The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bought Money Mastery

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
I'm psyched, I know Tony Robbins is legit and this is probably one of the best investments I've made.
Also first time I've purchased anything with my master card, it's digital book on my iPhone 6.

Anyone else that have read it leave your thoughts and comments, I will make a commitment to read 20 mins/day

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I bought it the very first day it came out. I'm a big Tony fan and I really wanted to like the book, but dang that book is slowlane disguised as fastlane.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
58645085.jpg

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
I bought it the very first day it came out. I'm a big Tony fan and I really wanted to like the book, but dang that book is slowlane disguised as fastlane.
Hey, Tony said anybody that sincerely follows the advice will be financially free so I believe it.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Also interested on other fastlaners perspective on the book, as I received it as a Christmas gift, put it down after a half of chapter of Tony hyping himself up as well as the book, describing it as the modern "Think and Grow Rich". Really just seems like slowlane advice disguised.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Alright I'm not reading anymore critical posts of the book, it's discouraging.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Hey, Tony said anybody that sincerely follows the advice will be financially free so I believe it.

Fastlane = Financially free in 10 yrs
Slowlane = Financially free in 40 yrs

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Really admire the guy.....Read some of that book. Couldn't get into it though. Great marketing.

alfonso

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jan 26, 2015
new york
I'm sorry bud I would have to agree with everyone here. Read the book and it's based solely on investing for the future. What areas hedge fund managers put there own money in. Valuable information but slowlane for fact. He talks about 8 percent consistent earning and the likes. But I guess it's good once you have the funds to maintain or as TMF states as an Avenue to live off the interest.

Semmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2014
Canary Islands, Spain

Obviously you have not read The Millionaires Fastlane book about gurus preaching the slow lane while getting rich using the fastlane and preaching strategies to their audience they do not use themselves (because they do not work as advertised). Buy hey @Luffy if you are just posting here to get your own opinion confirmed it is the wrong place to be.

If you are such a big Tony Robbin Fan I can send you his 30 CDs Course "Anthony Robbins Personal Power II" that I happen to buy from his company from an TV night info commercial while being stuck in hotel room in Los Angele in 2000. Seriously, this thing is collecting dust here and even I own gazillions of self-help books and I am an action taker and not a collector - this is serious offer, if you want to have that damn thing I send it to you for the pure shipping and handling cost if you are such a big fan of his.

I was seriously disapointed after he got divorced after he used his oh-so-harmonious-marriage in most of his former materials. Not that important really though.

The point is - and that is the important point in MJs TMF book that you should be aware of "gurus" preaching one road: "slow lane" while earning their money with "fast lane" (selling millions of books, audios, apps that creates true leverage of income).

Last edited:

Semmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2014
Canary Islands, Spain
@Luffy also - some of this self help work is really motivating and can get you to "get going" and "get things done" - the question here is: are those the "RIGHT THINGS" that you get done! I used Tony Robbins strategies while I worked as a telephone sales marketer and he actually helped me a bit in improving my sales success when I was employed sitting in a cubicle doing my sales calls. BUT: Tony Robbins strategies did nothing to me change the roadmap I was traveling or to open my eyes why I am not making any real progress in my life overall.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Obviously you have not read The Millionaires Fastlane book about gurus preaching the slow lane while getting rich using the fastlane and preaching strategies to their audience they do not use themselves (because they do not work as advertised). Buy hey @Luffy if you are just posting here to get your own opinion confirmed it is the wrong place to be.

If you are such a big Tony Robbin Fan I can send you his 30 CDs Course "Anthony Robbins Personal Power II" that I happen to buy from an TV night info commercial while being stuck in hotel room in Los Angele in 2000. Seriously, this thing is collecting dust here and even
I own gazillions of self-help books and I am an action taker and not a collector - this is serious offer, if you want to have that damn thing I send it to you for the pure shipping and handling cost if you are such a big fan of his.

I was seriously disapointed after he got divorced after he used his oh-so-harmonious-marriage in most of his former materials. Not that important really though.

The point is - and that is the important point in MJs TMF book that you should be aware of "gurus" preaching one road: "slow lane" while earning their mone with "fast lane" (selling millions of books, audios, apps that creates true leverage of income).
No I don't want you sending me anything, thanks for the offer though. Maybe you see it that way but I've found alot of this advice on point, maybe little vague here and there. I don't think he's one of those sale scams and imo if he come across that way then it's not intentional. I will still read the book though and then give my thoughts, I'm sure I'll learn a few things by the end of it and I'll get to TMF , I'm reading it slowly atm, I go through a chapter every time I sit down to read it, on chapter 5 right now.

Semmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2014
Canary Islands, Spain
Don't go slow reading the TMF - read it several times! In fact I reread it every month now.

We are not talking about Tony Robbins being a "scam artist" - the "scam" is preaching "slow lane",
while this will not deliver what it promises to people.

You will see when complete the TMF book. What Tony Robbins is preaching is not working for
slowlaners, the mathematics behind it prevent it. Again, I would not need to tell you this if you
would have completed TMF first

Why would you even buy another book before you have finished the TMF first?

SHAKINGMYHEAD

PS: Reading SLOW is a myth by the way. You will not get more out of a book if you read it slow.
I took a speed reading course when I was 15. There are simple tests that can prove this to you:
read a given text extremely slow - then answer questions about it after wards. Now do it in your
normal reading speed and answer questions (obviously about another text!). Then in the end
read some text extremely slow - then answer the questions.

You will be amazed about the result: you will have memorized more and remembered more
with the text that you read extremely fast or at least when you were reading normally, it is
statistically proven that reading slow will not do anything.

Because: reading is a mechanical things - THINKING about what you have read is independent
of your reading speed! IMPLEMETING yet another instance.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Don't go slow reading the TMF - read it several times! In fact I reread it every month now.

We are not talking about Tony Robbins being a "scam artist" - the "scam" is preaching "slow lane",
while this will not deliver what it promises to people.

You will see when complete the TMF book. What Tony Robbins is preaching is not working for
slowlaners, the mathematics behind it prevent it. Again, I would not need to tell you this if you
would have completed TMF first

Why would you even buy another book before you have finished the TMF first?

SHAKINGMYHEAD

PS: Reading SLOW is a myth by the way. You will not get more out of a book if you read it slow.
I took a speed reading course when I was 15. There are simple tests that can prove this to you:
read a given text extremely slow - then answer questions about it after wards. Now do it in your
normal reading speed and answer questions (obviously about another text!). Then in the end
read some text extremely slow - then answer the questions.

You will be amazed about the result: you will have memorized more and remembered more
with the text that you read extremely fast or at least when you were reading normally, it is
statistically proven that reading slow will not do anything.

Because: reading is a mechanical things - THINKING about what you have read is independent
of your reading speed! IMPLEMETING yet another instance.
Alright man. First of all chill out, this isn't such a big deal. Second, I don't read slow because of what I'll get, I just do it because that's what I feel like doing, by slow I don't mean I read the texts slowly I just don't read alot so I'm going through it slowly overall. Third, based on my current pace it would be dumb to wait untill I'm finished with TMF before I purchased another book, I'll finish it in about a month at my currrent pace, then again I could also get motivated and finish it alot sooner.

Semmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2014
Canary Islands, Spain
I think this sums up most of what you wrote on the forum

Alright man. First of all chill out, this isn't such a big deal. Second, I don't read slow because of what I'll get, I just do it because that's what I feel like doing, by slow I don't mean I read the texts slowly I just don't read alot so I'm going through it slowly overall. Third, based on my current pace it would be dumb to wait untill I'm finished with TMF before I purchased another book, I'll finish it in about a month at my current pace, then again I could also get motivated and finish it alot sooner.

Finishing the TMF before buying that Tony Robbins book would have saved you money and wasted time in the first place.

All I can say now is:

58645085.jpg

I am out of this thread - "unwatching" NOW. Good luck!

PS: When I first got MJs book I sat down straight for 3 days and stopped almost
everything else that I was doing. In the end it is a question of personal priorities.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Probably one of the first things anybody should realize about the slowlane is that there are literally thousands of companies backing this shit because they are in the business of financial product and services! It's a multi-billion dollar industry. Probably trillion.

Look at the Forbes 400. Did anybody there get rich because they worked two full time jobs and invested it all in mutual funds? NO. You see fastlane principles at play at one form or another; private equity, entrepreneurship or venture capital.

Wanna know why Warren Buffett tells you ridiculous shit like "Coca Cola stock 100 years from now would be worth millions, buy it!" or "Index funds are the way to go! because 50 years from now you can't lose money!" Because if warren buffett actually told everyone how he actually invests and why, he would lose a tremendous competitive edge. He buys big shares in companies, cleans out management then tries to squeeze money out of distressed assets or create value with new partnerships or strategies. Its activist investing not analyzing and buying stocks on ETRADE. Its not in his shareholders interest or his to tell you how he does everything, why? because he is competing for crying out loud! This is why you never hear him talk about anything of HOW or WHY about his next deal or buy, its all behind the scenes.

The hypocrisy is just disappointing. Warren buffett doesn't do any of that shit. Tony robbins didn't get rich like that. The founder of vanguard didn't get rich investing in mutual funds he got rich offering financial product and services.

This is why you should always figure things out on your OWN. Not what the media tells you. There is so much dishonesty and misleading.

And yet we should listen to these liars because they are somehow an authority figure.

Seriously, have you ever met a multi millionaire whether in person or in a news article because they bought into mutual funds or saved money or worked two jobs? never.

The fastlane works because its based off of the laws of economics and mathematics not regurgitated shit like the slowlane which no one on the forbes 400 got rich following.

Last edited:

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Big Tony fan

Hes a brilliant salesman.

I bought 2 of his books including this one. Won't be buying any more of his products. They are for slowlaners and no one else. Not that I'm a high and might fastlaner, I am not, but I don't need to be reading books on the slow lane.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania

You're taking this way too personally. If you like Tony Robbins, that's fine. I think deep down, he means well. And if you want to read his books, go for it.

The reason you're receiving controversial responses is because the advice in his "new" book is really no different than any other slowlane book. And for most people that's fine, but you're sharing it on a forum full of people who are trying to build businesses with exponential growth.

Let's be realistic--at the end of the day most self-help books are exactly the same. They're all full of sugar plums and candy canes. And you say you're dawdling through TMF, which is like the ANTI-self-help book. Yet you're excited to break open yet another book about making safe investments and unleashing "the hidden power within.

Everyone here has made mistakes. Those mistakes cost us time, the only commodity you can not get more of. Yet instead of listening to these people, you're in denial. It's very frustrating to watch.

OzzieRob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 3, 2013
Perth, Australia
Was given Money Master the game for my birthday by Tony Robbins and read it in 3 days.
The best parts were the final chapters talking about the future in 3D printing of body parts etc which was quite awewsome actually...the first half of the book discusses investing in an Index tracking fund and why to avoid mutual fund managers and the 2nd half...bonds and similar investment vehicles.
Unless you already have a million dollars ready to invest and you want a set and forget investment you MAY do well...but what happens if you reach 65 and you plan to retire and the share market crashes? Back to work ! Question is how many people listed on Forbes made their money investing in the sharemarket? I liked the section on Annuities which gives you a regular GUARANTEED passive income when you RETIRE but first you need that million dollars...do you want to start saving $1000p/w for 30 years or start a business and make 10 x that in a year. No Guarantees of course.
Golden Rule in general...Low Risk = Low Return, High Risk = High Return...Calculated risk = High Return. The latter can be low risk but needs common sense and research. Start a business it's more fun : )

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Was given Money Master the game for my birthday by Tony Robbins and read it in 3 days.
The best parts were the final chapters talking about the future in 3D printing of body parts etc which was quite awewsome actually...the first half of the book discusses investing in an Index tracking fund and why to avoid mutual fund managers and the 2nd half...bonds and similar investment vehicles.
Unless you already have a million dollars ready to invest and you want a set and forget investment you MAY do well...but what happens if you reach 65 and you plan to retire and the share market crashes? Back to work ! Question is how many people listed on Forbes made their money investing in the sharemarket? I liked the section on Annuities which gives you a regular GUARANTEED passive income when you RETIRE but first you need that million dollars...do you want to start saving $1000p/w for 30 years or start a business and make 10 x that in a year. No Guarantees of course.
Golden Rule in general...Low Risk = Low Return, High Risk = High Return...Calculated risk = High Return. The latter can be low risk but needs common sense and research. Start a business it's more fun : )

Cheers
Rob
Yeah I'm excited about the technology part, so far I'm enjoying the book, on page 150.

OzzieRob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 3, 2013
Perth, Australia
Yeah..i still think it is a good read as it gives most people a good understanding on how most people invest their money.Get that first million and i'm all for the book. Sadly though investing in real estate wasn't mentioned in a favourable light except for REIT and i love real estate as it is tangible

skrdav

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 26, 2015
Probably one of the first things anybody should realize about the slowlane is that there are literally thousands of companies backing this shit because they are in the business of financial product and services! It's a multi-billion dollar industry. Probably trillion.

Look at the Forbes 400. Did anybody there get rich because they worked two full time jobs and invested it all in mutual funds? NO. You see fastlane principles at play at one form or another; private equity, entrepreneurship or venture capital.

Wanna know why Warren Buffett tells you ridiculous shit like "Coca Cola stock 100 years from now would be worth millions, buy it!" or "Index funds are the way to go! because 50 years from now you can't lose money!" Because if warren buffett actually told everyone how he actually invests and why, he would lose a tremendous competitive edge. He buys big shares in companies, cleans out management then tries to squeeze money out of distressed assets or create value with new partnerships or strategies. Its activist investing not analyzing and buying stocks on ETRADE. Its not in his shareholders interest or his to tell you how he does everything, why? because he is competing for crying out loud! This is why you never hear him talk about anything of HOW or WHY about his next deal or buy, its all behind the scenes.

The hypocrisy is just disappointing. Warren buffett doesn't do any of that shit. Tony robbins didn't get rich like that. The founder of vanguard didn't get rich investing in mutual funds he got rich offering financial product and services.

This is why you should always figure things out on your OWN. Not what the media tells you. There is so much dishonesty and misleading.

And yet we should listen to these liars because they are somehow an authority figure.

Seriously, have you ever met a multi millionaire whether in person or in a news article because they bought into mutual funds or saved money or worked two jobs? never.

The fastlane works because its based off of the laws of economics and mathematics not regurgitated shit like the slowlane which no one on the forbes 400 got rich following.

Correct. Take a look at this example of Arnold Schwarzenegger's ruthless competiveness.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.