The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to find a NEED

D

Deleted2BB3x9

Hey guys,

So now that my mini fridge idea is a bust, I started looking for another idea. I went on topsy, which is a search platform for twitter, and typed in "I need". Within a couple minutes, I found an idea. Lots of people were saying "I need a ------------", then I saw "I need my own personal ------------ in my house". What a great idea! Anyway, I figured I would just share this, I think topsy and twitter are great for finding needs.

Edit: I've removed the need I found, there are competitors but I just realized I can just improve the service.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

ReasonInc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 20, 2014
Here's an interesting idea that some companies do already, but I haven't really seen or heard of any one company cornering the market. The idea is a fresh towel delivery company to salons.

From what I've observed, clean towels are needed daily and the day's used towels need to be cleaned daily.

How I see it is I would try to get a few to several salons in the same general vicinity on a route so that time, fuel and wear and tear could be better controlled.

Their pain point is in controlling costs and the extra time needed after work required to do this task daily.

For it to be worth it to an owner, it would need to be cost effective enough for them to change how they do it now which is also why I suggest getting a few on board that are in the same area.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Didn't know about that website and actually is a good idea. Thanks

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
Thanks for posting that! I also found some help in Google using queries like:

"i wish there was a way to" forum
"why is it so hard to" forum
etc. etc. etc.

Usually points me to a hobbyists forum or some other community. Unfortunately I also have to type -game -warcraft in the query as well or I end up with a lot of crap.

Hope it helps!
J.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
haha first "i need" search
B8ZukxFIMAAmB6L.png

edit

for you programmers
mcW8VL8.png

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
Interesting site but when I search for something I read the first page and then click "more" it just keeps showing the same exact tweets by the same people. Yet it says there are like 500 results. Am I missing something?

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Gary Vaynerchuk posted his latest AskGaryVee show on YouTube today. The video is interesting, but even more interesting are the comments. In the show, Gary asks his audience to list two things his audience hates doing. The comments are a great place to find unmet needs and niches:
AskGaryVee Episode 112: Time Saving, The Death of Desktop, & Mike Stelzner
Watched this today too and enjoyed reading ideas in comments. Gary Vee is a marketing genius and his show is epic. Thanks for sharing it with the forum.

P.S. Really long rant/side note:
I really like the business model of saving time for people (convenience).

Having worked for a Laundry Locker which is a San Fran startup for laundry on demand type of deal I saw first hand how they people are willing to shell out money for convenience (even despite execution being spotty at times). Their edge was the software they developed for the company.

Uber, Shyp are other successful examples of Technology disrupting traditional businesses.

Also, bring on the robots to do our mindless shit. And driverless cars. We can then focus on important things like science and extending life.

I think a guy who was on this forum created http://getmagicnow.com which is an app where they will do anything for you on demand.

People in Gary Vee comments posted stuff like no time to cook healthy food, do dishes and laundry - they are obviously unaware that solutions already exist. I mentioned Laundry Locker above, for food and dishes Soylent is disrupting them (I use it, made a longer post here https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/posts/468000/ ) And his audience is the 'advanced' ones since they watch the show. So time saving businesses are only going to grow larger and larger as people learn about them.

Some low tech time saving businesses are Dollar shave club and all kinds of subscription boxes. Everything is being made more convenient. I plan on getting in on this craze within the next year. Exciting times we live in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.