The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is worldwide brands good?

ThatOneGuy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 22, 2015
Using the limited time I have, I think I spent 10 hours oher 2 days researching products. Everything on Ebay is extremely saturated. I think this would be my next best option, finding a wholesaler and getting a product cheap.

I'd love to hear any experiences with worldwide brands.

Regarding dropshipping, am I doing something wrong?
Is eBay just not a viable option aanymore?

Btw its 300$...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
How is this your next best option. You pay $300 and you get a list of all the products you just spent 20 hours searching on?

Just wondering why you think that this list at WWB would be better. What do you think it will have inside it?

ThatOneGuy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 22, 2015
How is this your next best option. You pay $300 and you get a list of all the products you just spent 20 hours searching on?

Just wondering why you think that this list at WWB would be better. What do you think it will have inside it?
Wholesalers who I can actually trust in organized list. It would be better in the long term, considering that.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi, the reason I answered in that way is because I wanted you to think about it for a second. Here is a company that sells a list for $300 to anyone. Do you think that it would be a good list? Wouldn't hundreds of other people have paid for this same list? Where would your competitive advantage be by getting this list if tons of other people who are eager to start a dropshipping business also have this list?

You need to think differently. The list is crap, I had access to it 7 years ago when I first started in this business. None of the companies on the list were any good. You need to find dropshippers who are NOT on that list or find people who don't even dropship and convince them to do it for you. Then you would be the only store selling their stuff!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
We were just talking about this on the inside. Why dig for GOLD when you can sell shovels?

The list is crap

Or maybe in this case, spoons.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The only person making money in that transaction is the one selling the list.

Serks

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jan 18, 2015
I wouldn't suggest going for that list.

I spent the 300 for it a couple of years ago.

I would say the list is as good or as resourceful as the person using it- won't take out the heavy lifting needed

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
find your niche, contact manufacturers yourself. save $300. that's what works.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Are you determined to follow the dropship business model? Some people make a success of it, but most don't. There are two big problems IMO (and more smaller ones)
  • Massive competition unless you can find a manufacturer who is not already supplying dropship resellers.
  • Pathetically low profit margins. From what I have read it seems that few do better than 30% profit and most do a lot worse. After cost of sales, including packaging, postage, eBay or Amazon fees, PayPal fees etc., many just end up being cheap labor for the dropship wholesalers.
If you have $300 spare to just pay to become a customer, why not put that money into inventory that you can buy direct from manufacturers overseas? I have had quite a few of my book readers who have started off with about that much and slowly built up their business. Not fastlane stuff for most, but some have made it.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.