The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I think I've figured out what I want to do..

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Isn't it just being present? Also what separates you from the thousand other new age people?

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
It can be done...but it will take so much time and energy.

"But it will take so much time and energy"
Of course... but anything worth doing will take time and energy.

I don't know how everybody else works, but the way I work is by figuring out what I want to do, and then narrowing it down as the idea develops.
All roads are equally valid if you find the correct solutions to the correct problems.
I'd keep moving forward with the idea and pathfind as you go.

I actually started writing a book a few years ago on mindfulness. never finished it, but I just might. Obviously, there are so many books on the topic already, but mine is a bit different.
Even if it's not immediately successful, super important to get it out there on the Kindle at the least to build up your credibility.
Put one book on the kindle, and when you describe yourself and what you do to other people you can add "author" to the list.

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
"But it will take so much time and energy"
Of course... but anything worth doing will take time and energy.

I don't know how everybody else works, but the way I work is by figuring out what I want to do, and then narrowing it down as the idea develops.
All roads are equally valid if you find the correct solutions to the correct problems.
I'd keep moving forward with the idea and pathfind as you go.

That's precisely what I prescribed, except I suggesting narrowing down right from the get go.

There's TONS of self-help gurus/new age thinkers etc etc...

Attempting to gain build an audience, mainly online, without immediately trying to differentiate yourself is just asking for failure.

I know several hypnotherapists IRL that were not able to make this process work for them. One in particular has gained her "followers" by heavily investing in physical, real-life events/activities, as it's really hard to get a momentum going online only.

If said hypnotist instead picked a specific subject, and applied her talents to dominating a niche...I think the path to success would be quicker, and even then, it would still be long and arduous.

Still, one can adjust as they go. It's better to just get started and reiterate your approach based on feedback.

BTW, I strongly suggest looking examining Paul McKenna, his audio downloads are super high quality. He sets an amazing standard for an online business based on hypnosis/meditation audio files.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

aa610

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 5, 2015
Massachusetts
Isn't it just being present? Also what separates you from the thousand other new age people?

It is.. but the average person finds so many obstacles in getting there. And a lot of the books don't address that. You'd be surprised how hard it is to stay present, and deal with the thoughts that go through your head.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
It is.. but the average person finds so many obstacles in getting there. And a lot of the books don't address that. You'd be surprised how hard it is to stay present, and deal with the thoughts that go through your head.
I know I could become very present if I took the time to meditate for 10-20 mins but it's hard to sustain that present energy throughout the day. I've never read any books on the subject and probably never will, I see no point in it.

aa610

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 5, 2015
Massachusetts
I know I could become very present if I took the time to meditate for 10-20 mins but it's hard to sustain that present energy throughout the day. I've never read any books on the subject and probably never will, I see no point in it.

You may not see the point and may not be helpful. But it's incredible helpful in dealing with emotions, feelings, and the automatic responses that we allow to guide our actions.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
You may not see the point and may not be helpful. But it's incredible helpful in dealing with emotions, feelings, and the automatic responses that we allow to guide our actions.
How has it helped you personally? To me it's good and I've been wanting to make it a habit.
Btw where are you in your avatar? It looks like a nice background if I'm not going crazy.

aa610

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 5, 2015
Massachusetts
How has it helped you personally? To me it's good and I've been wanting to make it a habit.

It's helped me in realizing that my thoughts aren't who I am. biggest difference for me has been in falling asleep.

Being present, and just noticing myself lie there, and actually be present has been incredible in helping me fall and get a better sleep. Most of the time, people lie down, and they start thinking about things.. and then can't fall asleep. Often, they think about how little sleep they're going to get if they don't fall asleep!

If you try to fight emotions like anxiety, etc, they only end up being worse. Just being mindful, realizing they are imperanent, and coming back to whatever is actually going on in front of you (being present) can make a big difference.

Btw where are you in your avatar? It looks like a nice background if I'm not going crazy.

It's St. John in the US Virgin Islands. Absolutely amazing place. I recommend it. The water is actually blue and clear like you see in most vacation commercials!

0409AS2_zps91d30118.jpg

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
It's helped me in realizing that my thoughts aren't who I am. biggest difference for me has been in falling asleep.

Being present, and just noticing myself lie there, and actually be present has been incredible in helping me fall and get a better sleep. Most of the time, people lie down, and they start thinking about things.. and then can't fall asleep. Often, they think about how little sleep they're going to get if they don't fall asleep!

If you try to fight emotions like anxiety, etc, they only end up being worse. Just being mindful, realizing they are imperanent, and coming back to whatever is actually going on in front of you (being present) can make a big difference.

It's St. John in the US Virgin Islands. Absolutely amazing place. I recommend it. The water is actually blue and clear like you see in most vacation commercials!

0409AS2_zps91d30118.jpg
I see, personally I'm very good at relaxing, I've had times when I couldn't sleep but I just tell myself to relax and I become relaxed and before you know it I'm sleeping. Also nice place, I might check it out in the future for vacation.

aa610

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 5, 2015
Massachusetts
I see, personally I'm very good at relaxing, I've had times when I couldn't sleep but I just tell myself to relax and I become relaxed and before you know it I'm sleeping. Also nice place, I might check it out in the future for vacation.

that is great! you might be surprised at how difficult this is for most!

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I can tell you more if you're curious.

This will be your first, and last warning: POST LESS, READ MORE. Got it? If you don't want to comply, you will be simply removed. I've read enough and frankly, it isn't good energy for the forum.

aa610

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 5, 2015
Massachusetts
Uh yea sorry. Didn't mean it like that.

And sorry to you MJ if I was in the wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Right Now Network

This sounds real nice to me. It also implies there's a network...a connection...
and hopefully a big following to your teachings.

It also has a "call-to-action" sound to it...the words "Right now" - to me it's sort of uplifting.

I'm not successful yet, so below thoughts are just that, my thoughts:

- Maybe you could build a nice following using a YouTube channel, and sense what the market needs the most. Maybe Q & A format, where your first videos can have answers to frequently asked questions.

- I think there's an audience for sure. You just need to be different and special in some way. Whether it's the topics you cover, or the way you cover them. The special, recognizable "Amy way", which people will either love or not, but sure distinguish it from all the other meditation instructors out there.

- Some possible ingredients to your special flavor could be humor, positive energy (as opposed to many instructors who are just too boring and bored looking in their "calmness"), practicality of instructions, tackling interesting questions...maybe you could also do live "in the now" seminars, where you bring people together, create an event out of it, and that's their first meditation session...or you could do it online, with live streaming...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.