. Help yourself. That would be breaking the rules to actually give to much information. lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.