The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

please answer!! drop shippers!!

charles J

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 3, 2014
if there's anyone on here that knows a little about drop shipping products from amazon to ebay, than you are must need in helping me understand that process more clearly. my question is, after you make a sale and you receive payment within your paypal account, do you simply buy that product with your own cash and ship it to the buyers address? while skipping ebay"s packaging request reqarding weight and shipping fees? please make this part of the process clear to me as my founds within my paypal account is currently being withheld, (not trying to mess up right now l0l) ... thank you for your time (ill be sure to pay it forward)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
if there's anyone on here that knows a little about drop shipping products from amazon to ebay, than you are must need in helping me understand that process more clearly. my question is, after you make a sale and you receive payment within your paypal account, do you simply buy that product with your own cash and ship it to the buyers address? while skipping ebay"s packaging request reqarding weight and shipping fees? please make this part of the process clear to me as my founds within my paypal account is currently being withheld, (not trying to mess up right now l0l) ... thank you for your time (ill be sure to pay it forward)
Are you selling products on ebay and then purchasing them off amazon? Do you have the product/brand owners permission to do so?

Last edited:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
As a business model I don't think it has much in the way of legs. Any form of dropshipping has too low a barrier to entry to be worth the while setting up. This is especially true if your sales stream is dependent on eBay or Amazon.

IMHO you are better off looking for something more worth while to invest your time and energy in.

charles J

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 3, 2014
Are you selling products on ebay and then purchasing them off amazon? Do you have the product/brand owners permission to do so?
yes i do have permission... just wondering whats the next step, if you have the answer?

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
Yes, you would buy the stuff using your own cash... But @RazorCut is correct, you are better off looking for something more worthwhile to invest your time and energy in.

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
Yes people do make money copying and pasting from amazon to ebay. I, like most people on this forum are against it. Its a very shady method of making money. you screw over the consumer because they have to pay more for the same product. also ,you don't have permission from the sellers either.

Create real value. grow it, legitimize it, scale it.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I hate the model and would put money on the fact that you're not an approved reseller. This model overcharges unsuspecting shoppers. Caveat emptor.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
yes i do have permission... just wondering whats the next step, if you have the answer?
For some reason I find this hard to believe.

Can anyone venture a guess as to why a brand/product owner/business would NOT want unauthorized resellers buying their products on amazon for the purpose of reselling on ebay?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I found people selling my stuff this way on Ebay and Amazon. I always emailed them and asked them who their supplier was. In some cases they were buying off Amazon and selling on Ebay. In some cases they were selling knockoffs. Either way, most closed up shop immediately and apologized once they got my email.

SJVC

Go Make It Happen.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Jun 27, 2014
UK
I remember reading about this model somwhere and at first thought it sounded great because you held no inventory was a pure 'arbitrage' business.

It doesn't work in reality though, so try finding a few products that you can import and sell online yourself, that is a much more long term business model.

Under-Dog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 16, 2015
So.Cal
Not the best business model, in my opinion I would go another route. You run a great risk with this

Mike351

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 5, 2015
Australia MATES
Not the best business model, in my opinion I would go another route. You run a great risk with this

Absolutely agree, I used to do this awhile ago. One of my many failures. I would drop ship motorcycle parts of my choosing from various online sites. Some I asked for permission others I didn't. One of the things that made me decide "never again" was a guy who decided he didn't want his motorcycle exhaust pipes anymore as he changed his mind, which of course opened a can of mouldy olives. I had to fork out $450 USD for the refund, the ebay fees for having sold the part, the shipping for the return, which mind you, never even made it back. My current avatar (crying man infront of computer screen) represents that. But we all make mistakes, stupid ones at times. What matters is that we learn. It could be learning a new skill, or learning to stay away, just as long as we learn from it.

It is a horrible business model, and definitely not a long term viable solution for an online store. For those quick to defend it saying "ohhh you just retard you just ain't doing it right." Overcharging a valued customer via deception isn't "doing it right". At the very least, just use it to fill orders that are "Out of stock" you know, when you are literally out of stock...like the others have said on here, you are so much better off finding a product that you like that someone needs with a good margin and import it yourself. Even if it is dribs and drabs, pieces here pieces there. Start small.

No offense to drop shippers but you are not solving a problem or helping people by overcharging them for a product they can get from the people you order from. That is swindling. Bad business. Slow lane as all hell. It suits those "event" driven people and the "ohhh money money money money money cha fckin ching!!!" first type of people. For those where drop shipping works, good on you, but I guarantee you won't have a garage full of Ferrari 599s and you definitely won't feel good about yourself since you are not helping people, you are helping only yourself. How fulfilling.

richardlearn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 29, 2013
Everywhere
I guess all that is true, unless of course you consider Wayfair, Houzz, or every major retailer such as Target, Sears, Walmart, etc., Drop Shipping is not a new business model, it used to be referred to as "factory direct" and the like. Major retailers often use manufacturers to ship directly to their customers. If you are actually buying at wholesale you have enough room and are not "ripping customers off" you are offering a product for a set price that is comparable to most other offerings. Buying an item for less and selling it for more is trade, with drop shipping you are advertising an item for what it is and selling it for more than you can purchase it for, that's it. Sometimes the answer is to imitate not innovate (according to Schiff in Business Brilliant).

Here are a couple tips.
- Use reliable manufacturers and distributors, speak with them frequently, if they don't deliver to the customer find someone else. There are plenty of ethically businesses that will ship to the customer, it is much easier for them with new shipping options from freight carriers such as FedEx.
- I would stay away from "drop ship" sourcing web sites, not really getting wholesale pricing, find manufacturers/distributors
- Understand it is a low margin business, the online community is competitive, it is more profitable to find good products and own them before the sale, but also requires more upfront investment, drop shipping is a great alternative.
- Create your own site first, worry about marketplaces later, they will cut into your already narrow margin, they can boost sales but the core business is more important, test your suppliers, get accurate assessments of delivery times, find what your customers are buying, this will all contribute to your market place sales
- be ready to process returns quickly, your dealing with a lot of data & mistakes are going to happen, customers first always

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.