The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How would you utilize these skills and experiences to make money?

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
Hello, fellow fastlaners.

Lately, I've been really busy with my Fitness project. (Creating a specific fitness program for professionals that funnily enough often lack fitness knowledge.)

Now this is a lot of work and I will definitely finish it and set up the business with it/blog posts/newsletters/video's and build it out to my own little "Empire."

However I've been thinking lately, I am in a very unique situation. as in: My life is different than anyone else's. I get for free what most people would die for, on the other side, I don't get what most people experience in their normal lifestyle.

And I wonder if there's a way to monetize all my experiences that I currently do not see.

So here's my life in short:

My job/life:
- Entertainer/Adult activities staff on a cruise ship
- Living on a cruise ship
- Travelling the world 300 days a year.
- Getting the chance to go out in different touristic ports for a few hours at a time, but coming back to most of them.

Due to the job(Entertainer/adult activities staff) I get to learn a lot of different skills, including but not limited to:
- Social skills
- Small talk
- Very broad knowledge. (I'm creating and hosting quizzes of all kinds)
- Hosting ability (Hosting game shows/quizzes/classes/parties etc.)
- Having to host certain activities, resulting in me having to learn it first. some of them are:
- Dances (Line dances mostly)
- Arts & Crafts
- Acting
- Theater

- Working with professional artists (Musicians, dancers, ice skaters, acrobats, aerialists, ballroom dancers etc.)
- Working with several other type of jobs. (From bar staff to cleaners, to mixologists, photographers, dining staff, art auctioneers, spa therapists, fitness instructors, sports staff, youth staff and more.)

(Previously I've worked in many different type of companies that have to do with hospitality as well, such as but not limited to; Disco, Event Management, Campings, Holiday resorts, hotels(4* and 5*+), Within those I also managed several things such as:
Sauna, Excursions, climbing courses, climbing wall, archery classes, lots of different sports, working with kids/adults from different nationalities and a lot more things.

Now I'm just wondering, could you think of any viable way to turn my experiences into money?
As I do have a lot of different experiences, but my salary...welll...it's not -that- great.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Do with hospitality what you do with fitness. Write an ebook "How I travel the world and get paid doing it" or something. Hold web seminars, blogs, etc and teach about hospitality, sociability, networking skills, etc. Build and grow from there

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
Durete:

You don't say what sort of entertainer you are. Is it a skill that can be learned by other aspiring entertainers via video? I'm a part time stage hypnotist and some of my colleagues work the cruise ship circuit. Not for me as the pay is generally low (heck, the company sees it as you're on permanent vacation), I don't want to be away from home that long, and frankly, I don't like cruise ships. However, I learned my craft initially from video programs put out by experienced hypnotists. I also ended up taking in person training from some of the same people to both polish my craft and develop industry contacts. Perhaps you could create a training regimen something like Basic Course (Video), Advanced Course (Video), In-person training. The courses are probably 50% technical skills and 50% how to promote yourself/get bookings.

Obviously, your mileage may vary depending on what kind of entertainment you provide but I know, in the hypnotist community, some guys (and gals) are making more money teaching than performing.

Cheers,
O-2

Damage Inc.

There's no return from 86
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
If you will already have experience in blogging and video then maybe you could create some sort of travel informtion / review site. My sister likes to travel and she does a ton of research and planning before going anywhere, so people like her are always looking for travel tips, best restuarants, off the beaten path activities, etc. You could create youtube videos showing scenery and giving tips or reviews of destinations to drive traffic to your site. Or maybe pick a niche like top 10 outdoor activities in each location, or how to eat dinner for less than $10 across the world, etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
You get to interact with all people from all kinds of jobs? That's great. Ask them what are some pain points in their jobs. What can be done better. Find a need they have. Then fill that need with either an info product ( you don't have to learn it yourself, just contact an expert in the industry ) or a physical product.

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
Durete:

You don't say what sort of entertainer you are.
It's a very broad style of entertainment.
It's not the basic entertainers that are featured in the evening shows, my job is a lot broader (and sadly worse-paid)
I do anything from performing dance shows. (High energy but not that high skill required)
Creating and hosting ; gameshows, Fitness classes, sports tournaments, quizzes, Non-spoken preshows in the theater, arts and crafts, dance classes, and more activities like that.
So kind of like activities staff/entertainment officer/presentator/host/master of ceremonies for adults.

Is it a skill that can be learned by other aspiring entertainers via video? I'm a part time stage hypnotist and some of my colleagues work the cruise ship circuit.

Well, the small skills are, the general thing that either makes you or breaks you is mostly; personality, charisma and energy.
And you can't really teach those 3.

As for writing books/sharing video's: I can of course share video's and write guides to generate traffic. but who in the world would pay for them if you can get the same answer for free on google?
There's no place where nobody else has gone before after all.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.