The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I think I've figured out what I want to do..

aa610

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 5, 2015
Massachusetts
Now I need a name.

I've been practicing mindfulness meditation for a long time. I have become an "expert" on mindfulness over this time.

My goal now is to take it to another level with a Youtube channel, and soundcloud channel, with weekly shows.

Trying to think of a snazzy business name.. I know.. it's tough, especially if you don't understand what mindfulness is. However, if you do, and have any thoughts, it would be much appreciated.

One I liked "The Now Network" but that is Sprint's thing! (the reason for the word "now" is that mindfulness means to be focused on the present moment aka now!)

thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
Does your name start with an M? If so, "Mindful Mendy...", "Mindful Melissa". You get the idea.

FLYmk

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jul 8, 2014
You could go by an alias so long as you commit. Or, being a fellow MA resident, 'Mindful Masshole'. It's a bit of originality, no?

Seriously though, I did want to chime in and recommend building a brand around you. Since you have little to no control over Youtube and SoundCloud, I HIGHLY suggest using your own website to showcase your content (while the networks themselves are the channels). And if you would like help, I can lend a hand.

FLYmk

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jul 8, 2014
I love it. Yes of course I would love any help you could provide!

Do you know anything about websites, hosting, creation, etc.?

Edit: It's okay if you don't, just looking for a baseline.

aa610

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 5, 2015
Massachusetts
You could go by an alias so long as you commit. Or, being a fellow MA resident, 'Mindful Masshole'. It's a bit of originality, no?

Seriously though, I did want to chime in and recommend building a brand around you. Since you have little to no control over Youtube and SoundCloud, I HIGHLY suggest using your own website to showcase your content (while the networks themselves are the channels). And if you would like help, I can lend a hand.

I kinda like the mindful masshole thing. Motivation is a bitch. Yesterday, I was so excited about this, and this morning, I'm not. WTF!

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
I kinda like the mindful masshole thing. Motivation is a bitch. Yesterday, I was so excited about this, and this morning, I'm not. WTF!
Motivation is a temporary feeling. Everyone loses the motivation at times. It's the ability to keep moving forward during those unmotivated times that sets the successful people apart from the unsuccessful.

The way I see it, is you have to keep your eye on the bigger picture and find your WHY. Why is it you want to do this? When you are feeling unmotivated remind yourself of your WHY.

Your motivation will come and go. Use it as leverage. When it's there, take advantage of it 100% to propel you further. When it's lacking, keep pushing 1 step at a time.

Disclaimer: I'm not successful, so what do I know? (Sounded good though, right?)

aa610

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 5, 2015
Massachusetts
Motivation is a temporary feeling. Everyone loses the motivation at times. It's the ability to keep moving forward during those unmotivated times that sets the successful people apart from the unsuccessful.

The way I see it, is you have to keep your eye on the bigger picture and find your WHY. Why is it you want to do this? When you are feeling unmotivated remind yourself of your WHY.

Your motivation will come and go. Use it as leverage. When it's there, take advantage of it 100% to propel you further. When it's lacking, keep pushing 1 step at a time.

Disclaimer: I'm not successful, so what do I know? (Sounded good though, right?)

Who says you are not successful? That's just a label.

What you said is right on. Focus on the big picture. Thank you! Really brightened up my day.

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
Who says you are not successful? That's just a label.
I just meant by my own standards I am not where I want to be yet.

As for your other post, my advice would be to do at least 1 thing today that gets you closer to your goal.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
In the Now

Indie Now (like independent now)

Living Now

Indie Moment

Magical Moment

Now Thats Life

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
You've picked a really long, slow path, one filled with lots of competition.

Your only unique selling point is your personality. And your only gameplan is to make noise over the sparse internet.

It can be done...but it will take so much time and energy. I think you're making a classic mistake, straight out the of the Fastlane bible: you're going for what you like, rather then what the market wants. Look for a specific point to address in your space...start off by focusing on a specific market want, that isn't horribly saturated already.

BTW, I'm a certified hypnotherapist...I know where you're coming from.

Blackadder

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Sep 17, 2013
The Ozark Mountains
You said you like "now" so I ran a few names past godaddy...the following names (.com's) are open well.... now

Now Queen

Now Syndicate

Now Vine

Now Venture

Now Fanatic

Now Velocity

Now Authority

Now Mission

Now Foundary

Now Bureau

(im sure you could toss "the" on the front of any you liked.)

FLYmk

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jul 8, 2014
You've picked a really long, slow path, one filled with lots of competition.

Your only unique selling point is your personality. And your only gameplan is to make noise over the sparse internet.

It can be done...but it will take so much time and energy. I think you're making a classic mistake, straight out the of the Fastlane bible: you're going for what you like, rather then what the market wants. Look for a specific point to address in your space...start off by focusing on a specific market want, that isn't horribly saturated already.

Couldn't agree more. And, if it takes weeks or even months to pull together a plan, strategy, process, and offering...it could save you (@aa610) a ton of disappointment.

FLYmk

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jul 8, 2014

That tells me you aren't confident. If it's not something you could see yourself spending 12 hours straight, 7 days a week, it might not be the right path for you. As mentioned, you should be EXCELLENT at your craft, provide something your audience wants [that has value] and f*cking be willing to hustle. If I can outwork you in your own business (and I'm even in the business) then you should re-evaluate.

My 2 cents.

aa610

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 5, 2015
Massachusetts
That tells me you aren't confident. If it's not something you could see yourself spending 12 hours straight, 7 days a week, it might not be the right path for you. As mentioned, you should be EXCELLENT at your craft, provide something your audience wants [that has value] and f*cking be willing to hustle. If I can outwork you in your own business (and I'm even in the business) then you should re-evaluate.

My 2 cents.

I think being good at something and wanting to work at it are different things.. But perhaps you're right

FLYmk

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jul 8, 2014
I think being good at something and wanting to work at it are different things.. But perhaps you're right

Sure, go work something that you suck at and let us all know how it turns out in 12 months.

Edit: Not saying you have to be excellent NOW...but at some point? Absolutely. Unless your competition is rather tiny.

aa610

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 5, 2015
Massachusetts
I actually started writing a book a few years ago on mindfulness. never finished it, but I just might. Obviously, there are so many books on the topic already, but mine is a bit different.

GreatestManEver

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 19, 2014
NYC
Hey Amy I'm a big fan of meditation as well, how are you at sales and marketing, marketing is going to be a big part of making this happen, see if it meets the CENTS test, and then you probably want to run a sample test to see if its profitable, before you put too much time and money into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.