The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Scaling my fitness infoproduct biz to $30k/month by June 2015

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
I previously posted about my first product launch in this thread here - https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ness-infoproduct-first-week-sales-7150.57910/

This progress thread is to document my progress as I attempt to scale my fitness infoproduct business.

I will be updating this thread on a weekly basis to keep myself accountable.

Goals:

My goal is to hit $30k in monthly revenue by the end of June 2015

To some that may seem like too ambitious or too little but it's a goal I'm comfortable with and I know I can hit if I stay focused and take (the right kind of) action.

Current state:

My product sold about $7k worth during launch week and 90% of sales came from my email list.

Today my product is selling about 4-6 copies per day and are coming from a combo of my email list and people simply clicking the banner image on my blog and buying from there.

I have a pretty messy email autoresponsder funnel right now. I pretty much took my prelaunch emails and rearranged/reworded them a bit and put them into an evergreen autoresponder funnel.

How I'm getting leads now:

Currently I'm getting about 60-70 leads pretty much for free on autopilot via SEO. I did a lot of SEO on my blog a while back and it still brings me a ton of traffic today.

But I will say that my leads aren't 100% laser targeted. I get a lot of leads by offering a "FREE workout pdf" of workout articles I write so I know a percentage of guys who optin only want the freebies.

Leveraging my blog and SEO traffic

My blog gets a lot of traffic via SEO and I mean ALOT.

Daily it averages about 9-11k visitors per day.

You would think I would be making a shit ton with this amount of traffic but sadly my product sales page isn't converting very well right now. I mention my product and link out to it in pretty much every high-traffic page on my blog but conversion rates are absolute crap.

And the keywords are actually very decently targeted.

I definitely need to figure out why my page isn't converting. There's a lot of wasted traffic here.

Working on additional offers and upsells:

Currently I only have one front end product at $47.

I currently have 3 additional offers that I plan on putting into my funnel backend:

1) A guide on the psychology and mindset of fat loss ($27)
2) A rapid fat loss diet guide ($37)
3) Metabolic workout finishers guide ($27-37)

In addition to this I plan on offering customers high end premium coaching at $297.

Using paid traffic to scale

SEO can only get you so far and as you probably know, it's not very scalable and it's not controllable.

Paid traffic is.

My primary paid traffic source will be Facebook.

Once I get my funnel and marketing metrics (e.g. average lifetime customer value) down to a science, I'll explore other traffic channels but FB is my focus right now.

What I need to get done this week:
- Finish my first upsell, implement it into my funnel, and sell it to my existing customer list.
- Test my sales page and figure why it's not converting on my SEO traffic
- Create a new lead magnet that I can use for facebook traffic

Will update next week.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Excellent man, very exciting.

Your one of the few that are actually "making it" now.

Congratulations.

benhebert

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Dec 3, 2012
Traveling
I previously posted about my first product launch in this thread here - https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ness-infoproduct-first-week-sales-7150.57910/

This progress thread is to document my progress as I attempt to scale my fitness infoproduct business.

I will be updating this thread on a weekly basis to keep myself accountable.

Goals:

My goal is to hit $30k in monthly revenue by the end of June 2015

To some that may seem like too ambitious or too little but it's a goal I'm comfortable with and I know I can hit if I stay focused and take (the right kind of) action.

Current state:

My product sold about $7k worth during launch week and 90% of sales came from my email list.

Today my product is selling about 4-6 copies per day and are coming from a combo of my email list and people simply clicking the banner image on my blog and buying from there.

I have a pretty messy email autoresponsder funnel right now. I pretty much took my prelaunch emails and rearranged/reworded them a bit and put them into an evergreen autoresponder funnel.

How I'm getting leads now:

Currently I'm getting about 60-70 leads pretty much for free on autopilot via SEO. I did a lot of SEO on my blog a while back and it still brings me a ton of traffic today.

But I will say that my leads aren't 100% laser targeted. I get a lot of leads by offering a "FREE workout pdf" of workout articles I write so I know a percentage of guys who optin only want the freebies.

Leveraging my blog and SEO traffic

My blog gets a lot of traffic via SEO and I mean ALOT.

Daily it averages about 9-11k visitors per day.

You would think I would be making a shit ton with this amount of traffic but sadly my product sales page isn't converting very well right now. I mention my product and link out to it in pretty much every high-traffic page on my blog but conversion rates are absolute crap.

And the keywords are actually very decently targeted.

I definitely need to figure out why my page isn't converting. There's a lot of wasted traffic here.

Working on additional offers and upsells:

Currently I only have one front end product at $47.

I currently have 3 additional offers that I plan on putting into my funnel backend:

1) A guide on the psychology and mindset of fat loss ($27)
2) A rapid fat loss diet guide ($37)
3) Metabolic workout finishers guide ($27-37)

In addition to this I plan on offering customers high end premium coaching at $297.

Using paid traffic to scale

SEO can only get you so far and as you probably know, it's not very scalable and it's not controllable.

Paid traffic is.

My primary paid traffic source will be Facebook.

Once I get my funnel and marketing metrics (e.g. average lifetime customer value) down to a science, I'll explore other traffic channels but FB is my focus right now.

What I need to get done this week:
- Finish my first upsell, implement it into my funnel, and sell it to my existing customer list.
- Test my sales page and figure why it's not converting on my SEO traffic
- Create a new lead magnet that I can use for facebook traffic

Will update next week.

Awesome job man. Making money in the fitness and health niche can be tough!

I would recommend testing that front end product at a significantly higher price point. Maybe $150 or closer to that.

Why up the price?

With health and fitness e-books you're solving a problem for the customer.

Due to this, they may not be as price sensitive as you think. A higher price also indicates a higher value. You might buy a $150 fitness ebook or course just because it costs $150 and has to be legitimate for that price.

If your conversion rate stays the same, then you just 3x your revenue in one easy step.

Alternatively if things tank into the ground, you can try a lower price or even drop it to less than your starting offer with a stronger focus on the upsell afterwards.

Bring them into the funnel and then get them going from there.

Writing this I think the price may be too high or the value is off base if you're getting in 60 / 70 solid leads per day.

This is one of my favorite videos on the topic.

If you think we can collaborate between NaturalStacks and what you're doing, shoot me a dm.

Last edited by a moderator:

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
Are you worried about fitness market over-saturation?
I know gym apparel went through it. Supplement market is on a similar path with most people realizing bulk powders from China were easily accessible. Crossfit seems to be fading away as well as mixed martial arts.

I only bring it up because fitness is a passion of mine. I'm very active on a couple of fitness forums.
Almost every fitness guru on instagram or youtube is selling a specific workout plan or meal plan.
Many just plagiarize word for word from large published articles and sell to unknowing individuals.
Basic supply and demand dictates that all this "supply" of fitness related plans will drive the prices down.
Especially when you have heavy hitters like bodybuilding.com who have remapped the website and started a tv ad campaign recently.
They are targeting the same market and advertising similar information for free. They do this because they can use that traffic to drive sales to their supplement market place.

btw I'm not at all saying you do the "guru" thing, I'm just stating my observations from the fitness industry in the past 5+ years.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Awesome job man. Making money in the fitness and health niche can be tough!

I would recommend testing that front end product at a significantly higher price point. Maybe $150 or closer to that.

Why up the price?

With health and fitness e-books you're solving a problem for the customer.

Due to this, they may not be as price sensitive as you think. A higher price also indicates a higher value. You might buy a $150 fitness ebook or course just because it costs $150 and has to be legitimate for that price.

If your conversion rate stays the same, then you just 3x your revenue in one easy step.

Alternatively if things tank into the ground, you can try a lower price or even drop it to less than your starting offer with a stronger focus on the upsell afterwards.

Bring them into the funnel and then get them going from there.

Writing this I think the price may be too high or the value is off base if you're getting in 60 / 70 solid leads per day.

This is one of my favorite videos on the topic.

If you think we can collaborate between NaturalStacks and what you're doing, shoot me a dm.

That's a super high price point especially for a front end product. I guess I could test that but I would need to both ramp up the prodcut itself to make it worth that price. Very few fitness guys price their front end prodcut above $100. Most price in the $30-50 range.

I'd rather get a bunch on the front end and sell them on the back end.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Are you worried about fitness market over-saturation?
I know gym apparel went through it. Supplement market is on a similar path with most people realizing bulk powders from China were easily accessible. Crossfit seems to be fading away as well as mixed martial arts.

I only bring it up because fitness is a passion of mine. I'm very active on a couple of fitness forums.
Almost every fitness guru on instagram or youtube is selling a specific workout plan or meal plan.
Many just plagiarize word for word from large published articles and sell to unknowing individuals.
Basic supply and demand dictates that all this "supply" of fitness related plans will drive the prices down.
Especially when you have heavy hitters like bodybuilding.com who have remapped the website and started a tv ad campaign recently.
They are targeting the same market and advertising similar information for free. They do this because they can use that traffic to drive sales to their supplement market place.

btw I'm not at all saying you do the "guru" thing, I'm just stating my observations from the fitness industry in the past 5+ years.

Nope not a even a little bit.

Gym apparel went through it but look at companies like Gymshark which is newish and absolutely killing it now.

Fitness is never going anymore. Fads within fitness like crossfit and MMA might fade but the fundamentals of working out and dieting are here universal and never going to die.

Fitness is a passion of mine too and I 'm not just some random dude who got into it because it's a "big" market. I practice what I preach.

Bodybuilding.com is what it is - they are the #1 "generic" fitness website. My site and product has a specific angle and targets a specific group of guys.

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
You are already doing better then most.

I would take some of that 7k profit. Invest in an experienced copywriter to fix up your sales page to increase the conversions. Then hire people to do conversion rate optimization and to test and optimize your sales page.

The beauty is it won't cost you any additional money testing your conversion rate because you have 9-11k views to your blog. Optimize your sales page before you scale into ppc traffic. These small sacrifices now can make you a lot of money in the future.

Seems like the conversion rate from your autoresponder is very good based upon the revenue generated from your email list.

If you get the above down-pat then you would be able to hit a home run with paid traffic and even jving and affiliate programs. You could always relaunch your product after you tested everything and get a lot of partners and affiliates to promote to all their lists.

Keep killing it.

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Sounds Awesome man! Just push ahead and you'll get there for sure.

Do you have any tips on blog SEO? I just started a blog and I'm having trouble with this.

Would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
Nope not a even a little bit.

Gym apparel went through it but look at companies like Gymshark which is newish and absolutely killing it now.

Fitness is never going anymore. Fads within fitness like crossfit and MMA might fade but the fundamentals of working out and dieting are here universal and never going to die.

Fitness is a passion of mine too and I 'm not just some random dude who got into it because it's a "big" market. I practice what I preach.

Bodybuilding.com is what it is - they are the #1 "generic" fitness website. My site and product has a specific angle and targets a specific group of guys.

I'm glad you have a specific angle or niche in the market. The guys behind simplyshredded did an amazing job branching away from bb.com generic side of things and targeting the aesthetic lifters. They turned they site from basically a zyzz fan site to a legitimate aesthetics super site with tons of big name interviews and articles.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
I'm glad you have a specific angle or niche in the market. The guys behind simplyshredded did an amazing job branching away from bb.com generic side of things and targeting the aesthetic lifters. They turned they site from basically a zyzz fan site to a legitimate aesthetics super site with tons of big name interviews and articles.

Yeah simplyshredded is great.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
You are already doing better then most.

I would take some of that 7k profit. Invest in an experienced copywriter to fix up your sales page to increase the conversions. Then hire people to do conversion rate optimization and to test and optimize your sales page.

The beauty is it won't cost you any additional money testing your conversion rate because you have 9-11k views to your blog. Optimize your sales page before you scale into ppc traffic. These small sacrifices now can make you a lot of money in the future.

Seems like the conversion rate from your autoresponder is very good based upon the revenue generated from your email list.

If you get the above down-pat then you would be able to hit a home run with paid traffic and even jving and affiliate programs. You could always relaunch your product after you tested everything and get a lot of partners and affiliates to promote to all their lists.

Keep killing it.

Yeah I'm testing a lot of stuff now. Already seeing some good increases in conversions.

Alfa555

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 23, 2015
Why Facebook? I mean, if you spy on your competition, you can easily see what is working, copy it and start making more and more. You already have some data from your SEO trafic so it will be even more easier.

My advice to you would be, buy some spy tool, look at your competition and copy them. Let them lose money and do the testing for you.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
UPDATE #1
------------------
Average daily revenue = $250 per day
Profit is 100% since I'm getting leads and sales on autopilot via SEO.
-------------------

Sorry for the lack of updates like I said.

Been suffering from some major analysis paralysis as I was trying to decide on how I should build out my sales funnel and scale.

Instead of just jumping straight in and start building out ads and whatnot I spent almost 5 full days just reading about f*cking sales funnels, front end & backend marketing, sending way too messages to @Silverhawk851 and like a lot of guys...trying to make sure everything is "perfect."

Big mistake.

I wasted so much time doing that.

I now have a clear path of what I need to do and I am not going to stray from it.

Is my approach the absolutely best approach to scaling my business? Probably not, but it's a hell of a lot better than reading another article on how to build the perfect sales funnel.

And for those that read the book Ready, Fire, Aim, you'll know that it doesn't matter because I can fix my mistakes later on.

So to get into more details of my fitness infoproduct business and what I have done:

- My sales are averaging $250 per day now. I tweaked my email autoresponder sequence so I've been getting more sales from that
- My product includes a FB support group so I've taken the posts and messages my customers post in that group and use them as testimonials on my sales page
- Been testing the shit out of headlines on my sales page. Biggest lesson learned - don't get too cutesy and over the top with your headlines. Sometimes simple and straight forward is the best route.
- Finally created my first backend offer.

Refund rates for my product have been much lower than the products I used to promote on clickbank (about 4.8%) compared to 8-10% of the stuff I used to promote on CB.

I'll try my best to update here every 7-10 days haha. It's nice stress reliever to write all this stuff out.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
UPDATE #1
------------------
Average daily revenue = $250 per day
Profit is 100% since I'm getting leads and sales on autopilot via SEO.
-------------------

Sorry for the lack of updates like I said.

Been suffering from some major analysis paralysis as I was trying to decide on how I should build out my sales funnel and scale.

Instead of just jumping straight in and start building out ads and whatnot I spent almost 5 full days just reading about f*cking sales funnels, front end & backend marketing, sending way too messages to @Silverhawk851 and like a lot of guys...trying to make sure everything is "perfect."

Big mistake.

I wasted so much time doing that.

I now have a clear path of what I need to do and I am not going to stray from it.

Is my approach the absolutely best approach to scaling my business? Probably not, but it's a hell of a lot better than reading another article on how to build the perfect sales funnel.

And for those that read the book Ready, Fire, Aim, you'll know that it doesn't matter because I can fix my mistakes later on.

So to get into more details of my fitness infoproduct business and what I have done:

- My sales are averaging $250 per day now. I tweaked my email autoresponder sequence so I've been getting more sales from that
- My product includes a FB support group so I've taken the posts and messages my customers post in that group and use them as testimonials on my sales page
- Been testing the shit out of headlines on my sales page. Biggest lesson learned - don't get too cutesy and over the top with your headlines. Sometimes simple and straight forward is the best route.
- Finally created my first backend offer.

Refund rates for my product have been much lower than the products I used to promote on clickbank (about 4.8%) compared to 8-10% of the stuff I used to promote on CB.

I'll try my best to update here every 7-10 days haha. It's nice stress reliever to write all this stuff out.
Great to see you makin progress!

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
congrats and thanks for the updates..

how did you just all of a sudden decide you wanted to stop reading and take action on your sales funnel? did you want to just learn as you go or you figured out something key and wanted to run with it?

best wishes

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
congrats and thanks for the updates..

how did you just all of a sudden decide you wanted to stop reading and take action on your sales funnel? did you want to just learn as you go or you figured out something key and wanted to run with it?

best wishes

Because reading doesn't make you money. I already knew everything I needed to know, I was just afraid to take action because I was scared everything wouldn't be "perfect" which is absolute bullshit.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
Because reading doesn't make you money. I already knew everything I needed to know, I was just afraid to take action because I was scared everything wouldn't be "perfect" which is absolute bullshit.
Great Post! This just about sums it up for most people.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.